Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Given that, in my country there a no many swearings in the songs in airplay, so I thought that make a finer version (less ridiculous) of this one could have helped to spread it to the official radio (also in my country).

Sorry to have thought about that....

Than the point is another one, is it offensive calling "fucking psyco" a guy who kill innocent people under command?

I think not, it's just the thruth...

so why stop this in the airplay?

Well, there's pretty much no (uncensored) swearing on the radio in my country, and Matt himself got chastised for swearing in a UK radio interview recently, so that's somewhat of a moot point.

I don't think it's about what "year" we live in, either; if an adult chooses to use profanity, I feel like we're also adults enough to accept that.

I have no idea why so many people are still offended by harmless cuss words (and often still use truly offensive slang) but I guess they'd be less fun to say if some people didn't get all riled up about it when you do. Hell, sometimes they even help you get your point across better, or shock someone into listening to you.

Anyways, calling military personnel "fucking psychos" IS a bit controversial, despite your seeming to believe it's factual, and also sort of the point, as well.

AND I think you're interpreting "psycho" wrong - it has this kind of connotation of being some crazy evil nutbag, but it's being used as someone who simply doesn't feel "normal" human emotion (which is the clinical definition anyways.)

Although, the song really isn't terribly clear on that, I suppose, but to be fair, Bellamy's been confusing his metaphors a lot lately in interviews, as well.

This is such a strange conversation.

There's much more cringe worthy Muse lines that "your ass belongs to me now"

shhhhhhhhh go to sleep....

Unless you look at the whole song as a really grim lullaby being sung to someone's kid, and then it becomes a bit creepy instead.

I'm sure he'd be more tempted to laugh if he was singing "your head belongs to me" ;)

than... Luckily, i am not a singer and i don’t have the responsability to talk and sing to million people... :)

btw, i think the problem of my example is still in the language and i am sorry about that. Maybe “Your mind belongs to me now” could be better?

I won’t tell you “there are things in the world more offensive than this song”. But maybe you’re right, i focused on a line that is not “so bad”, given the context. Actually if i read at the full text it doesn’t matter to me as well, but i find some difficoulty to listening to it into a song. Maybe because there are big pauses between the lines, and you can miss the subject. So double meaning can achieve your mind and you have just not to think about it ... otherwise you can laugh out loud (at least).

Anyway you look a bit arrogant, don’t you?

Serpent, is it the wrong interpretation?

“i’m gonna make you a fucking psyco” to me is like “i’m gonna make you someone that doesn’t feel emotions”.

So, again, there is a double meaning in this song, and depending on how you get it, it can be offensive or not.

"I don't think it's about what "year" we live in, either; if an adult chooses to use profanity, I feel like we're also adults enough to accept that."

I think that is just a matter of education. You still can live in a dirt place. But you can make this place cleaner if you want.

People that usually stay in dirt places can live also in cleaned places, but the contrary is more difficoult. That’s why we should first “be clean”, in respect to others.

"I have no idea why so many people are still offended by harmless cuss words (and often still use truly offensive slang) but I guess they'd be less fun to say if some people didn't get all riled up about it when you do. "

(I do not know if i got all this sentence) Maybe people are not so offended by cuss words, but i agree with them that sound bad, especially if they are used a lot.

"Hell, sometimes they even help you get your point across better, or shock someone into listening to you."

I agree with you, and this is possible thanks to a usually good speach.

serpent is good to talk to you, thank you

Unless you look at the whole song as a really grim lullaby being sung to someone's kid, and then it becomes a bit creepy instead.

You have transformed Explorers for me:LOL:

than... Luckily, i am not a singer and i don’t have the responsability to talk and sing to million people... :)

btw, i think the problem of my example is still in the language and i am sorry about that. Maybe “Your mind belongs to me now” could be better?

I won’t tell you “there are things in the world more offensive than this song”. But maybe you’re right, i focused on a line that is not “so bad”, given the context. Actually if i read at the full text it doesn’t matter to me as well, but i find some difficoulty to listening to it into a song. Maybe because there are big pauses between the lines, and you can miss the subject. So double meaning can achieve your mind and you have just not to think about it ... otherwise you can laugh out loud (at least).

Anyway you look a bit arrogant, don’t you?

Serpent, is it the wrong interpretation?

“i’m gonna make you a fucking psyco” to me is like “i’m gonna make you someone that doesn’t feel emotions”.

So, again, there is a double meaning in this song, and depending on how you get it, it can be offensive or not.

"I don't think it's about what "year" we live in, either; if an adult chooses to use profanity, I feel like we're also adults enough to accept that."

I think that is just a matter of education. You still can live in a dirt place. But you can make this place cleaner if you want.

People that usually stay in dirt places can live also in cleaned places, but the contrary is more difficoult. That’s why we should first “be clean”, in respect to others.

"I have no idea why so many people are still offended by harmless cuss words (and often still use truly offensive slang) but I guess they'd be less fun to say if some people didn't get all riled up about it when you do. "

(I do not know if i got all this sentence) Maybe people are not so offended by cuss words, but i agree with them that sound bad, especially if they are used a lot.

"Hell, sometimes they even help you get your point across better, or shock someone into listening to you."

I agree with you, and this is possible thanks to a usually good speach.

serpent is good to talk to you, thank you

I'm still not entirely sure what you're getting at but all i can think of now is matt singing "your butt belongs to me now" to censor himself and i can't stop laughing

I'm still not entirely sure what you're getting at

basically i dont like these lyrics at all, :( i wished totally different ones :(

but all i can think of now is matt singing "your butt belongs to me now" to censor himself and i can't stop laughing

noooo this is not what I meant, but meanwhile it's good to have a laugh :)

IUHIOjT.gif

IUHIOjT.gif

how nice...!

i know you are another arrogant (unfortunately it's full this world), but i appreciated your picture, really.

thank you :)

.....Free me, free me, free me from this world, I don't belong here, it was a mistake imprisoning my soul....can you free me, free me from this world....

how nice...!

i know you are another arrogant (unfortunately it's full this world), but i appreciated your picture, really.

thank you :)

.....Free me, free me, free me from this world, I don't belong here, it was a mistake imprisoning my soul....can you free me, free me from this world....

Mind explaining why you're calling me arrogant here, buddy?

Mind explaining why you're calling me arrogant here, buddy?

Tbh I don't think he knows what' he's saying half of the time.

I want to attribute it to the language barrier, but I honestly think they do mean what they're saying and express it fairly well in English. However, it seems they have a harder time understanding what we're saying?

Anyways, it's really rubbing me the wrong way that their point is swearing makes you somehow a "bad" or at least juvenile person... while consistently calling other people arrogant.

I think being condescending is worse than using curse words or vulgarity, any day.

I want to attribute it to the language barrier, but I honestly think they do mean what they're saying and express it fairly well in English. However, it seems they have a harder time understanding what we're saying?

Anyways, it's really rubbing me the wrong way that their point is swearing makes you somehow a "bad" or at least juvenile person... while consistently calling other people arrogant.

I think being condescending is worse than using curse words or vulgarity, any day.

:yesey:

I don't even get how what I said could be taken as arrogant, all I was saying is Explorers is more cringey than Psycho.

I think you might be right that he/she isn't understanding what we're saying very well

Long story short: everyone on .mu is inarticulate and illiterate. We magically become philosophers and analysts when news and music is released. Whatever endorphins in our brains Muse news and new music unlock brings us decency, being deprived of which leads us to ferocity.

tl;dr psychos etc crying #sadness #muse #nr1 fan

lol they crashed one of the horses used for satanic rituals into my mum's car

some dead animals outside the house after telling someone I was being stalked by some Satanist.

Oh Alyn Smith.. Why is this all legal?

(Sorry I'm too dumb to find a more appropriate outlet for this)

lol they crashed one of the horses used for satanic rituals into my mum's car

some dead animals outside the house after telling someone I was being stalked by some Satanist.

Oh Alyn Smith.. Why is this all legal?

:eek:

What the fuck is happening in this thread.

There's so little content that it actually has a negative value.