Revolt is the first Muse song that I REALLY wanted to just turn off, if it wasn't for me wanting to hear the whole album. Not even Big Freeze made me feel this awful about a Muse song. And Drones is just pointless and cringey to me.

Also disappointed that both Aftermath and The Globalist had great parts, but are brought down by their latter halves. Oh yeah, and I loved the instrumentation of Defector but absolutely hated the vocals.

The second half of this album often made me feel like I was listening to church rock.

you know what, im never going to listen to aftermath intentionally thats going too.

Overall, even with reapers, dead inside, handler (only ones i like) i feel like the subject matter and style is just not muse and dont get the same emotional reaction i get from the first 4/5 albums. I cant get into them. Massive shame but i think i'll just keep listening to those albums like i usually do. Muse were the first band i properly got into and changed my music taste completely and got me into music, inspired me to pick up guitar again, and the sadder, apocalyptic etc songs really helped me through a hard couple of years (sounds sappy but idgaf), and i still am and never have been into a band as much e.g watching interviews, posting on forums, learning basically every lyric, b-sides etc you get the picture. No other band has ever done that for me like muse's first 5 albums have. But i feel like with this probably being their penultimate album too, im really losing the connection and this feels like the beginning of the end to them stopping being my favorite band, and instead a band i used to like who have a bunch of really good albums but then went downhill and faded away.

Bit of a sappy melodramatic post but this sums up my feelings after waiting for this, cant imagine how annoyed i'ld feel if i had been waiting since the resistance or even bhar.

*heavy sigh*

I'd listen to ten hours of that The Handler base, though. Wish they gave the same treatment to that as Psycho and Defector. I think people will look at Defector like they do Psycho in time. But my favourite base is the one in The Handler. It's too short though :(

The Globalist ended up being the Supremacy of this round. Fortunately, The Handler lived up to its hype.

Probably would've preferred Globalist to be longer than it was. That sort of massive finale ending they're going for feels weaker when the song wasn't very intense overall.

My only wish is that the heavy part of the Globalist went somewhere, that countdown was fucking epic, and the riff itself was massive, it should've gone somewhere, then broken off into a separate song with the piano. Shame, because the four minutes leading up to it and the three or four after it don't warrant a full listen that often.

Revolt sounds really strange, its like Queen and One Direction and The Darkness got mashed in a blender. I can see why people like it though. Its just not my cup of tea at all. Considering at the moment I'm listening to pretty much nothing but Oceansize and 65DOS I hope you'll understand where I'm coming from.

Chorus is pure radio pop rock though. It could do really well as a single. The kickkickkick-snare-kickkickkick-snare- drums in the last part of the chorus, whatever that is called, is good though. That drumming pattern could be really good in any song.

The Globalist ended up being the Supremacy of this round. Fortunately, The Handler lived up to its hype.

Probably would've preferred Globalist to be longer than it was. That sort of massive finale ending they're going for feels weaker when the song wasn't very intense overall.

Yeah, first 6 minutes are gold. Outro leaves you wanting more.

And I quite like Drones, this is what an Acapella is, not sure what else people were expecting.