Do you like Revolt?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Revolt?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No. It's so Revolting!

Are you guys kidding me. This song sucks. If you like it pleeeeesse check out my music on soundcloud you will think I am a rock god . I much prefer NsC because it musically had a true muse sound to it

Why do people think that songs are somehow redeemed by having a "true" or "classic Muse" sound? If anything that just makes it worse if it's bad.

EDIT: Also this isn't.

How can you listen to a song once and then delete it and pretend it never existed?

I admit I was shocked at first but now it is on repeat, it's a little fun track, why not.

Stop this Guiding Light - Big Freeze nonsense, it's not even funny :LOL:

Edited by Gnossienne

How can you listen to a song once and then delete it and pretend it never existed?

I admit I was shocked at first but now it is on repeat, it's a little fun track, why not.

Stop these Guiding Light - Big Freese nonsense, it's not even funny :LOL:

erm, it is a bit like Big Freeze ;) I don't mind though tbh, I like Big Freeze and Revolt is slowly growing on me so got no real complaints

I'm not sure why everone is so mad at this :LOL:

It's so infectious! I have it on repeat. Reminds me of some of the tunes from Hot Fuss that I fell in love with way back, mixed with some Queen harmonies and ABBA question and answer like vocal bits. It's just such a happy tune, and I don't really get that boy band-ish feel some people are getting. It does feel odd that "Revolt", having such an important place in the narrative, plays out like a pop track. I was expecting this to be really aggressive, like Assassin. But it just tickles all the right neurons so I can't help but crave that pre-chorus/chorus. It's like candy. Also everyime I hear that peeeersistent, I can't help it but imagine the whole band having a laugh in the control room. It's so silly.

I kinda get the feeling that Defector and this one actually were aiming for a similiar sound, but this one just flows much better.

Now that I've listened enough to get past the hysterical laughter, I actually like it. :LOL: I'd much rather hear this live than Guiding Light, NSC, and even Starlight, and it's far too catchy for my peace of mind. This one should have been one of the singles, just to freak out the fanbase; I could see it getting serious radio play, too.

:chuckle:

I'm not sure why everone is so mad at this :LOL:

It's so infectious! I have it on repeat. Reminds me of some of the tunes from Hot Fuss that I fell in love with way back, mixed with some Queen harmonies and ABBA question and answer like vocal bits. It's just such a happy tune, and I don't really get that boy band-ish feel some people are getting. It does feel odd that "Revolt", having such an important place in the narrative, plays out like a pop track. I was expecting this to be really aggressive, like Assassin. But it just tickles all the right neurons so I can't help but crave that pre-chorus/chorus. It's like candy. Also everyime I hear that peeeersistent, I can't help it but imagine the whole band having a laugh in the control room. It's so silly.

I kinda get the feeling that Defector and this one actually were aiming for a similiar sound, but this one just flows much better.

It's because it's a shit song. It's sums up everything that muse have done wrong since absolution.