Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

Why according to critics? Most reviews have given the album pretty meh scores.

For me, I think this album will be about as good as Showbiz. Can't imagine it being anywhere near as good as Absolution, OOS or BH&R.

I don't know why, I just have a feeling critics will like it, and is there reviews out for Drones?

I have the feeling it might be their best album yet, so I apologize for having faith in it, but it's just how I feel. The idea that the whole album is one story, the exploration of the human mind, where we have a protagonist is something that intrigues me. And to get to explore that along with some dark and heavy music, I can't wait!

I don't know why, I just have a feeling critics will like it, and is there reviews out for Drones?

I have the feeling it might be their best album yet, so I apologize for having faith in it, but it's just how I feel. The idea that the whole album is one story, the exploration of the human mind, where we have a protagonist is something that intrigues me. And to get to explore that along with some dark and heavy music, I can't wait!

I have a feeling fans will like it a lot more than critics. I think a lot of critics will get too hung up on the concept to focus on the actual music.

I have a feeling fans will like it a lot more than critics. I think a lot of critics will get too hung up on the concept to focus on the actual music.

That's been my assumption from several reviews. They've criticised the concept more than actually reviewing the music which has been damn decent if not great in many parts.

It's a minute long and it varies very little, should've been about half the length. Could've used a bit more crash from Dom as well imo.

So what? Then don't listen to a drone song either.

Btw that part just works perfectly. And the drumbeat is really catchy as well, I bit post-punkish beat.

I'm just surprised that what we've heard hasn't put Drones right past Showbiz already.

This.

My gut instinct is that I'll enjoy it at least as much as BH&R.

But anyway, everybody's entitled to their own incorrect opinion.

So what? Then don't listen to a drone song either.

Btw that part just works perfectly. And the drumbeat is really catchy as well, I bit post-punkish beat.

It gets boring, pretty simple really. Also, FWIW I quite like drone music, totally different genre though and don't see at all how that's relevant.

I'm just surprised that what we've heard hasn't put Drones right past Showbiz already.

Half of Showbiz is great, the other half is meh to shit. Drones so for has 1 great song, 3 pretty good ones and 1 guff one. Both pretty mixed bags really and both average out to about 'decent'.

For me, I think this album will be about as good as Showbiz. Can't imagine it being anywhere near as good as Absolution, OOS or BH&R.

I can easily imagine it being as good as Absolution and BH&R. I know I'm in the minority, but I've never been a huge fan of Absolution. The arpeggios get annoying after a certain point, and I feel like it's Muse's "safest" album. I love BH&R but it's pretty hit or miss.