Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, because we have lowered our standards to anything being better than T2L era is acceptable

They're gonna get ripped to shreds if the lyrics continue in the current vein

Dead Inside is not better than T2L era though..... this would fit perfectly on T2L

Still think it was too early to release this. Now we have to wait another 9 weeks at least to hear the album, damn. I'm guessing JB Hi-Fi will stream it first week of June (or Triple J will feature it that week).

We're gonna get another song by the end of april, don't worry.

But they weren't cheesy, and they had an ambiguity about them whereas everything from T2L exluding Animals is so dumbed down it's as if Matt thinks any sort of complexity goes over the listeners head. He needs to get back to no-one having a fucking clue what he was singing about, basically

Still think it was too early to release this. Now we have to wait another 9 weeks at least to hear the album, damn. I'm guessing JB Hi-Fi will stream it first week of June (or Triple J will feature it that week).

think they made a mistake in releasing the songs this early, the hype's been dampened too quickly.

that being said, the song is growing on me.

Maybe reading too much into it... but isn't it possible (considering the band specifically said the album would NOT be like this) that this song WAS Madness pt 2, intentionally... to show they are moving from that sort of music into the heavier stuff, thematically?

Someone also mentioned that this song is a transition between T2L and the 'return to their routes' rock sound.

Boyfriend was apparently listening in the background.

His eloquent review: "Best fucking thing they've done in almost ever; Matt's voice has never been better than that. Didn't say your ass is mine in it!! :awesome: A bit sad, though, right? Sad I wasn't alive in the 80s."

Now I think he's killing people in video games to it...

SS, I teared up too, don't be embarrassed. There's some pretty dark shit in this song imo.

The more I listen, the more I like it.It's like he's going manic, there at the end, slipping away into something... and then Psycho comes in.

Maybe they actually will pull off a concept album this time...

Btw I'm seeing a lot more "new" fans upset with this song than I am "old" so would people just quit acting as if there is some sort of rivalry going on here

I don't think it has anything to do with new vs. old fans. I think it has more to do with the fact that, generally speaking, over their career, Muse's music has been diverse (enough) to attract a wide variety of music fans. I think everyone has their own idea of who Muse "are" based on what got them into the band in the first place.

I completely understand why a lot of fans of Muse would hate this song, and I completely understand why a lot of fans would really enjoy it. Can't please everyone. I for one, am extremely please with what they have released thus far, because, besides from Big Freeze and Supremecy, I was NOT a fan of T2L.

Could someone explain to me why so many people keep comparing it to Madness and not Undisclosed Desires? It has WAY more in common with UD than Madness.

The build-up is similar. It stars slow and keeps evolving until the end. Well, we can compare it to Take a Bow too :LOL: :LOL:

I don't think it has anything to do with new vs. old fans. I think it has more to do with the fact that, generally speaking, over their career, Muse's music has been diverse (enough) to attract a wide variety of music fans. I think everyone has their own idea of who Muse "are" based on what got them into the band in the first place.

I completely understand why a lot of fans of Muse would hate this song, and I completely understand why a lot of fans would really enjoy it. Can't please everyone. I for one, am extremely please with what they have released thus far, because, besides from Big Freeze and Supremecy, I was NOT a fan of T2L.

best post in 100 pages