Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

Don't know if anyone has asked this before but does anyone know the tuning of The Handler?

It's sounds heavier than Drop D but it might just be the low bpm having it's effect.

It's drop D. The heaviness comes from the one and only bass master Chris and his top notch bass pedals. Heres a quick tab.

e---------------------------------------------

b----------------------------------------------

g----------------------------------------------

D----------------------------------------------

A---5--------------------------------S8-8-8---

D---0---0-0-0-3-3--3S7-7-7-7----------8-8-8-

e--------------------------------

b--------------------------------

g--------------------------------

D--------------------------------

A--S7-7-7-----------S5-5--5---

D-----------7-7-7-----------0---(repeat)

It's drop D. The heaviness comes from the one and only bass master Chris and his top notch bass pedals. Heres a quick tab.

e---------------------------------------------

b----------------------------------------------

g----------------------------------------------

D----------------------------------------------

A---5--------------------------------S8-8-8---

D---0---0-0-0-3-3--3S7-7-7-7----------8-8-8-

e--------------------------------

b--------------------------------

g--------------------------------

D--------------------------------

A--S7-7-7-----------S5-5--5---

D-----------7-7-7-----------0---(repeat)

Awesome, thanks! And yes, Chris manages to get such a beefy sound... it's crazy! :D

Just gave it a blast on Spotify...wow! just wow!... This is by far my favourite track off the album so far. It's amazing! Gave me chills, it made me nervously laugh and i'm afraid to admit, I actually cried a little... tears of joy I think. :LOL:

Both Reapers and The Handler sound like they have come from the Showbiz era of Muse, not quite as raw but pretty damn close, though I get more Absolution vibes from The Handler.

Love it!!! Thank you Muse, again!

Just gave it a blast on Spotify...wow! just wow!... This is by far my favourite track off the album so far. It's amazing! Gave me chills, it made me nervously laugh and i'm afraid to admit, I actually cried a little... tears of joy I think. :LOL:

Both Reapers and The Handler sound like they have come from the Showbiz era of Muse, not quite as raw but pretty damn close, though I get more Absolution vibes from The Handler.

Love it!!! Thank you Muse, again!

Reapers sounds like Abso era Muse to me.

I'm glad that they made such a great song as the turning point of the character in the album. I love how he is stating how he is controlled in the first verse, then bursts into the realization he wants out in the pre-chorus. I really feel the sense of the character being brainwashed but breaking out of it.

I must have listened to this song 20 times today, but it doesn't stick in my head for some reason. I couldn't sing even 10 seconds of it if you put a gun to my head. I can sing/hum all the other ones, but this one doesn't seem to have a catchy melody. Which is great, it keeps listening to it interesting.

I must have listened to this song 20 times today, but it doesn't stick in my head for some reason. I couldn't sing even 10 seconds of it if you put a gun to my head. I can sing/hum all the other ones, but this one doesn't seem to have a catchy melody. Which is great, it keeps listening to it interesting.

definitely, in my opinion if it's too catchy it gets tiring quickly

Same for me. It's the only Muse song since KoC that I've had the undying urge to play on repeat. I love the vocal part between 4:10 and 4:15. Sounds so cool and dramatic to me for some reason.

Agreed on the 4:10-4:15 part!! It reminds me of 90s grunge, something like of Nirvana. IT'S AWESOME! Very eerie though - I imagine Matt with his long hair in the studio.

Matt with long hair + this song must happen live some time. It's too heavy and moody NOT to have any long hair around! :LOL: