Of course i didn't listen to the album because it isn't released yet. But i believe the album will be solid, Defector could be great track, as well as The Globalist, even if i'd like if that track was two or three minutes longer, the central part is immense and i'm dying to listen to it live.

I really can't cope with the auto tune on this album. It's dreadful. Whoever did it should never be employed for such a job again. Literally, one of the biggest rock albums anyone in this day and age could work on... and it sounds like it does. I think the mix of the album is all over the place. Some tracks are brilliant, and others are just a little off...

It seems like Mutt just got 'his guy' to tune all the vocals, and he just put it through Auto-Tune EFX or something, didn't touch the settings, or even try to do it properly in melodyne, and was like 'ere ya gan mate, i'm off gotta get home for the footy'

And then to top it all off, the whistles are actually out of tune in the globalist, and they left them alone.

WHAT IS GOING ON. Muse essentially have unlimited budget. Surely matt can't think his vocals need the tuning, or at least the horrible automatic tuning you hear on the album. You can tune vocals to the point of undetectable-ness with practice/experience. I let it slide on the singles, thought oh maybe it's just an effect he wants for the story... but it's just not right. Not right i say.

Also, the guitars are clipping (and not in a nice way) on songs like Pyscho, The Globalist. And I'm on the HD audio version in my fully treated mix room and Adam A7x monitors. It's a real shame.

HOWEVER.

Overall, I am enjoying myself. Especially the first half of the album. I think it's very powerful and worth it just for Reapers, The Handler, Pyscho, Defector. Good times.

Aftermath is very good, I've been wanting them to veer into this territory for ages. Wide soundscape, progressive structure, lead guitar everywhere, slow and atmospheric.

Agreed. What Save Me should have been.

Vocal melodies are all over the place in this album in general. Not enough attention to rhyme structures and syllable counts kills a lot of it for me.

It's not like he can't do better with the lyrics. Idk what he's thinking, hope he takes a bit more time with it next time.

I totally agree with this. So many things sound forced.

Agreed. What Save Me should have been.

This.

I can now firmly say that Defector and Revolt are the only bad tracks on the second half (I still haven't heard Drones yet :/ ) but Globalist and Aftermath have both snuck up behind me and knocked me clean out. Love the desolate, sparse sadness to them both.

So there are 3 weaker tracks on the record (Aftermath, Revolt, Drones). So how is that a bad album then if the rest is great?

Especially The Handler, Reapers, Defector (I loved the making of and I love it now), The Globalist, Dead Inside.

It's still better than the last 2 albums. And I even love the outro after the heavy part in GLobalist. Don't get the people who are actually commiting suicide because they don't like the album. It's a decent album. Nowadays only QOTSA could make an album without any fillers.