For me T2L and Drones are in the same level. Better than the Resistane, even if the resistance has some amazing songs like T2L and Drones. But for me the last 3 albums have been a bit weak. Sure, like I said, some songs in each album are pretty great, but I only enjoy half and a bit of each album (same with Showbiz, but Showbiz had some great b-sides).

So there are 3 weaker tracks on the record (Aftermath, Revolt, Drones). So how is that a bad album then if the rest is great?

Especially The Handler, Reapers, Defector (I loved the making of and I love it now), The Globalist, Dead Inside.

It's still better than the last 2 albums. And I even love the outro after the heavy part. Don't get the people who are actually commiting suicide because they don't like the album. It's a decent album. Nowadays only QOTSA could make an album without any fillers.

I agree except Aftermath is a beaut ;)

So there are 3 weaker tracks on the record (Aftermath, Revolt, Drones). So how is that a bad album then if the rest is great?

Especially The Handler, Reapers, Defector (I loved the making of and I love it now), The Globalist, Dead Inside.

It's still better than the last 2 albums. And I even love the outro after the heavy part. Don't get the people who are actually commiting suicide because they don't like the album. It's a decent album. Nowadays only QOTSA could make an album without any fillers.

Oh I agree it's a great album, I just think it's a shame how the first half was SO good and the second half turned out to be the opposite

For me T2L and Drones are in the same level. Better than the Resistane, even if the resistance has some amazing songs like T2L and Drones. But for me the last 3 albums have been a bit weak. Sure, like I said, some songs in each album are pretty great, but I only enjoy half and a bit of each album (same with Showbiz, but Showbiz had some great b-sides).

Yep

Aftermath is very good, I've been wanting them to veer into this territory for ages. Wide soundscape, progressive structure, lead guitar everywhere, slow and atmospheric.

Ahem. Isolated System has existed for 3 years now! Maybe sans 'lead guitar everywhere,' but you have the added bonus that there's no singing.

Dead Inside - solid opener, fantastic vocals, 9/10

Psycho - great, but a bit repetitive, 8/10

Mercy - again it's great but middle section is a bit cheesy, 8/10

Reapers - probably best song since Absolution in my opinion, unbelievable 10/10

The Handler - same as Reapers, it's up their with their best 10/10

[JFK] - great interlude

Defector - fucking class, 10/10

Revolt - hilarious but fun and decent, 7/10

Aftermath - pretty good but doesn't sound like Muse, will have to listen to it a few more times.

Globalist - a lot better on the second listen, 8 or 9/10

Drones - not quite sure what to make of it yet

All in all, solid album. First half better than the second and Reapers through Defector is some of the best stuff they've ever put out. Best moment is probably the Defector solo.

OOS

Absolution

Showbiz

Drones

BHAR

TR

2nd Law

I THINK. That might change in a few days paha. So far only Defector and Revolt drag Drones down, the rest of the tracks all SEEM incredibly solid, but I'm half expecting BHAR to overtake Drones in a few days. Having said that, Globalist has grown on me even more after 4th listen

Dead Inside - solid opener, fantastic vocals, 9/10

Psycho - great, but a bit repetitive, 8/10

Mercy - again it's great but middle section is a bit cheesy, 8/10

Reapers - probably best song since Absolution in my opinion, unbelievable 10/10

The Handler - same as Reapers, it's up their with their best 10/10

[JFK] - great interlude

Defector - fucking class, 10/10

Revolt - hilarious but fun and decent, 7/10

Aftermath - pretty good but doesn't sound like Muse, will have to listen to it a few more times.

Globalist - a lot better on the second listen, 8 or 9/10

Drones - not quite sure what to make of it yet

All in all, solid album. First half better than the second and Reapers through Defector is some of the best stuff they've ever put out. Best moment is probably the Defector solo.

This is exactly how I feel atm (without putting specific numbers on it).