Initial ratings:

Dead Inside - 8

Drill Sergeant + Psycho - 7

Mercy - 6

Reapers - 9

The Handler - 10

JFK + Defector - 6 (love the solo and the strings but it's too repetitive)

Revolt - 6

Aftermath - 7

The Globalist - 9

Drones - 8 (Really like it as an album closer)

There's a couple of songs I've only heard once so this will probably change, but yeah.

I'd rate the songs like this:

The Handler: 9/10

Dead Inside: 8.5/10

Psycho/Mercy: 7/10

Reapers: 6.5/10

The Globalist: 6/10

Defector: 5/10

Aftermath: 4/10

Revolt/Drones: not sure how to rate these. I kind of like what Drones is trying to do, but I'm just not sure if I actually like it. Revolt is just... I really don't know to be honest.

In terms of albums, at the moment I'd say:

BHaR

OoS

T2L

Abso

Showbiz

Drones

TR

So there are 3 weaker tracks on the record (Aftermath, Revolt, Drones). So how is that a bad album then if the rest is great?

Especially The Handler, Reapers, Defector (I loved the making of and I love it now), The Globalist, Dead Inside.

It's still better than the last 2 albums. And I even love the outro after the heavy part in GLobalist. Don't get the people who are actually commiting suicide because they don't like the album. It's a decent album. Nowadays only QOTSA could make an album without any fillers.

I agree, it's a solid record, but not a great one. I'm dissapointed because I enjoyed a lot the first part (and Aftermath), but I didn't like The Globalist, Drones and Revolt in the first listen, and it's a 10 song album, so that takes points. But, still, 7 solid tunes and the 3 I don't like can grow on me, so I will wait a time to make a final judgement :)

After my massive negativity and everyone elses positivity im gonna give it another listen to full through purely because i so desperately want to like it

This.

I'm trying to hard to enjoy The Globalist but it's just too long I think...

After my massive negativity and everyone elses positivity im gonna give it another listen to full through purely because i so desperately want to like it

do it. I'm on my fifth listen with Revolt and it's becoming better. same happened with DI, couldn't fucking stand it but after 2 weeks it was a completely different song

I know it's not a proper song but anyone else thought that JFK is amazing? i mean the speech + that epic music behind, and the buildup... Or it is just me

I liked the guitar stabs, but it went a bit weird when the Defector solo joined on strings IMO. Still, it's pretty cool.