Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I love a lot of their new stuff, old stuff, and pop stuff, and there are only a handful of Muse songs that I genuinely dislike. This happens to be one of them now.

Maybe you just need more time with it? :LOL:

EDIT: The only songs I truly dislike are Guiding Light and NSC. Also, I'm not a massive fan of Madness. The overall trend here is the lyrical theme and delivery of it. I can only pick out little things about the actual music I don't like. Is there a recurring theme you (the people that hate this song) dislike?

Edited by -FutureStar-

First listen … and I don't know what to think. I'll seriously laugh if this turns out to be the Citizen Erased "sequel". Such a different tone. Musically, it's the best of Undisclosed Desires and Madness thrown together, which is great.

Going to listen again and see if it's a grower.

unfortunately....its there with anything' date=' i genuinely like it...i dig the retro electro style, i REALLY dig matts vocals, you can hear that he feels this one, theres something.......extra (for want of a better word) in his voice....and this going into psycho sets the narrative for the rest of the album.[/quote']

I like the build up, same as Madness (that shit sounds so much better live than on record too), so I'm by no means a hater for the sake of it. I had just hoped that they'd gotten this sort of thing out of their system with The 2nd Law and we'd move on to something else, not necessarily a rehash of OoS, just something fresh.

This feels like 2012 all over again ;)

First listen … and I don't know what to think. I'll seriously laugh if this turns out to be the Citizen Erased "sequel". Such a different tone. Musically, it's the best of Undisclosed Desires and Madness thrown together, which is great.

Matt said that The Globalist is the CE II and is a 10 min prog nightmare.

Tho you never know if Matt is realistic or just bullshitting :D

the CE sequel is The Globalist

I feel bad for those who aren't excited for this album anymore. I'm personally more hyped about it now. I'm expecting this to be the best album since Absolution. I feel like thus far I've heard elements from the past 3 albums but blended together very nicely.

:LOL:

Crawling out of my lurker ways once again.

I actually love this track. It reminds me of a Prince-like groove mixed with Depeche electronica, expressed through very modern pop textures. The dramatical vocal delivery gives a really cool touch to it, and it's also kinda darker than their other pop stuff. It works very well.

I think it is a lot stronger than any single from the past two albums and I guess the really beefy rythm section helps.

Some lyrics are...shitty (especially those last two lines). Some other lines seem to be thrown in just for the sake of setting the theme for Drones. But in some instances the combination of lyrics and melody/delivery seem quite sincere (even if cheesy), which is a vibe I don't really get from Matt's vocal performances on most TR/T2L songs.

Yet, it's something quite pop so we'll see if it stands on it's own in the future.

Edited by s3ker

Yeah... If you like Madness, Undisclosed Desires (or the less popular GL or NSC), then you'll probably come round to it. If you don't, then there's no point. :LOL:

Of these I actually think NSC is the best, I guess because to me it's the only one which has any of the "Muse sound".

Yeah... If you like Madness, Undisclosed Desires (or the less popular GL or NSC), then you'll probably come round to it. If you don't, then there's no point. :LOL:

It's a possibility. I didn't outright hate Madness or UD, but I came around to like those a bit, or at least find them entertaining at times. Getting on the path to liking DI will be an uphill battle. :LOL:

His delivery and the lyrics from 2:50 onwards are abysmal and make me want to throw up, possibly his worst yet. Also the solo is meh, but I like the general sound of the song.

Well the delivery of the first half is amazing. The way he sings lines like "unleash a million drones" makes that line not even bother me. Some would call that a bad matt lyric yet it doesn't bother me at all. Goosebump central when he delivers how many 3 or 4 lyrics with that melody?

Tbh I don't think it matters what kind of lyrics Matt writes from here on out, everyone is still gonna take anything methaphorical, attempt at being clever or sign of emotional earnestness as "bad lyrics". Basically anything that stands out will immediately be considered bad.

I've felt this has been the issue for a while now, and it makes me a bit sad.

That said, I still haven't heard the damn song yet.

Well the delivery of the first half is amazing. The way he sings lines like "unleash a million drones" makes that line not even bother me. Some would call that a bad matt lyric yet it doesn't bother me at all. Goosebump central when he delivers how many 3 or 4 lyrics with that melody?

I agree but your last sentence confuses me

The last section of the song just kills it for me. I actually like the rest of it, musically anyway, but unlike SfA, RbS, Madness or a million other songs of theirs that kick into high gear at the end, it doesn't really feel earned at all. It just starts flailing around for a change of scenery and falls flat.

After 2 listens. I like it.

I was alive in the 80s, so I can say that yes, it reminds me of the 80's but feels current. I like the comparisons between it and Sign O The Times. I don't think it's anything different from stuff they've done from BH&R on.

Is it totally brilliant? No, but it's a decent pop song with more guitars than on the last album, so it feels heavier to me.

And I love Matt's vocals. Some of the lyrics grab me by the throat and shake me, and some make me roll my eyes. Which is just...Matt. It's how he's always written.

Still on they hype train for the album.