Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I was a bit serious lol, I feel like the tone of the song was intended to come off as you described it, whereas a lot of people criticize the tone of the song/way it's executed as its "downfall" when that's the entire point of the song.

I actually do agree with that. At least now. Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see, because I really like the subject matter being dealt with, but I hope I'm not completely wrong. Matt at least seems serious about the subject matter, anyways, when he talks or Tweets about it.

When it first came out, I very much felt a very Survival-esque "well fuck you Muse, and your Monty Python bs!" :chuckle: So I see both sides, I guess.

Have you noticed that the running time of Psycho on iTunes has been cut from 5:28 to 5:16?

Could that mean the final fade-out effected with a lot of reverb and delay is going to be left integral, without a possible crossfade with Mercy?

Good catch, I want to download it to confirm whether you're right or not but I don't want to pay another $1.29 for a shorter version of the song. Does anyone else know what the 0:12 second cut actually cut?

The non-drill sergeant version started with the feedback strumming you hear a few seconds into the video without the overdubbed sergeant vocals. My guess is they only cut some extra repetitions of the riff.

Yes, which means Drill Sergeant has that strum and feedback, making Psycho's length shorter?

They're not going to recut the song at this stage. There is no cutting extra repetitions of the riff without changing how the song is constructed.

The non-drill sergeant version started with the feedback strumming you hear a few seconds into the video without the overdubbed sergeant vocals. My guess is they only cut some extra repetitions of the riff.
your posts really have gotten worse over time. I've heard the version (it's beenon spotify for ages) and you're wrong. As you literally said, the first non-drill sergeant version had the feedback, and now a shorter version without it has been released.

I had one a few days ago where Revolt was a "classic rock acoustic ballad"... and Aftermath a "glam rock lovesong" (Are you GL in disguise? Likely tho with what we've heard)... Lol

Revolt spelt backwards is Tlover, space it out and you have T Lover, T clearly stands for The so we're left with The Lover.

Clearly another cheesy 80s love song

your posts really have gotten worse over time. I've heard the version (it's beenon spotify for ages) and you're wrong. As you literally said, the first non-drill sergeant version had the feedback, and now a shorter version without it has been released.

Is it at all necessary to criticize my posts when it's totally uncalled for? For fucks sake

Yes, which means Drill Sergeant has that strum and feedback, making Psycho's length shorter?

They're not going to recut the song at this stage. There is no cutting extra repetitions of the riff without changing how the song is constructed.

Except they just did. It's 12 seconds shorter now, and the strum was in both versions of Psycho so i don't know what you're saying in the first bit

If you post something, it's up for critique. Now tell me again about how the next song will be Dead Inside.

Thing is he didn't critique my post, he just made that comment off hand. I see nothing warranting that when all I'm doing is speculating on a shorter version of a song I've not heard yet and don't wish to pay for to find out whether I'm right or wrong.

I've heard the version (it's beenon spotify for ages) and you're wrong. As you literally said, the first non-drill sergeant version had the feedback, and now a shorter version without it has been released.

I just listened to this on spotify and my iTunes (with the file from Warner) simultaneously and both were the same. Spotify shows the time as 5:17 but when you play it it's still 5:28. Unless there are 2 versions on Spotify and I've missed something...

Neither had the drill sergeant intro and both had the guitar tuning up to drop D feedback.