Do you like The Handler?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Handler?

• Yes, yes, yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope

I'm overhyping it massively, but yeah atm it's up there with MC and Showbiz (but not quite MM, CE, Bliss, Futurism, SS etc) but it could grow on me even more

Don't think it's overhyping it at all.

One of his best vocal performances, filthy bass, chilling vocal hooks, beautiful riffage. All the reasons I started listening to this band in the first place.

K I'm warming to it a bit more now. Reminds me of a cross between Fury and Supremacy/Exo Part 1. The riff is sinister as fuck for a Muse song and the vocals are really good, quite catchy as well. Just a shame the solo drags on for so long.

Should be cool at Download.

Still don't see how the solo is too long, for me it's fine. Better for me, I guess :chuckle:

It's a minute long and it varies very little, should've been about half the length. Could've used a bit more crash from Dom as well imo.

It's a minute long and it varies very little, should've been about half the length. Could've used a bit more crash from Dom as well imo.

Shit, didn't realise it's actually that long:stunned: I see now why it's long for so many of you, although for me it's still cool this way. May change when my obssession for this song lowers a bit, who knows

It kind of reminds me of the anti-climactic bridge of SMBH. I kinda hope it gets a similar live treatment.

This isn't an inherently bad thing.

T'is in this case imo, just feels needlessly drawn out. Reapers has a pretty long solo but it has plenty of variation which helps keep it interesting. The Handler is just 1 minute of HO/PO on the same notes over and over again.

I have loved every song of the album so far, but to me, there was something "dull" about The Handler. Not sure what it is, it's just something that makes me love it less than the other songs.

But still, it's a damn fine song, and Drones has the potential to be their best album to date.

Was with you until you said that.

Why? I would not be surprised if turns out to be their best album, especially according to critics. It will take something special to beat OoS, but I really believe this one has the potential, especially after I've listened to the first five songs.

T'is in this case imo, just feels needlessly drawn out. Reapers has a pretty long solo but it has plenty of variation which helps keep it interesting. The Handler is just 1 minute of HO/PO on the same notes over and over again.

You're wrong, and you should feel bad.

This song is fun as fuck to play along to, not as much as Reapers but still good fun

Reapers is the most fun I've had playing along to a Muse song, I can imagine this one being fairly fun as well though.

Why? I would not be surprised if turns out to be their best album, especially according to critics. It will take something special to beat OoS, but I really believe this one has the potential, especially after I've listened to the first five songs.

Why according to critics? Most reviews have given the album pretty meh scores.

For me, I think this album will be about as good as Showbiz. Can't imagine it being anywhere near as good as Absolution, OOS or BH&R.

I can see it working really well live though. Lots of flashing lights and some video/acting thing where the person finally starts to stand up against their handler.

Reapers is the most fun I've had playing along to a Muse song, I can imagine this one being fairly fun as well though.

For me, I think this album will be about as good as Showbiz. Can't imagine it being anywhere near as good as Absolution, OOS or BH&R.

If the rest of the songs deliver, I could see it sneaking up on BH&R for me. But Absolution and OoS are pretty much untouchable.

Wow, that's a terrible ranking