Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I guess that's the rub of it all right? Nobody could say that the first 4 albums were snooze-inducing. One thing about OoS is how it got me pumped up the first time I ever listened to it.

We haven't heard the whole album yet so there's still a glimmer of hope but realistically, the signs are bad based on what's been released. Reapers and Psycho have nice riffs but that's about it for me. Nothing that would get me 'pumped' anyway, though that's probably been the way since 2006.

Be careful about mentioning OoS around here, you'll be told to stop living in the past and to gtfo if you don't like that Muse have changed their sound since then :LOL:

I can now officially say that the new album is the worst thing Muse have ever done.

*heard 3 or 4 songs from the new album in full*

*claims that the album is officially the worst thing the band has ever done despite there being 10 songs to it*

Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Don't understand all the hate for this! Best song they've done in ages imo and my favourite by far from the new songs

Wouldn't say the best but there are a lot of underappreciated aspects here. I'm surprised nobody cares about the bassline or about how great the chorus harmonies are. Matt's vocals are also pretty emotive

Wouldn't say the best but there are a lot of underappreciated aspects here. I'm surprised nobody cares about the bassline or about how great the chorus harmonies are. Matt's vocals are also pretty emotive

the bassline isn't that amazing - just catchy

At least appreciate the harmonies, even the soft harmonies during the verses that make it sound like some effect is placed on Matt's voice.

i like Mercy, the vocals are great and the song works for what it is, I was just saying I don't think the bassline is that great!

i like Mercy, the vocals are great and the song works for what it is, I was just saying I don't think the bassline is that great!

Ah fair enough, yeah, I mean, it works for the song, being simple and easy to follow, but it's obviously no Hysteria.

Like I said, I think we can all agree that it works for the song.

It's a bit like Starlight mixed with NSC plus some Bliss wibbly noises in the chorus. And Bono vocals again. To my ears this is boring.

This along with Dead Inside has killed all the excitement Psycho and the tour gave me. Same old Muse we've had for nearly ten years. I can't even feel annoyance now, just apathy.

Edited by yekim_mikey

So we're definitely getting a music video, just don't know when. It was two or three weeks after the Dead Inside music video announcement on Instagram that we got the actual video. I hope it's a lot sooner this time, because I don't want to have to wait until the album comes out to get the video.

Don't understand all the hate for this! Best song they've done in ages imo and my favourite by far from the new songs

Agreed, the four songs we've heard eclipse much of their newer stuff from The 2nd Law and The Resistance. Best since Absolution I would say.

So we're definitely getting a music video, just don't know when. It was two or three weeks after the Dead Inside music video announcement on Instagram that we got the actual video. I hope it's a lot sooner this time, because I don't want to have to wait until the album comes out to get the video.

Dead Inside Lyric Video: 23rd March

Dead Inside Official Video: 28th April

To give some idea of dates

Dead Inside Lyric Video: 23rd March

Dead Inside Official Video: 28th April

To give some idea of dates

Yeah, but the Dead Inside music video was announced quite a while after the lyric video, whereas that's not the case. Additionally, that was the opening track, so they were no doubt trying to drag that out more, releasing stuff slowly before release. The music video for Mercy may be the final Big Bang before the release.

I put radio 2 on in the car, as I heard Mercy on it the day before. Interestingly, the first song that came on was called 'I won't give up' by Collabro, and the chorus sounds just like Mercy's chorus, but slower. Anyone else find this? Just a coincidence of course.

I put radio 2 on in the car, as I heard Mercy on it the day before. Interestingly, the first song that came on was called 'I won't give up' by Collabro, and the chorus sounds just like Mercy's chorus, but slower. Anyone else find this? Just a coincidence of course.

I disagree with them sounding alike, but I just found out that the song you mentioned first aired on the 10th of May, the same day Mercy was first leaked.