Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

Really makes me think Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode or Tainted Love by Soft Cell though with a bit more of a rock and guitar vibe than either of them. I really love how it does feel like a pop song but has a sinister and dark edge to it at the same time. It also feels a lot more cohesive as a single song than Reaper or Psycho do, maybe because it's a few minutes shorter than both of them. I'm really digging this track! :D

But back then it was different. You can't compare anything in your () to these new pop songs the past 3 or 4 albums. It's not even about heaviness or rock'ness to me. Take RBS and Hoodoo for example. Two songs I'd confidently put in Muse's top ten.

I won't argue with that, although I don't like Hoodoo. Ruled by Secrecy, however, is a gem.

Sure, Dead Inside isn't a "classic" Muse song, but it's fun. It sounds like they will tread on the older trail with The Globalist, so there may be something on the album for everyone! Who knows...

At the end of the day, whether you like both songs or not, as Fabri has said - they're both average at best and for me it's just not good enough (so far)

true, especially when you know that they could write better than that. :erm:

I like Psycho a lot. That riff never gets old for me.

Dead Inside is good. It's like a better version of Madness, IMO. And Matt's vocals are fantastic in it. However, I enjoy Muse's rock songs more than their pop songs, so I'd give the edge to Psycho.

Reapers may be better than both of them though. I'm withholding a final judgement on it until I hear the studio version.

I won't argue with that, although I don't like Hoodoo. Ruled by Secrecy, however, is a gem.

Sure, Dead Inside isn't a "classic" Muse song, but it's fun. It sounds like they will tread on the older trail with The Globalist, so there may be something on the album for everyone! Who knows...

I'm going to sound like a selfish old Muse fan here but its not enough to wait 3 years in between new material to get 2 or 3 songs max from my favorite band that actually suit the version of them I like. And I don't think this is a case of "I can't handle my favorites changing"

I enjoyed the quality that Radiohead put out every single release even though there were some drastic changes along the way. One thing stayed consistent and that is the quality at hand in their music. Can't say the same for Muse. Sure we get a quality couple songs each album but is it too much to ask for an album that the majority of the songs can stand up to the old stuff?

I like both and I prefer them to a lot of stuff from T2L.

Yes, because we have lowered our standards to anything being better than T2L era is acceptable

They're gonna get ripped to shreds if the lyrics continue in the current vein

This is definitely my favourite of the new songs so far. Great groove, catchy vocal melody. Muse are much better at cheesy 80s glam pop than cheesy 80s hard rock, it would seem...

I definitely agree with you! I really think it's the strongest of the three new songs we've heard so far. Though I wouldn't call it 80s glam pop. It reminds me more of 80s new wave/synth-pop music. They have more of a talent for emulating (while still putting their own flair on it) this style of music than some of the other styles of music they try to emulate.

I don't understand why so many people seem to not like this song. To me it seems like it fits in really well stylistically with Map of the Problematique and Undisclosed Desires, and even to some extent, Sign o' the Times.

Yes, because we have lowered our standards to anything being better than T2L era is acceptable

Nah, not really. The people that whine about the songs will no longer show up at shows, new fans will fill their place. Life goes on and their fanbase will grow

I think we're focusing too much on lyrics. Plenty of old fan favourite songs have terrible lyrics. New Born and Plug in Baby to name two high-profile ones.

I'm going to sound like a selfish old Muse fan here but its not enough to wait 3 years in between new material to get 2 or 3 songs max from my favorite band that actually suit the version of them I like. And I don't think this is a case of "I can't handle my favorites changing"

I enjoyed the quality that Radiohead put out every single release even though there were some drastic changes along the way. One thing stayed consistent and that is the quality at hand in their music. Can't say the same for Muse. Sure we get a quality couple songs each album but is it too much to ask for an album that the majority of the songs can stand up to the old stuff?

I think every muse album has been inconsistent in terms of quality. Difference is the last 3 albums have been really incohesive in terms of sound and musical direction. I'd say the extremes since Black Holes have seen more great songs and more rubbish songs.

Well, there are people who enjoyed T2L era. I prefer BH&R era, and some fans OoS era... You get the point :LOL: