Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

This song sounds awesome and packed with energy, can't wait to listen to the studio version! I couldn't decipher any of the lyrics, but I hope they're not a giant ball of cheese like the lyrics of Psycho or pretty much 80% of the Muse lyrics since BHaR...

Anyone else hear tons of Eddie Van Halen influence with Matt's guitar work? Especially intro and solo.

I only read through the first few pages, but I think this is much more Van Halen-sounding than AC/DC. Although it is definitely classic rock-sounding.

Man I don't see how some of you guys don't like this, that song was fucking ace, and the whole way through as well without dying out. I had reservations about the chorus at first but thats awesome as well after a couple listens. Basically it seems to be "if you like classic rock - song is great" "If you don't like classic rock for some reason - song isn't good"

Better than anything on T2L barring Animals.

Man I don't see how some of you guys don't like this, that song was fucking ace, and the whole way through as well without dying out. I had reservations about the chorus at first but thats awesome as well after a couple listens. Basically it seems to be "if you like classic rock - song is great" "If you don't like classic rock for some reason - song isn't good"

Better than anything on T2L barring Animals.

Isolated System.

Actually sensing some Rush in there as well now, maybe?

Idk, I'm gonna use the one criticism I've always hated hearing from fans, but I think it just doesn't sound like a good Muse song, even when it is good... But it is hard to make out the instruments. I can picture it sounding a lot more Musey in studio, which would then make it awesome.

chill guys, muse and especially matthew have often sounded better and better with every gig of the tour, especially songs with similiar pitched falsetto as reapers in the chorus. The solo will change with time as well (at least the first half) i bet.

Anyone figured out the lyrics yet?

I try the first verse:

home, you're becoming a killing field

it is a cross there locked on my heart

we know the course and there is no one behind the wheel/veil

???

last line know idea lol

Actually sensing some Rush in there as well now, maybe?

Idk, I'm gonna use the one criticism I've always hated hearing from fans, but I think it just doesn't sound like a good Muse song, even when it is good... But it is hard to make out the instruments. I can picture it sounding a lot more Musey in studio, which would then make it awesome.

True the big riff sounds like some other band, very 70s-ish power chords. With some Van-Halen style tapping over it.

I just find it weird that Muse as a band was making more innovative sounding music early in the career compared to the last 2 albums where they've been aping their favorite bands. Usually a band keeps evolving and innovating. Honestly the only 2 songs on the last 2 albums that feels like moving forward were Exogensis & Animals(the 5/4 signature).

chill guys, muse and especially matthew have often sounded better and better with every gig of the tour, especially songs with similiar pitched falsetto as reapers in the chorus. The solo will change with time as well (at least the first half) i bet.

Anyone figured out the lyrics yet?

I try the first verse:

home, you're becoming a killing field

it is a cross there locked on my heart

we know the course and there is no one behind the wheel/veil

???

last line know idea lol

"...my heart...

with no recourse..

and there's no one behind the wheel

hellfire

you were

killed by...

drones!"

your last part makes sense tbh.

"cross locked on my heart" (if it is correct) makes sense as it could mean a "target cross" as known from sniper guns and similiar weapons and heart as a metaphor for something hold dear to oneself

edit:

i hope that final outro with the siren on top of it is on the album^^ sounds awesome

your last part makes sense tbh.

"cross locked on my heart" (if it is correct) makes sense as it could mean a "target cross" as known from sniper guns and similiar weapons and heart as a metaphor for something hold dear to oneself

edit:

i hope that final outro with the siren on top of it is on the album^^ sounds awesome

It's cross hair. Thats the term you're looking for yes its like a gun sight.