Do you like Aftermath?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Aftermath?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

I've cried every time I've listened to it for this. I lost the love of my life in August and she was as big as Muse fan as I, I genuinely think this would have been our first dance. (Though it may have taken some convincing, she was dead set on Starlight).

I don't know whether to love or hate the song for getting that reaction from me.

I'm incredibly sorry to hear that, Aftermath is a beautiful song and it made me cry for similar reasons. There are loads of great people who are up for a chat if you need it

I'm incredibly sorry to hear that, Aftermath is a beautiful song and it made me cry for similar reasons. There are loads of great people who are up for a chat if you need it

I think this song really hits the core of people who are really sentimental (like myself), and those that aren't as much just think, wow what cheese.

Nothing to chat about really unless one of you has been secretly working on the cure for death. But thanks nonetheless.

It works incredibly well where it is placed on the album though, even instrumentally it feels like the 'credits' song of a story really. Whic is a nice change to putting a song like this in the middle of an album like they did on BH&R and TR.

It works incredibly well where it is placed on the album though, even instrumentally it feels like the 'credits' song of a story really. Whic is a nice change to putting a song like this in the middle of an album like they did on BH&R and TR.

This. It's nice to have a quiet break from an otherwise incredibly loud album (especially Defector and Revolt). It works as a breather if nothing else.

good god it's five times better than Invincible :LOL: just my opinion of course :D

I did not give it a rating against Invincible, either better or worse! It'll need some time to settle anyway to see if its a 'sticker'. What I like in Invincible are the simplicity and the words. People together being invincible, that sort of stuff which sounds authentic to me and not cheesy. (I don't like cheese but it's a fine line of course...)

not sure the about the lyrics of Aftermath yet. But love the melody and esp love the guitar solo.

I did not give it a rating against Invincible, either better or worse! It'll need some time to settle anyway to see if its a 'sticker'. What I like in Invincible are the simplicity and the words. People together being invincible, that sort of stuff which sounds authentic to me and not cheesy. (I don't like cheese but it's a fine line of course...)

not sure the about the lyrics of Aftermath yet. But love the melody and esp love the guitar solo.

yes I know you didn't give a rating, I was just pitching in with mine :) I'm glad people are liking Aftermath, was worried it would be everyone's most hated song

Ok I need to share this... At first I was like "what the fuck, muse is now a "heal the world" kind of band... Then I just listened to it right now and, for the first time with a muse song, I was struck with a feeling of happiness and hope, and I love that. Now I can actually say that the album is brillant! (it was the last song I was kind of having difficulties with)

Ok I need to share this... At first I was like "what the fuck, muse is now a "heal the world" kind of band... Then I just listened to it right now and, for the first time with a muse song, I was struck with a feeling of happiness and hope, and I love that. Now I can actually say that the album is brillant! (it was the last song I was kind of having difficulties with)

I'm damn well glad to hear it :) you're doing better than me, I still need to try to get to grips with Defector

I'm damn well glad to hear it :) you're doing better than me, I still need to try to get to grips with Defector

Well I got with it the first time, but I totally get why some people are having trouble with this one, it's agressive sometimes, but not in a good way :-)

WOW srsly, give that stuff.

Do you think Matt will be able to play all the guitar parts while singing? Or some of it be a Morgan job?

Some of them seem quite subtly fiddly to play at the same time as singing.

Even if so, I think that is absolutely OK considering that with every new album Muse songs are more and more problematic to be played live :)

Even if so, I think that is absolutely OK considering that with every new album Muse songs are more and more problematic to be played live :)
So you'd be okay with Muse just giving up playing live at all for their 8th album?