Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

The bass in the pre-chorus is just fantastic. Probably some of my favorite from Chris ever. My favorite moment in the song is probably that second chorus when Matt takes a breath and belts out that falsetto.

That prechorus makes the song unique, imo. What's going on in there, musically, anybody know? Is it semitonal stuff? The bassline really creates the mystifying atmosphere there!

Listen to some Castlevania OSTs and you'll find out :LOL::p

Haha will do, mate! But actually though, do you know what's going on musically?

It honestly sounds like some Tim Burton music like from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or something - not the oompa loompa songs, but the actual theme music, particularly at the end when the spoilt kids walk out of the factory.

This is probably the first time Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has been brought up relating to Muse... :LOL:

Haha will do, mate! But actually though, do you know what's going on musically?

It honestly sounds like some Tim Burton music like from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or something - not the oompa loompa songs, but the actual theme music, particularly at the end when the spoilt kids walk out of the factory.

This is probably the first time Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has been brought up relating to Muse... :LOL:

I don't but a friend called it neo-classical. Definitely listen to Castlevania themes and stuff because it definitely sounds like that

Only just had chance to listen, on holiday in some woods so I had to walk for ages to find a signal of any kind :(

It's decent, I guess. Don't really see the hype atm. Not really that heavy either. I probably need to give it a couple more listens yet though.

Only just had chance to listen, on holiday in some woods so I had to walk for ages to find a signal of any kind :(

It's decent, I guess. Don't really see the hype atm. Not really that heavy either. I probably need to give it a couple more listens yet though.

I think it needs a decent set of speakers to really hear and feel the bass, I would imagine that a phone might not have quite the same effect

G|----------12--15--14--12------------------------------------------------9-11-12-13-14--14--14--14-12---------------

D|------12---------------------15--14--12--10-12-10---------- 6--9------------------------------------------ 14-12--------

A|--10-------------------------------------------------------12--7-------------------------------------------------------------------

D|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made tabs for that melodic bass part if anyone interested... Amazing...

I think it needs a decent set of speakers to really hear and feel the bass, I would imagine that a phone might not have quite the same effect

To Jobby:

What he said...

Phone speakers just don't compare lol

Trust me - well I clearly say this subjectively - it's much better than what you think it is through phone speakers. In full experience with headphones or good earphones or a good sound system, it's like the baby of Muse, Royal Blood and Nirvana. :happy:

Oh I know, I was using headphones (not the best but a decent enough pair). Like I said I'll listen to it a couple more times but right now I'm feeling:

Reapers

Psycho

Dead Inside

The Handler

Mercy

Oh I know, I was using headphones (not the best but a decent enough pair). Like I said I'll listen to it a couple more times but right now I'm feeling:

Reapers

Psycho

Dead Inside

The Handler

Mercy

Out of curiosity, what's your absolute favourite muse song and is it really up there at all?

You seem hard to please haha

Out of curiosity, what's your absolute favourite muse song and is it really up there at all?

You seem hard to please haha

Switches between Assassin, MOTP and TAB. At the moment, it's Assassin. The Hanlder probably wouldn't make my top 40 atm.

I've liked every song from the new album to at least some degree other than Mercy, so I can't be that hard to please :chuckle: I just think that The Handler gets a bit dull as soon as the solo starts.

Switches between Assassin, MOTP and TAB. At the moment, it's Assassin. The Hanlder probably wouldn't make my top 40 atm.

I've liked every song from the new album to at least some degree other than Mercy, so I can't be that hard to please :chuckle: I just think that The Handler gets a bit dull as soon as the solo starts.

Fair enough. Hey, TaB is my all-time favourite Muse song, so kudos to you for that haha

Yeah, I thought the In Your World-esque solo was a tad anticlimactic - or perhaps it was a bit too busy for me? That's the only part of the song that would make it a 9/10 and not a 10/10 for me.