Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

The lyrics are really growing on me, I don't even hate the "greatest guy thing". The delivery really helps

The "greatest guy" line is the description of what a psycho/sociopath is... a person with no human emotions who's charismatic and persuasive.

The "taught me to kill" line at the end is also leading into the ideas in Psycho.

(... and that's a fox orgy... right...? My eyes are so bad...)

The "greatest guy" line is the description of what a psycho/sociopath is... a person with no human emotions who's charismatic and persuasive.

The "taught me to kill" line at the end is also leading into the ideas in Psycho.

(... and that's a fox orgy... right...? My eyes are so bad...)

Yeah, I agree with the psychopath thing, I mean it could be phrased more creatively than

"On the outside

I'm the greatest guy

Now I'm Dead Inside!"

But at least it makes sense

The more I listen to it, the more I am convinced it should have had slap bass.

Who agrees with me?

The bass is pretty punchy as is so it's kinda the same effect but it would be cool to see someone try it.

Also this song is fun to play.

I like it. I prefer Psycho - have been crying out for a riff-tastic beast for a while! Dead Inside follows the previous lead singles (post-Absolution) nicely. I like its slickness, and the initial guitar solo is exquisite!

I actually think it becomes a bit generic in it's final stage, I would have rather it kept a bit more subtlety or, conversely, if it somehow explodes. It sort of does neither, just meanders on tunefully but without any real sense of a climax.

Overall though, very promising.

I love the song, the only thing that truly bothers me is how unacceptably similar "feel me now" and "come to me" in Madness are.

I actually quite like this, because it does seem like a followup to Madness.

The problem I find with it is that people who've only heard Madness will think Muse is just repetitive.

Darkshines

I stand corrected! Verse always gets me all hot and bothered.

Although I reckon Darkshines is more romantic and mysterious sexy, while TIRO and this new one's got that naughty morbidity vibe going on.

Edited by Khoaki