I like the vocals in Defector :$

I feel like they don't really fit in with the instrumental track, like they've added them in later or something. I don't know, they just sounds weird to me.

Reason number one Drones is great and deserves its place on the album; it's unlike ANYTHING Muse have ever done. And it works. It's just so unexpected.

This is true. It's not a masterpiece, but it's unexpected and somehow awesome. Hands down, they made it

Really like Drones. Interesting, different and provocative way to end, fitting for a concept album. Creates quite a melancholic, poignant feeling when it ends where you reflect on the album as a whole.

Well, after listening to the full album, I can walk away and say that Dead Inside, Mercy, Reapers, The Hander, Defector and Aftermath are really enjoyable tracks.

That's 6/10 … not too bad.

In order of albums:

Abso > BHaR > OoS > Drones > TR > 2L > Showbiz

Second listen of the tracks has made them all better so far.

Possible final resting place for Drones in the list:

Abso > OoS > BH&R > Drones > TR > T2L = Showbiz

Final Verdict: So much better than T2L is every way. A weird album, with some amazing tracks and some weird ones that just sort of stick out. Overall, confused but actually rather pleased!

High Points: The Handler, Reapers

Low Points: Drones, Aftermath (although it got better with a second listen).

I think Aftermath is gorgeous and personally I really enjoyed the Globalist. Defector is pretty good once you get past the shock of the vocals... Revolt, I'm trying to like. I think it'll probably grow on me after a few listens.

IMO instrumentally this album is magnificent and a huge success on that front. The guitar is unbelievably good... Especially on aftermath and the globalist.

I love reapers, the handler and psycho but I'm actually glad they didn't produce an album with only heavy songs because I've always enjoyed the softer songs that have came from their previous albums.

I can see what they've tried to do in making a story were the songs individually tell there own part. Overall I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10 possibly more after a few listens.

Dead Inside- 8/10

Psycho- 9/10 (I fucking love this track)

Mercy- 8/10

Reapers- 9/10

Handler- 9/10

JFK/Defector- 4/10 (This song is purely deafening, really don't like it)

Revolt- 5/10 (perhaps a grower)

Aftermath- 8/10

Globalist- 7/10 (might grow on me even more)

Drones- not heard yet

Overall rating (so far): 7/10

Not catastrophic, better than 2nd Law and (I think) better than TR

I don't see what many are saying, I think The Globalist riff fits perfectly. Just like the Reapers riff, it is just very very loud. Everything after it is what's weird and random and shoe-horned in out of nowhere. The song should have carried on in that vein for 4 more minutes. Why did they choose the other path :(

Drones: only one word, what?

Summary: great first half, I really enjoy the album until Defector, then Revolt kicked in and... I don't know what to think of it, but hey, it's one song and Aftermath was great. The Globalist was underwhelming and Drones was... strange. I have to listen to it more, but I think it's better than T2L and Showbiz, but after that first half... It's really a shame. There are 3 songs I don't enjoy in a 10 songs album, that's a bit too much.

I know that Muse can do better than that, and there are songs in this album that proves that (Dead Inside, Aftermath, Reapers, The Handler, Defector...). But, hey, I always thought of Muse as a hit-and-miss band and that's what we've got here :LOL:. I will save my final "review" when I hear it properly and many times. I'm underwhelmed, but maybe it was the hype of hearing The Handler, my favourite track of the record, one day before the album leaked. I will rate it with a 7/10, only because there are truly wonderful songs in this record.