Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

Crawling out of my lurker ways once again.

I actually love this track. It reminds me of a Prince-like groove mixed with Depeche electronica, expressed through very modern pop textures. The dramatical vocal delivery gives a really cool touch to it, and it's also kinda darker than their other pop stuff. It works very well.

I think it is a lot stronger than any single from the past two albums and I guess the really beefy rythm section helps.

This so much.

I like these lyrics. I'm not much of a lyrics person tbh, I definitely focus a lot more on the music, and am baffled at what many times people consider to be good lyrics. Matt's may not be at the same level of his compositions but he's definitely not as dreadful as most make him to be imo.

:LOL:

Tee-hee. Indeed. That was funny.

If you like or love the last 3 albums, you are now pump up and excited for Drones. :p It is beginning to shape up like the remix of BH&R, TR and T2L. :LOL:

Dead Inside is gross. Madness and Undisclosed Desires are fine as guilty pleasures but resurrected them as a new single? You almost got me, Matt. I really thought LP7 is it. :D

This is instantly my least favorite Muse song. I really wish the vocal melody was at least catchy. I could get over the rest of it, but it's not catchy to me. I'm not sure what Matt was going for, if you're gonna make a song like this, you gotta at least make sure it has a good hook. Seems like he's making up the melody at times.

At least we have this part of the album out of the way now. The first third has been the pop section for the last like 3, and let's not forget there are still plenty of good IG clips that have yet to be matched to a song.

I agree but your last sentence confuses me

Couldn't find a good way to word it. But the melody and delivery he uses when singing "Revere a million prayers" and "Unleash a million drones" etc, think there are two more lines in the song with that melody are there or no? That part is the only thing of the song I love so far.

Didn't know about "The Globalist" thing. Going to have to research that.

First listen … and I don't know what to think. I'll seriously laugh if this turns out to be the Citizen Erased "sequel". Such a different tone. Musically, it's the best of Undisclosed Desires and Madness thrown together, which is great.

*using the "Steve" story from the Psycho discussion thread*

Steve meets the most amazing person ever and they start dating. (Undisclosed Desires)

Steve and his partner date a while and realize that their relationship isn't the best. (Madness)

Steve and his partner break things off and decide to see other people. Steve can't handle things as well as he had hoped. (Dead Inside)

Steve decides to join the military. (Psycho)

I have just created links between songs to tell a story. ;):facepalm: