Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

Yeah, it definitely is awesome except I think that Matt completely dropped the ball. Again he has the opportunity to produce a cool riff but he just plays what sounds like feedback and makes the guitar sound even less interesting than during the solo of Psycho.

I almost wonder if it will even be part of the song, or if it is just another extended jam that Muse like to do.

Hearing it it doesn't really sound as AC/DC as I expected from everyone saying it, except maybe the very basic drum beat. The verse is more melodic than anything I heard from that band, and probably is more of like older metal songs like someone mentioned in the chat. I thought that was nice.

Chorus I don't even really know. I can't make out too much from it so I guess I'll save that opinion for the studio version where it's sure to be more pronounced.

So overall I guess I'd say it's ok. Psycho was also ok. Looks like the whole album is turning out to be ok. But that's ok. Ok?

Needing some more atmospheric stuff though. On large or small scale.

I kinda fail to see how the falsetto in the chorus sounds like classic rock? Instrumentally I agree it has a classic rock vibe, but the falsetto sounds very poppy to me. Besides the fact that it sounds kinda weak, I think it sounds very Musey.

The melody reflects both a little classic Rock and Pop to me.

This :LOL:

I absolutely loved the song from the first full YT vid I saw. I don't understand the extent of some of the sniffiness about classic rock on here, I think the chorus sounds great (return of the distorted vocals as well, which is always a plus). The verses have that TSP or MKU urgency about them and the outro is nice and heavy as well (and am I imagining the sound of an air raid siren or something playing over it?)

Also, is it just me or is there the most blatant but brief homage to the Back in Black solo at 3:00?

Same here. I loved it. It's a bit raw and solos feel a bit improvised. It also brought back the times when Crying Shame and Assassin were played for the first time live, same raw feeling. LOVE IT!

BTW I can also hear the air raid siren and I think it adds a sense of urgency to the song

As far as Classic Rock goes I think Guiding Light has the cheesy classic rock ballad feeling and I will take this anytime over Guiding Light or NSC

Edited by Hyper

it's so... un-muse and so... classic rock :vomit:

The verse was probably the best bit, and even then it's not great. It wouldn't be a Muse album without at least one song I skip, and maybe it will be better in the context of the album and when I'm not hearing it through a shitty recording, but this does have me a bit concerned. That solo can sod off.

LOVE the new song, what the hell is everyone complaining about? Great use of the falsetto, amazing if somewhat improvised guitar solo THATS A FREAKIN MINTUE+ LONG, sweet riff, excellent outro (granted that may or may not be apart of the finished studio version) and on top of that I don't think Chris' Bass has sounded this good on new songs (this song and Psycho) since the days of Absolution.

So my question to you so called "hardcore Musers" would be if this song doesn't do it for you (keep in mind rough/first live version) then what EXACTLY do you want a NEW muse song to sound like?

I mean I just feel if you don't at the very least think this song is decent then the only conclusion that I think Muse could come to to make some of the Hardcore Musers happy would be to re-record Origin of Symmetry and name it something different.

LOVE the new song, what the hell is everyone complaining about? Great use of the falsetto, amazing if somewhat improvised guitar solo THATS A FREAKIN MINTUE+ LONG, sweet riff, excellent outro (granted that may or may not be apart of the finished studio version) and on top of that I don't think Chris' Bass has sounded this good on new songs (this song and Psycho) since the days of Absolution.

So my question to you so called "hardcore Musers" would be if this song doesn't do it for you (keep in mind rough/first live version) then what EXACTLY do you want a NEW muse song to sound like?

I mean I just feel if you don't at the very least think this song is decent then the only conclusion that I think Muse could come to to make some of the Hardcore Musers happy would be to re-record Origin of Symmetry and name it something different.

Hear hear