I'm pretty much stuck with CDs in the car, sadly enough.

I don't make enough money consistently enough to have a cell phone contract (I mean, I make more than $100 a month... but I have some pretty staggering medical bills and a mortgage...and I do enjoy eating every few days) and I can't bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars on an iPod, because, well, Apple sucks balls.

I suppose there aren't any decent music players out there because cell phones are a thing.

I'm not really sure any carrier would approve me for a contract right now, anyways. :chuckle:

This might be my new favorite Muse album! Have I said this already? Yes! Why am I saying it again? I've actually heard the whole album this time!! This is absopositifruitly amazing! Drones is right up there with OoS and TR for me, my two favorite Muse albums. Definitely ahead of Abso with all of its life and emotion (and mostly its far superior production), better than BH&R due to the sheer unbridled epicness and focus. And of course it's miles ahead of T2L and Showbiz.

I just love this album! :D:D:D

snip

My parents are probably around the same age as yours, and I've gotten them both into Muse, so that was a fun read, thanks for sharing! For the record, my mom's favorite song is Knights of Cydonia. Not sure what my dad's favorite is, but he's heard up to Defector so far on the new album and he likes The Handler the best. :happy:

My parents are probably around the same age as yours, and I've gotten them both into Muse, so that was a fun read, thanks for sharing! For the record, my mom's favorite song is Knights of Cydonia. Not sure what my dad's favorite is, but he's heard up to Defector so far on the new album and he likes The Handler the best. :happy:

Your Pa & Ma have good taste!

It's all about Pono.

I was looking forward to this, despite its completely ridiculous shape and size, but no WiFi or Bluetooth, and the horrendous battery life have made me change my mind on the $500 price tag.

I've also heard the software is buggy and the interface on the device isn't reliable/user friendly.

I was looking forward to this, despite its completely ridiculous shape and size, but no WiFi or Bluetooth, and the horrendous battery life have made me change my mind on the $500 price tag.

I've also heard the software is buggy and the interface on the device isn't reliable/user friendly.

I was being sarcastic. It's one bullshit piece of "technology" that has no reason to exist.

Listened to Drones in the car with my parents (who are both in their fifties).

My mom showed some interest in the concept of the album and seemed impressed by the guitar playing in the ending of Reapers and the solo of Defector. They talked through the entirety of Mercy and The Handler and fell silent around Revolt.

Interestingly, after 5 seconds into Aftermath, my Dad went: "Damn, this is beautiful. Sounds a little like Dire Straits." :D When it ended, my mom remarked "Wow that was amazing, they haven't really made a song in this style before have they?" and my Dad was singing their praises. "At least someone's making real music again"

The Globalist was also well-received.

Dad: Is that real whistling? :LOL:

Me: Yeah, the intro's based on a Morricone piece.

Mom: So that's Bellamy doing the whistling?

Me: I'm pretty sure it is.

Mom: He really can do everything, can't he?

Around two minutes -

Dad: That's it, I'm getting myself a copy of this album. :LOL:

Mom: This is a relaxing listen.

Dad: I know right? The guitar tone is very Zen, it reminds me a little of dolphin calls. :stunned:

When the heavy section began -

Mom: Whoa, guitar battle. So what's happening now in the story?

Me: Eh... the protagonist has become a dictator, and he's nuking everybody. This is the countdown.

We got home with still 4 minutes to go in The Globalist, so Mom told Dad to not turn off the engine because she really wanted to hear the rest :D

that was fun to read. :happy:

Reporting from Cali, I got my Deluxe edition this morning!

Art prints were The Handler and Defector (which I fucking love!)

Strangely enough, as limited as the Vinyl set was (in terms of what you get), I actually really really like it. I feel like I got my exact monies worth ($). It just feels nice to hold. I agree that the no CD thing is a little silly, T2L's case was wonderful, but I've already got the songs on my laptop, phone and anywhere else I'd need it so I'm set haha

P.s if anyone wants to switch The Handler with Reapers I'd like that!

Strangely enough, as limited as the Vinyl set was (in terms of what you get), I actually really really like it. I feel like I got my exact monies worth ($). It just feels nice to hold. I agree that the no CD thing is a little silly, T2L's case was wonderful, but I've already got the songs on my laptop, phone and anywhere else I'd need it so I'm set haha

Alright, thanks! I ordered the cd + dvd, although I heard dvd was a little lackluster. :p

Alright, thanks! I ordered the cd + dvd, although I heard dvd was a little lackluster. :p

Very...but I watched it once which was all I planned to do with it. The making of edit is a bit different from the leak (presumably to avoid people not wanting it or something idk lol) so I guess that's "okay". TH was neat, felt very distant tho, Psycho was the only good live shot I think.

Quick question, and I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but the computer I use to rip cd's so that I can get them on my ipod has decided to randomly refuse to do so on some cd's. I looked at a bunch of troubleshooting guides and tried them, but nothing worked. Does anyone have a fix? I don't want this to happen to my copy of Drones.

Why is this album full of really shitty intermissions? Like the gaps between different parts of the songs feel really awkward. Examples include:

- The first guitar shreading of Reapers going into Matt shouting "Home!"

- The transitions between part two and part three of The Globalist

Just seem really awkward and wonky. Compare to for example the transition between Plug In Baby verse and chorus.

Just me feeling this?

When did you preorder, because I think I ordered a lil late and I haven't gotten mine yet.

When did you preorder, because I think I ordered a lil late and I haven't gotten mine yet.

I pre-ordered the day pre-orders started.

This is the fastest I've gotten it.

TR came to me day before release.

T2L came on the day of release.

This baby's 3 days early!