Verse 2:

War

Licensed to govern here (?)

I don't think I can know the truth

An exhausted drone

And we're all expendable

???

They're trying to get around drone fire

In the first verse I'm getting "you wiped me out, killed by-" then the drones shout.

so? nothing bad about it^^ i dig it and yes it is apparently almost identically to born this way by lady gaga as someone else pointed out

Aaaaaaaahhhhhaaaa!!!! Thats where I had it from!!! Thanks! Although, Matt said

Once that he was a big gaga fan. :)

Can't hear it

Yeah I think you're right.

I also think the "oh" at the start sounds like "home," would make more sense.

I was going to point out the "home" as well. And the other part someone else mentioned is definitely correct. And I wasn't positive on my "wiped me out, killed by" but I'm not hearing what you put either.

I personally don't see whats so bad about the classic rock sound to this song. I like classic rock. Yeah sure not as much as 90's-today's Alternative Rock. I did get an AC/DC vibe though which I wasn't sure if I liked or not. I think it's kinda cool that it sounds classic rock-ish. So much stuff you see today in music is done electronically with synths, stupid bass drops, or some weird techno beat. I like that Muse decided to have a classic rock feel to the song. It makes me feel that classic rock isn't forgotten. A lot of classic rock bands influenced a lot of bands that are still going at it today. As long as it doesn't sound like a complete knockoff of another band's work I'm okay with it. I'll need to hear the studio version in June to really determine my exact thoughts as a video recorded on a phone just won't do it.

TBH that first performance was with guitars and it was a bit heavier than it ended up being on album and for the rest of the live performances.

It wasn't the guitar for me, it was that live the first "follow" after the drop is just miserable on the album compared to live. Robs the studio version of it's emotion and impact completely.

Chorus is (kinda) growing on me, but still what I consider the weakest part. I remember reading a somewhat similar negative reaction following the SMBH release.

Doesn't feel like much of a closer though.

Also still not really getting the AC/DC comparison.

I'm not gonna judge the song until the studio version comes out but I'm not particularly excited about it. It just sounds kind of disjointed to me, but that could just be an issue of it being the first live performance...

The more you hear it the more it grows on you, like almost any Muse song. I put it down for a couple hours and did normal person things and then came back to it and suddenly the chorus didn't really bother me anymore.

The more you hear it the more it grows on you, like almost any Muse song. I put it down for a couple hours and did normal person things and then came back to it and suddenly the chorus didn't really bother me anymore.

Chorus still bothers me, it's been a few hours. :indiff: