Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

Tbh I don't think it matters what kind of lyrics Matt writes from here on out, everyone is still gonna take anything methaphorical, attempt at being clever or sign of emotional earnestness as "bad lyrics". Basically anything that stands out will immediately be considered bad.

I don't think these lyrics are bad at all. Maybe a couple lines here and there but it sounds just like any pop love song. And I definitely wouldn't call this song cheesy. Again it's no more cheesy than any love song that's come out the last 3 years.

The only thing is this isn't the Muse I was hoping for on this album.

Nothing can be objectively florid. I can't be arsed to bracket everything with IMHO. However, "greatest guy" and "magic" are the most obvious offenders to my ears.

i'll give you "the greatest guy" line being naff, but i don't see how a cheesy line or two make a song bad from a songwriting standpoint, especially in a song about love.

aside, i never could get into flowers' solo stuff

This is the sort of thing I thought would happen on the new album so I'm not exactly disappointed or surprised. I scratch my head at the fanboys getting giddy over something like this and the usual excuses get trotted out to justify the direction that they've gone in, and that's fine. Having been a fan for 14 years or so though I've no interest in drinking the cool aid.

This is bland electro pop rubbish but that's largely what Muse have become, aside from the odd exception like Unnatural Selection. If we get one of them on Drones which subsequently becomes a live staple then I'll be happy enough.

Unfortunately there's probably more chance of a Guiding Light MKII these days.

I dont know how this song will fit into the "heavy" album but I definetly liked it more than Madness and Undisclosed Desires. It has this late 80's early 90's disco-rock sort of vibe.

VOCALS are amazing. I dont know why it feels this way but Matt really has something different in his voice. Its something I havent heard from it before. Anyone wanna spot it? I'm very impressed.

That being said its a radio single and well give some space to those boys, they have to earn a few bucks from it.

This is the sort of thing I thought would happen on the new album so I'm not exactly disappointed or surprised. I scratch my head at the fanboys getting giddy over something like this and the usual excuses get trotted out to justify the direction that they've gone in, and that's fine. Having been a fan for 14 years or so though I've no interest in drinking the cool aid.

This is bland electro pop rubbish but that's largely what Muse have become, aside from the odd exception like Unnatural Selection. If we get one of them on Drones which subsequently becomes a live staple then I'll be happy enough.

Unfortunately there's probably more chance of a Guiding Light MKII these days.

If the "usual excuses" include you not understanding the narrative and not having heard the interview with Matt from tonight, then sure.

I think it half depends on when you became a fan...

Supermassive Black Hole is the track that got me into Muse. Since then, they've released stuff like Uprising, Undisclosed Desires, Madness etc. and this is the sound I expect to come from them. That's exactly what has happened here... and I like it.

That's not to say I don't like their old stuff, otherwise I wouldn't be on this forum. I think just because of the time I became a fan, I'm more likely to enjoy their 'pop' side... Which, from the reaction of some people here, is like being slapped round the face with a pair of hairy balls.

EDIT: To be frank, I don't understand why people who hate Muse's more recent sound are even still on the boards.