I feel matt went for too much again on some songs... Those backing vocals on aftermath and globalist really annoy me... Love it in drones though, but it's the point with the song...

Defector : good song but the strings during the solo are too much i think

Revolt : not totally sold but definitely not as bad as people said

Aftermath : seems a great idea to start with, but I see the christmas references, unfortunately...

Globalist : same here, seems good but too cheesy

Drones : quite like it, seeing it's the point of the song

Overall : good album, overall better than TR, T2L and Showbiz but some songs from these albums are better than the one they could relate to in drones (for example, if i had to choose between BF or Revolt, definitely BF! )

Jesus some people will never be satisfied. I went in with moderate expectations, and was not disappointed.

Some of you look like you were expecting the second coming of jesus or some shit.

Agreed. I admit I realized just how high the hype was after the riff section in The Globalist ended; now that it's all melted away it's far easier to actually enjoy the album. Very very solid as a whole, main complaint is "Muse did not deliver" :p

Drones (the song?) made me remember why I'm not going to church.

The globalist is pretty awesome. Not CE awesome (I mean, come on Matt. What were you thinking) but okay.

Aftermath might be my favorite of the second half of the album.

Oh man Reapers is still so good. I really like the stutter effect on the vocoder in the chorus. Really adds another layer. The return of Charles on the pre-solo super bassy "killed byyyy" is also glorious. First part of the solo is such a cheeky head nodder, and the way it evolves into full head-bang-worthy coolness with the addition of the crash and chorus bass is cool as.

Not much worth saying about the outro riff. Its bloody good. The trem picked "siren" guitar reminds me of GY!BE

The Handler 9.5/10

Reapers 8.5/10

Psycho 8/10

Defector 8/10

Mercy 7.5/10

JFK 7.5/10

The Globalist - 7.5/10 (Could go up)

Revolt 7/10

Dead Inside 6/10

Aftermath 4.5/10

Drones - ?????? The melody is fine. The song is just outright weird and lyrics are just... Ugh. What..?

EDIT: Defector has shot up on second listen!