do it. I'm on my fifth listen with Revolt and it's becoming better. same happened with DI, couldn't fucking stand it but after 2 weeks it was a completely different song

Good point. DI really grew on me, and I was uncomfortable with it at first.

First listen of Revolt, I was like "Huh? Sort of cheesy." Then second and third listens I really started enjoying it. It's very catchy. I like the guitar solo.

1. The Handler

2. Reapers

3. The Globalist

4. Aftermath

5. Dead Inside

6. Defector

7. Psycho

8. Mercy

9. Drones

10. Revolt

And I actually really liked the JFK interlude as well. A good mix of the darkness of The Handler and the more hopeful sound from Defector.

I want to listen to Aftermath while driving down a highway with the windows down in summer.

I'm at work. I was able to skim through the songs on YouTube. Nothing jumped out as horrible or that I didn't like.

Aftermath sounded like it was almost boring though with how slow it is. I thought it was an upbeat song?

I think Revolt is a grower, and I'm sorry to hear you don't like Aftermath! I think it's genuinely beautiful, it might grow on you :D

I can appreciate 'beautiful' songs like Aftermath, but I can't enjoy them. As said, my mind is fast paced. I can't walk somewhere without listening to music and thinking up a situation to fit because I'd become bored. I prefer fast paced, loud tracks like Reapers and The Handler.

First listen : 6/10

Second listen : 8/10

Some songs really grow on you (especially Revolt, it's not very "Muse-y" but incredibly catchy, especially the verses!) Solid album! Only disappointment though : Globalist... Since the first time i saw the making of i was not so thrilled, and it confirmed...)

I'm at work. I was able to skim through the songs on YouTube. Nothing jumped out as horrible or that I didn't like.

Aftermath sounded like it was almost boring though with how slow it is. I thought it was an upbeat song?

no it's not upbeat haha, and it is slow. I don't find it boring because it has enough atmosphere to make it interesting (if that makes sense)

I can appreciate 'beautiful' songs like Aftermath, but I can't enjoy them. As said, my mind is fast paced. I can't walk somewhere without listening to music and thinking up a situation to fit because I'd become bored. I prefer fast paced, loud tracks like Reapers and The Handler.

ah fairs :LOL: I find it better than Blackout already

Man you guys are way too harsh on The Resistance. Or you just haven't gone back and listened to it enough. It's definitely better than Drones imo! And way more Musey anyway.

Absolution > Origin > Showbiz > Black Holes = Resistance > 2nd Law >= Drones

I'm gonna wait until the morning though, i'm still full of hype-disappointment that ruins it, probably because the handler yesterday made me think absolution era was coming back, but more resistance tbh, but i like some of resistance so we'll see.

I actually really like Drones, it's really different but the various vocal layers are really beautiful. Matt's voice is on point.

Yep, Drones is on point. Not everyone's cup of tea though that's for sure

Cut the last section out from Globalist and added a bit of fadeout.. it's almost perfect now (well, ends a bit too fast but at least with fadeout it's not so sudden). Shame theres nothing to be done with the rest of the songs tho...