Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Is it at all necessary to criticize my posts when it's totally uncalled for? For fucks sake

I just still find it hilarious how aggressive and condescending you were with the second Dead Inside video thing. Tell me again how Muse have never released lyric videos and real videos for songs.

Neither had the drill sergeant intro and both had the guitar tuning up to drop D feedback.

Mine stara instantly with the riff.

I just still find it hilarious how aggressive and condescending you were with the second Dead Inside video thing. Tell me again how Muse have never released lyric videos and real videos for songs.

Mine stara instantly with the riff.

Psycho. And can you drop it already? Shit is old news. I was trying to make myself heard because my take on it was laughed off and dismissed multiple times and when I tried to substantiate it I get called a condescending prick etc. People don't know how to handle someone else's self-expression without ad hominem, especially when they're in the minority they have to be vocal to be heard

Psycho. And can you drop it already? Shit is old news. I was trying to make myself heard because my take on it was laughed off and dismissed multiple times and when I tried to substantiate it I get called a condescending prick etc. People don't know how to handle someone else's self-expression without ad hominem, especially when they're in the minority they have to be vocal to be heard

You do realise that it was everyone against you? And in case you haven't realised, the content of your argument is pretty much always disputed, and any minor personal attacks you cry over are extremely minor in the case against your thoughts. You were literally proven wrong, with proof. Now stop trying to act as if saying something in Latin somehow makes you less wrong.

You do realise that it was everyone against you? And in case you haven't realised, the content of your argument is pretty much always disputed, and any minor personal attacks you cry over are extremely minor in the case against your thoughts. You were literally proven wrong, with proof. Now stop trying to act as if saying something in Latin somehow makes you less wrong.

It's only disputed by the same 2 people, occasionally 3. You make it sound like I'm salty about being wrong, which I'm not, so I don't see what you're trying to get at. I said multiple times I'd love to be wrong so we could get something more et voilà, so it happened. I was defending my opinion and that's all there is to that. Anyways thanks for derailing this thread, you still never addressed why you called out my posts for getting "worse" when my speculation about Psycho's new running time was as innocuous and as on topic as ever.

Except they just did. It's 12 seconds shorter now, and the strum was in both versions of Psycho so i don't know what you're saying in the first bit

Strum starts during Drill Sergeant in the lyrics video, which means that's how it will be on the album.

The old version of Psycho that was on iTunes included the strum without Drill Sergeant.

Which means that on the album, the strum will be heard on Drill Sergeant instead of on the beginning of Psycho, which will just immediately start with the riff thus making it shorter on iTunes.

I really don't know how I can make this explanation any more simple. :/

Strum starts during Drill Sergeant in the lyrics video, which means that's how it will be on the album.

The old version of Psycho that was on iTunes included the strum without Drill Sergeant.

Which means that on the album, the strum will be heard on Drill Sergeant instead of on the beginning of Psycho, which will just immediately start with the riff thus making it shorter on iTunes.

I really don't know how I can make this explanation any more simple. :/

Sorry, I see. It seemed more like you were asking a question or saying the strum from the 5:28 version wasn't there. I don't mind the change, I actually thought it was weird too that they left in the feedback for the edited version before this one.

It's only disputed by the same 2 people, occasionally 3. You make it sound like I'm salty about being wrong, which I'm not, so I don't see what you're trying to get at. I said multiple times I'd love to be wrong so we could get something more et voilà, so it happened. I was defending my opinion and that's all there is to that. Anyways thanks for derailing this thread, you still never addressed why you called out my posts for getting "worse" when my speculation about Psycho's new running time was as innocuous and as on topic as ever.

It was disputed by especto, heyjackk, serpentsatellite and con101, hardly the usual suspects.

It was because of how non-logical it was, simple.

Why do we have to take it seriously anyway? It does get boring because it's long but I every time I listen to it, it makes me smile.

I guess I find that sort of a silly question...

Considering Matt's Tweets regarding the subject matter of the single (articles on brainwashing, psychopaths and serious political issues) and retrospectively even the way he talks about the "dark" themes of the album... I think it's completely reasonable to have suspected Psycho would be a serious song.

Like I said, Matt really seems to take the subject seriously, and refers to the "dark forces" in this song and others as his 'fears and paranoias."

At some point it started sounding less comical to me, but it's still leagues away from what I would call a serious song.

I did start to associate the ott nature of the song with the insane attitude of the character who's POV the song is from, but that's more than likely just my trying to rationalize it so I enjoy it more.

psycho was probably meant to be serious but turned out, well.. laughable. The best we can do is try to convince ourselves that it was meant to be satirical, but.. we all know it wasn't :LOL:

Matt has the same problem I do, being so eccentric and full of shit that you don't know when to take yourself seriously.

psycho was probably meant to be serious but turned out, well.. laughable. The best we can do is try to convince ourselves that it was meant to be satirical, but.. we all know it wasn't :LOL:

I refuse to believe a song with the line "Your ass belongs to me now" was meant to be serious. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though...

I refuse to believe a song with the line "Your ass belongs to me now" was meant to be serious. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though...

That line is phrased in that way because it is sung from the point of view of the military sergeant.

That line is phrased in that way because it is sung from the point of view of the military sergeant.

I realise that, it's just the way he sings it too. Maybe the big ASS that comes up on the lyrics video doesn't help! I don't know, I just can't take it seriously whenever I hear it

I realise that, it's just the way he sings it too. Maybe the big ASS that comes up on the lyrics video doesn't help! I don't know, I just can't take it seriously whenever I hear it

It does sound comical even if the lyrics are a narrative, there's no doubting that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but did anyone notice the Spotify release of this song has been altered? In the original version, the intro featured the guitar tuning up before the riff kicked in, but now it just goes straight into the riff. I don't see why this was necessary, and I kinda digged the original intro. It's just too dry now.

hi there i'm here just to post this message (hoping that will arrive close to Muse, i'm spreading my codes to the stars...:)).

I've read a lot of messages here and i see that a lot of people like me don't like part of the lyrics of this song... and i wanted to say to the otherones:

ok, i understand the point of view of the sergent, the context, the concept album/song, but.... the context here is another: it's still a song and we just can't hanging around singing "your ass belongs to me now". They could have done much better... as said in the post numeber 354. Maybe letting the sergeant speak at the begin, but then singing "your head belongs to me now", that I find it more powerful, fine, and coherent, given that the song talks about brainwashing. I hope they are thinking about it and in time to change before the release of the album, i really hope so....

ps. the "ass" version could be sung in the live concerts, if they like, but in the album it sounds terrible...

anyway, i like muse, but not this song too much....

Edited by museiki2