Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

"Trance Formation" is a call back to a book from Cathy o' Brian called "Trance Formation of America" where she reveals personal experiences from the MK Ultra program where citizens were put into a "trance" like state for the benefit of mind control.

"Trance Formation" is a call back to a book from Cathy o' Brian called "Trance Formation of America" where she reveals personal experiences from the MK Ultra program where citizens were put into a "trance" like state for the benefit of mind control.

Cool, thanks! :), It makes sense, yeah. But it was a total surprise since I always thought it was transformation :LOL:

Yeah, that made me like the song even more. I love the video! :love:

I have loved every song of the album so far, but to me, there was something "dull" about The Handler. Not sure what it is, it's just something that makes me love it less than the other songs.

I'm the complete opposite and Reapers is the only other song that *isn't* dull so far. Psycho has a nice riff but we've known about that for a decade, Dead Inside is no better than Madness which is rubbish by Muse standards, and Mercy...well, the less said about that nonsense the better.

The Handler is more exciting than any song on either of the last two albums.

But still, it's a damn fine song, and Drones has the potential to be their best album to date.

It really doesn't, it won't even come close to OoS or Absolution.

Within the frame of the entire album, this track stands out even more. Fucking amazing track. Definitely one of my top 10 songs.

+1. :facemelt:

I can't wait to hear it live. I'm going to rock out on Chris' side of the barrier and worship that filthy bass. :awesome:

I've had this song on repeat most of the morning. Then the lyric video came out and made it even better. Its a perfectly dark video. loved it.

also the lyrics say "Behold my trance formation". Makes sense as is. Not a mistype for "transformation".

lastly.... I :facemelt: starting at 2:05. Every. Single. Time.

Now that I've watched it again, I wish the mind control symbols (Alice/Pinocchio/Monarchs,etc.) were a bit more visible. Kind of hard to see what's going on over there sometimes, especially in the latter half of the song.

+1. :facemelt:

I can't wait to hear it live. I'm going to rock out on Chris' side of the barrier and worship that filthy bass. :awesome:

:yesey:

so with the lyric video, was this intentional or did they just fuck up writing transformation

tumblr_npcylu9LyA1u0vy6go1_540.png

because "trance formation" kinda feels like a really weird lyric and "transformation" makes sense so like... did they have a real brain fart moment or is it actually "trance formation" i'm so confused

so with the lyric video, was this intentional or did they just fuck up writing transformation

tumblr_npcylu9LyA1u0vy6go1_540.png

because "trance formation" kinda feels like a really weird lyric and "transformation" makes sense so like... did they have a real brain fart moment or is it actually "trance formation" i'm so confused

Go one page back and you'll find: