I feel like I would like Defector a whole lot more if it was an instrumental track. I really dislike the vocals. Not just the Queen harmonies (and I normally love those), but just the way they fit with the rest of the track.

I think my biggest complaint with the album just the lack of it to put it simply.

I mean you can't even consider Drones a song, so that leaves us with just 9 songs and, to be honest, that just isn't an album length. That's what disappoints me more than anything. If we got like 2-3 b-sides I'd be so much more happy

You realise it's like 53 minutes long, right? That is about the average length for a Muse album,

I think my biggest complaint with the album just the lack of it to put it simply.

I mean you can't even consider Drones a song, so that leaves us with just 9 songs and, to be honest, that just isn't an album length. That's what disappoints me more than anything. If we got like 2-3 b-sides I'd be so much more happy

I'm not digging Drones, but it's definitely a song :LOL::LOL:.

I don't see why you can't consider Drones a song? It's pretty clearly a song to me. The album also is 54 minutes long, which is pretty average for an album I'd say. I do agree that I'd love some b-sides, but I don't think we can expect any.

What's so great about a mediocre debut album besides some overrated songs and a couple gems, and a cohesive presentation?

No I'm sorry, I've got a huge place in my heart for Showbiz, I even love Sober, Filip and Overdue. Quality album imo but obviously yours is different. But it's more than mediocre to me

if this one is generally unliked and then their next (and possibly last album is also bad) their gonna end up remembered as that good band that turned to shit for 10 years, legacy will be ruined.

I think Matt will sleep soundly on his mounds of cash. They're still printing money, and they seem perfectly happy making afterthought music to justify another world tour, which is what they really want to be doing.

When the next tour starts, they'll keep one single and one they actually like (DI and Reapers to match last cycle's Madness and Animals) and move right on with their success.

Hahah! Yes. I thought this too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, haha! After seeing all the love for Aftermath I started feeling like maybe I was missing something, but after listening to it again a couple of times I still feel the same way.

I think Matt will sleep soundly on his mounds of cash. They're still printing money, and they seem perfectly happy making afterthought music to justify another world tour, which is what they really want to be doing.

When the next tour starts, they'll keep one single and one they actually like (DI and Reapers to match last cycle's Madness and Animals) and move right on with their success.

Nah matt especially strikes me as the sort of musician who wants to create good music, not just get money, although being an atheist i guess he doesn't care about being remembered or legacy maybe

I feel like I would like Defector a whole lot more if it was an instrumental track. I really dislike the vocals. Not just the Queen harmonies (and I normally love those), but just the way they fit with the rest of the track.

it's growing on me quite a lot now. It's literally just a case of listening to it so many times it becomes bearable then enjoyable :LOL:

Nah matt especially strikes me as the sort of musician who wants to create good music, not just get money, although being an atheist i guess he doesn't care about being remembered or legacy maybe

How does being an atheist have anything to do with that? :erm:.

You realise it's like 53 minutes long, right? That is about the average length for a Muse album,

True, I forgot about that.

Okay I amend my statement. The release seems so little (to me) because we only got 4 songs. I think releasing so many so early killed a lot of it for me

it's growing on me quite a lot now. It's literally just a case of listening to it so many times it becomes bearable then enjoyable :LOL:

Haha, I'll give it a couple of more listens then, hopefully it'll grow on me too. (Or at least stop annoying me as much)