Do you like Revolt?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Revolt?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No. It's so Revolting!

Loved it at first and I still love it, the lyrics aren't nearly as cheesy in this as they are in Defector or Pyscho. And the vocals are stunning, and the guitar solo is awesome. It fits really well within the concept. Its def a radio tune but thats the only negative I gather. At the very least Anybody who thinks this is worse then Big Freeze is just plain wrong. I agree that any other opinion on this board is just that, an opinion but there's NO way this song is worse than Big Freeze.

Never seen such a divided Muse poll before :chuckle:

I honestly think the poll would have been more favorable if people(like myself) would have waited to let it grow on them.

I thought this was the worst piece of shit Muse ever created on first listen, then I kept humming it while I was working and I just had to get my fix again.

At first listen today: this is the strangest fucking thing muse have ever produced. Felt like it was country crossed with high school musical... (was just losing it reading the comments here seeing I wasn't the only one with those comparisons)

Then: I don't think I hate it but the chorus is so inspiring and weird but yet I'm actually smiling due to the weirdness

Now: I physically cannot stop myself happily fist pumping "you can grow!" It's ridiculous. But I keep finding myself singing it? It's just so positive so it's weird, but it really does come in at the right time

Can't get this song out of my head! Ok, so it's not rock, it's not heavy, but every album needs a bit of light and shade, otherwise it'd get boring. It's so catchy though! Seen some comparisons with filler album tracks from the most recent albums, but at the moment I feel it's much much better than the likes of Guiding Light, IBTY, NSC, Big Freeze etc. Don't think I'll be skipping it too often - in fact, I'll probably be looking forward to it in order to do a silly little dance to it!

What do people actually dislike about this song? :erm:. I'm just curious.

I hated his vocals throughout, it's almost like he was trying to be as cheesy as possible. The guitars felt lazy and sludgy in the verse and the Queen vocals in the prechorus got on my nerves. And the chorus itself felt lazy and Mercy-like.

Having said all that, it grew on me after around 8 listens and I can firmly now say it's 7/10 rather than the previous 3 or 4/10