Do you like Aftermath?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Aftermath?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

The Drones artwork is my favorite! I didn't get a print of it with my deluxe edition though... ended up with Revolt and Aftermath (and I do love the Aftermath one, so I'm okay with that :LOL:)

I actually like the artwork, overall. But the random Reapers and Defector artwork throw off the whole thing!

The intro sounds a lot like "One" by U2. When Matt started to sing, I half-expected to hear him say "Is it getting better..." :LOL:

this :LOL:

but the song isn't that bad. it was quite a pleasant listening experience after all the physical pain I had to endure listening to the previous two.

finally listened to this one with headphones. wow it's crap. just awful.

maybe it's the repeated "from this moment" line, but this song actually reminds me of Shania Twain's (Mutt's ex wife) song "From This Moment" ...also produced my Mutt.

Revolt > Aftermath is just a brutal back to back

I, for one, really like this song. One of my favourites off the album atm, that'll probably change over time, but I'm really digging this one and The Globalist right now. I like how mellow it is compared to the tracks that come before it, it's a nice comedown from all the louder stuff.

After about 15 listens, most of the songs on the album have grown on me. This hasn't simply because it's absolutely rubbish. Dull beginning, middle and end. I'll be skipping it regularly I think, and it better not be part of the live rotation like Guiding Light was :(

Alright, I'm going to be the one who goes "Am I the only one who likes the cheesy ending?" This song was made for lighter/cellphone waving. They didn't really have a huge singalong song like that before. Not that they needed one, lol, but I guess they want to cross off every Huge Rock Band trope on the list before the end of their careers. It's no "Hey Jude", but it's fun.

But yeah, really digging that Disney chorus and the mellow beginning. The only bad part is the guitar solo, it's just too generic.

I find Aftermath very tender and emotional; I'm mostly talking about the music and the overall atmosphere it delivers, although many could deem it a bit generic.

But I also feel it might have been a lot more commendable had they stripped down the arrangement and production a little, maybe excluding the strings. A reverbed and delayed guitar in Hoodoo style at the forefront, with sweeping, atmospheric pad synths in the backdrop, would really do it.