Well, as usual, Muse can surprise us every time. The ending is not bad at all, it's just not what we expected... And as usual, you'll see that in 6 months we'll all be "god drones is a perdect album!!"

"As usual"?

Well, as usual, Muse can surprise us every time. The ending is not bad at all, it's just not what we expected... And as usual, you'll see that in 6 months we'll all be "god drones is a perdect album!!"

My only gripe is Defector and Revolt, everything else seems pretty good to great.

NB I still haven't fucking heard the song Drones though haha

This is exactly how I feel atm (without putting specific numbers on it).

Can't judge Aftermath at the moment because it's a beautiful piece of music but it doesn't really stick out to me as amazing yet

Still hate it and I don't think that will ever change, at least Revolt has the potential to grow on me :LOL:

I absolutely loved it and have done since the leak of the making-of video. The solo does things to me :LOL:

On second listen, I like Revolt and Aftermath much more.

I mean they are by far the weakest on the album imo (excluding Drones. That doesn't even count.) but I think they're quite fun.

OoS>Abso=Showbiz>Drones>BH&R>TR>T2L

But Drones is only just behind Abso/Showbiz imo. I still think it's their best of the past ten years.

Defector grows on me. It's a riff that I like more and more. It reminds me a little bit of that song that's played at the end of Fight Club. Only slightly. Maybe the others will grow on me? I have a fast paced mind, so I'll never enjoy sitting through TG without getting bored. Revolt will probably become more enjoyable. Won't get into Aftermath. Haven't heard Drones. So far, Defector's favourite. Think I like the ongoing riff more than Psycho.

Defector grows on me. It's a riff that I like more and more. It reminds me a little bit of that song that's played at the end of Fight Club. Only slightly. Maybe the others will grow on me? I have a fast paced mind, so I'll never enjoy sitting through TG without getting bored. Revolt will probably become more enjoyable. Won't get into Aftermath. Haven't heard Drones. So far, Defector's favourite. Think I like the ongoing riff more than Psycho.

Where is my mind by the Pixies? Thought that too :-)

On second listen, I like Revolt and Aftermath much more.

I mean they are by far the weakest on the album imo (excluding Drones. That doesn't even count.) but I think they're quite fun.

OoS>Abso=Showbiz>Drones>BH&R>TR>T2L

But Drones is only just behind Abso/Showbiz imo. I still think it's their best of the past ten years.

That's a very fair score, I think I'm in similar position to you (if not exactly the same) with the exception of disliking Defector, but yeah just behind Showbiz and in front of BHAR seems about right

Dead Inside - solid opener, fantastic vocals, 9/10

Psycho - great, but a bit repetitive, 8/10

Mercy - again it's great but middle section is a bit cheesy, 8/10

Reapers - probably best song since Absolution in my opinion, unbelievable 10/10

The Handler - same as Reapers, it's up their with their best 10/10

[JFK] - great interlude

Defector - fucking class, 10/10

Revolt - hilarious but fun and decent, 7/10

Aftermath - pretty good but doesn't sound like Muse, will have to listen to it a few more times.

Globalist - a lot better on the second listen, 8 or 9/10

Drones - not quite sure what to make of it yet

All in all, solid album. First half better than the second and Reapers through Defector is some of the best stuff they've ever put out. Best moment is probably the Defector solo.

Positive review! I did not listen to Drones yet...I'm still hyped. Thanks.

I'm sorry, but Revolt is probably the best straight up pop song they've ever written - it's unashamedly upbeat.

While Hysteria, Plug In Baby, Supermassive Black Hole and Uprising are great pop rock songs, this is PURE pop.

I love it. It's got a carefree 60s vibe to it.

I'll quickly review the newest tracks:

JFK: seems like it could be a cool intro or intermezzo on a show 7/10

The Handler: this is what I expected and have been wanting to hear for a long time 9/10

Defector: it's ok I guess. definitely gets better after a couple of listens. 7-ish/10

Revolt: sounds like Bono and Freddy Mercury conceived a retarded baby who grew up to sing a show tune on Glee. It does get marginally less terrible near the end. 4/10

Aftermath: Very "brothers in arms" like, which is great.... if not for the terrible lyrics and delivery, we all know Matt can do so much better than this. Who knows, this might grow on me but for now 5/10

The Globalist: I share everyone's opinion about the different parts. 6.5/10

Drones: Made it halfway through then turned it off. I won't rate this for now.

Overall a bit disappointed, especially after hearing The Handler yesterday and the high hopes I had for The Globalist. Needed 2 or 3 more really good songs to be a great album.

I think Revolt is a grower, and I'm sorry to hear you don't like Aftermath! I think it's genuinely beautiful, it might grow on you :D