How anyone could rate this album below an album with Overdue and Fillip on it is beyond me.

Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Falling Down, Cave, Showbiz, Uno, Escape, Hate This & I'll Love You

vs

Dead Inside, Reapers, The Handler, The Globalist

Fillip, Unintended, Sober, Overdue

vs

Psycho, Mercy, Defector, Revolt, Aftermath, Drones

Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Falling Down, Cave, Showbiz, Uno, Escape, Hate This & I'll Love You

vs

vs

Ah, forgot about Sober. Thanks for reminding me about that atrocity of a track.

vs

vs

You don't like Unintended? Why?

My heart sank when I got my preorder HD files... :'(

Good to see there was a different mastering engineer... but even so he may have only been for the physical pressing. If he's given the same files, what else could he do to minimize the damage? Hopefully we'll see come monday

I know about your heart - same reaction here.

The vinyl mastering engineer is at a completely separate company - Alchemy Mastering, who by the sound of things are experts in high end vinyl cutting. So clearly he's going to get a master file(s), and from there, there's only so much that can be done. The question I suppose is whether he gets the final 'CD Master' with all the brickwalling/compression, and then has to conform it for vinyl, or whether he gets something from an earlier point in the workflow - similar, maybe, to what we got on the T2L HD files.

I've just looked at the CD version of Reapers vs the 24/96 preorder download btw, and the download is better - there's visibly less compression on the waveforms, and just over a decibel more RMS D/R but it's still quite heavily clipped/brickwalled so a long way less (or more, depending on your pov) than T2L's. Fingers crossed for the proper release downloads.

I haven't kept up with all the gossip, but at some point I would love to know whether the T2L HD files being released as they were was a deliberate decision, or was an accidental result of someone nabbing the wrong set of files!

vs

vs

Except Defector is one of the best things they've done in the last 6 years. And Unintended is sweet.

Revolt kind of feels like a modern Muse version of Sober.

I know about your heart - same reaction here.

The vinyl mastering engineer is at a completely separate company - Alchemy Mastering,

This is it.

The mastering for vinyls is much better than the digital one.

You don't like Unintended? Why?

Never did much for me. Not saying it's shit, but I consider it a weak track.

Except Defector is one of the best things they've done in the last 6 years. And Unintended is sweet.

Revolt kind of feels like a modern Muse version of Sober.

You sure convinced me.

Revolt kind of feels like a massive turd.

I put Drones on par with Showbiz, at the moment at least. We'll have to see how it holds up in a couple of years.

Great songs: Showbiz, Muscle Museum, HTAILY, Falling Down, Cave vs. Reapers, The Handler

Good songs: Uno, Sunburn vs. Revolt, JFK, Defector, Psycho, Dead Inside

Okay/meh songs: Sober, Unintended vs. The Globalist, Aftermath

Shit songs: Overdue, Escape, Fillip vs. Mercy, Drones (not necessarily even shit tbf, just weird)

Pretty much evens itself out.

Btw they're called vinyl guys, no s there.

I love that discussion linguistically! For me it works like the word wine; when you talk about different kinds you might say: 'what vinyls should everybody own', but it just doesn't quite do it... love it!

I wonder how many people would complain about the loud production without the peak logs and waveforms. Obviously a lot of people still did notice without it, mainly for Mercy, but that was the first major complaint.

Probably very few. Personally I think BH&R is worse for it (TAB'especially). But at the end of the day the vast majority it won't even register or recognise.