Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

As a keen military watcher and an avid Muser, I found these lyrics from Reapers amusing....

"With no recourse And there's no one behind the wheel Hellfire You're walking in my drone fire"

Hellfire of course, is the AGM-144 anti tank missile that's become infamous in recent years for being launched from this thing, the MQ-9 Reaper drone, arguably the most iconic and notorious hunter killer drone of the 21st century so far.

Of course, maybe I'm looking too far into the word, but "hellfire" combined with the title "Reapers," makes me suspect if it's a cheeky reference to the real world hardware.

It's a bunch of random noise thats extremely hard to make come out of a guitar

Basically. Difference between this song and US is that this song has growth potential and it doesn't rip off something Muse have already done. Although the bridge blatantly rips off RATM but who's keeping track? :rolleyes:

Sections of the solo still sound a bit sloppy to me though. I think even those of us that weren't that crazy about it might be pleasantly surprised with the album version.

Yeah, I really doubt there will be a song I dislike on the album. It's interesting to see how the tracks manifest themselves live. Usually if it doesn't sound too solid live it sounds better on record, and vice versa. Usually.

I just hope this isn't another 'Supremacy'.

Well considering IMO this song sounds weak live compared to how Supremacy sounded at E-Werk, I think it won't be. Supremacy only took me one shoddy live recording to see its merits, whereas this track took me a few different videos to get to its essence. I feel like there's going to be a lot of multi-tracking on this song.

okay so i actually really like this one after two or three listens - some awesome guitar work from Matt as well - although I hope the solo is a little better structured on the album version - i also don't understand the complaints about the falsetto in the chorus i kinda like it

From what I can see I think there's lots - it just gets lost in the quality of the recording.

Yeah there is quite a bit. Also Heyjackk, my complaint about the falsetto is that it's weak the way it was executed here. The melody Matt sings also doesn't really sit too well with me. I'm sure it's far better on the record but for now it doesn't seem very strong. I hope to be proven wrong as he practices it more.

A way to fill out that chorus a little more vocally would be to have Chris maybe sing a lower octave, or some kind of lower harmony sort of like the Panic station chorus, or maybe they tried something like that in rehearsals and it didn't really work, either way like someone else said everything will probably tighten up as the song gets played more live

Yeah there is quite a bit. Also Heyjackk, my complaint about the falsetto is that it's weak the way it was executed here. The melody Matt sings also doesn't really sit too well with me. I'm sure it's far better on the record but for now it doesn't seem very strong. I hope to be proven wrong as he practices it more.

yeah it certainly struck me on my first listen that it was kinda weak, but i think as it gets more playthroughs it'll get stronger - just good to hear him using falsetto again really - i love it when he goes full falsetto

I agree. Do you think there's not enough Chris on the track?

It seems he's playing quite a few good groves, but they get lost in the recording, same goes for some snippets of synths I heard but they also get drowned out. I'm pretty sure we're all going to be surprised how full it all sounds on the studio recording.

It seems he's playing quite a few good groves, but they get lost in the recording, same goes for some snippets of synths I heard but they also get drowned out. I'm pretty sure we're all going to be surprised how full it all sounds on the studio recording.

aka almost 3 months later :-(