Do you like Revolt?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Revolt?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No. It's so Revolting!

It's got the same playful vibe Muse had pre-Showbiz and also during Showbiz (Fillip, Sober, Overdue, etc).

It's just written and recorded in a far less juvenile and far more mature manner. It sounds far more like Muse rediscovering their past than anything else I've heard from them.

If this had been on Showbiz, or a Showbiz b-side, no-one would have batted an eyelid.

They're not favourites of mine, certainly, but they're indicative of the band's mindset then. And this reminds me of that, for better or for worse.

Personally, I really like it. It hits a light-hearted tone in a way they clearly strived for at times on T2L but completely failed to hit.

It's got the same playful vibe Muse had pre-Showbiz and also during Showbiz (Fillip, Sober, Overdue, etc).

It's just written and recorded in a far less juvenile and far more mature manner. It sounds far more like Muse rediscovering their past than anything else I've heard from them.

If this had been on Showbiz, or a Showbiz b-side, no-one would have batted an eyelid.

Revolt has no teenage angst. Showbiz is not Showbiz without angst. It's nothing like Showbiz.

on "Let's find a way to escaaaaaape" right before the Chorus? it simply moves into the background and he raises the pitch a fair bit so it becomes less audible.

Have you pitched it?

This song's growing on me, it's stupidly catchy. Might be slightly biased because I wrote something similar not too long ago. :erm:

You sure? I don't really remember any. :D

Funny thing is, that I think in the end, this will be the song that I might like the most from this hope-crushing second half. :))

Well, Neutron Star Collision didn't get a very warm welcome either. Not sure how big mayhem was caused in Main Muse though, didn't really happen to step here.

I don't think that if that song had been on Showbiz I would have liked it.

Also I don't see the maturity really shine in the song...

Have you pitched it?

This song's growing on me, it's stupidly catchy. Might be slightly biased because I wrote something similar not too long ago. :erm:

nope. Haven't had a chance yet. Why don't you do it?

They're not favourites of mine, certainly, but they're indicative of the band's mindset then. And this reminds me of that, for better or for worse.

Personally, I really like it. It hits a light-hearted tone in a way they clearly strived for at times on T2L but completely failed to hit.

I see where you're coming from. I'll try to listen to Revolt with this in mind next time.

Hope this isn't weird to say, but I really appreciate your positivity whenever a new album gets released. :happy:

This.

And I know I shouldn't say this, but I get a Pablo Honey vibe in the chorus (not saying it's a good thing, I really dislike Pablo Honey)

I want to reiterate that I think the versus on this song are so awesome. The second part of the second verse when Matt sings "Machines and drones" is awesome. The pre chorus still feels ridiculously out of place though. Sort of like the "It could be wrong, could be wrong" parts of The Resistance. Who knows, maybe I'll grow to love them, :LOL::LOL:

Literally what I said a page or so ago - this feels so teenage Muse, but without all the angst and instead confidence and clarity.

This is the first song post Showbiz/Hullabaloo era that reminds me of that time. I like it more with every listen.

Literally what I said a page or so ago - this feels so teenage Muse, but without all the angst and instead confidence and clarity.

This is the first song post Showbiz/Hullabaloo era that reminds me of that time. I like it more with every listen.

Kind of agree with you. I've finally reached a point where I can give this song 7/10, so my vote is yes. Yesterday it would have been a definite no :LOL: defo a grower. But yeah, I like it. Not great, but it's enjoyable once you get past some of the cringe factor. Feels like it might be the Overdue of the album (which incidentally I love)

More like cheesiness.

Tell what you're taking guys, must be good stuff.

The song is utter shit.