Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Ever heard You Fucking Motherfucker?

yes, nice song :) but first is not in an album...and second is far way better than this one.

They simple fell down a bit (to me).

In contrast, to other people they are cooler now.

Different point of views, i respect that.

ciao, visto che non l'hai capito te lo dico in italiano,

dicevo bell'esempio di evoluzione se teniamo in considerazione il grado di volgarità della gente :-) in altre parole: se sono scurrile nel 21esimo secolo, non vuol dire che necessariamente io sia evoluto rispetto a prima, ti pare?

wow I understood this. yay i'm now quadrilingual

neither I, but if there is no "ass", and maybe less swearing, this song would have been the first official single, and on radio/tv could have reached more people.

That's my point.

Then, if I don't like part of the lyrics of this rude song, it's just my "problem" but i can still make fun of it. I cannot hide that I would like to listen to a better version of this. Some people said that you get used to the bad lyrics, but i think i won't. To me sounds always ridiculous

:rolleyes:

At a greater scale I don't know, but I tell you that: Muse changed my life in better, before them i was much ignorant. So I think that yes, it is possible to see some difference. Why not?

The song could easily have been a single with the word ass still used as it's not censored out of a lot of radio stations anymore and there are much worse songs swearing wise that get released as singles every day. The lyrics to the song go well with the intentions of the track and if you were to say "your head belongs to me now" that would just be ridiculous, even for Muse. Psycho is fine as it is, fits the themes of the song, works well with the Drill Sergeant and sounds great in my opinion.

The song could easily have been a single with the word ass still used as it's not censored out of a lot of radio stations anymore and there are much worse songs swearing wise that get released as singles every day

Given that, in my country there a no many swearings in the songs in airplay, so I thought that make a finer version (less ridiculous) of this one could have helped to spread it to the official radio (also in my country).

Sorry to have thought about that....

Than the point is another one, is it offensive calling "fucking psyco" a guy who kill innocent people under command?

I think not, it's just the thruth...

so why stop this in the airplay?

wow I understood this. yay i'm now quadrilingual

sorry, next time i will send a private message if it will be in my language.

I didn't say anything new anyway, i wanted just to explain better in my motherlanguage to someone that asked and can understand me.

Sorry

sorry, next time i will send a private message if it will be in my language.

I didn't say anything new anyway, i wanted just to explain better in my motherlanguage to someone that asked and can understand me.

Sorry

lol I wasn't being sarcastic I was glad I could understand it

The lyrics to the song go well with the intentions of the track and if you were to say "your head belongs to me now" that would just be ridiculous, even for Muse. Psycho is fine as it is, fits the themes of the song, works well with the Drill Sergeant and sounds great in my opinion.

still, putting "your ass belongs to me now" in a (ripetitive) song is not that wise...in my opinion.

But i accept that if there wasn't nothing better to do.

"your head belongs to me now" was just an example I gave, and it sounds to me a little bit more serious than the ridiculous ass in the sung context.

that's it.

Now, i give up, i leave you the last word if you want. I think i have written enough here.

And finally, who cares about this song.

I still love muse,

bye bye

Edited by museiki2

Given that, in my country there a no many swearings in the songs in airplay, so I thought that make a finer version (less ridiculous) of this one could have helped to spread it to the official radio (also in my country).

Than the point is another one, is it offensive calling "fucking psyco" a guy who kill innocent people under command?

still, putting "your ass belongs to me now" in a (ripetitive) song is not that wise...in my opinion.

But i accept that if there wasn't nothing better to do.

"your head belongs to me now" was just an example I gave, and it sounds to me a little bit more serious than the ridiculous ass in the sung context.

that's it.

Now, i give up, i leave you the last word if you want. I think i have written enough here.

And finally, who cares about this song.

I still love muse,

bye bye

I'm not trying to be rude or anything i'm just saying that your head belongs to me now just doesn't really make sense, whereas you ass belongs to me now works because it's a line a stereotypical 80s war movie sergeant would say.

Also are you saying that "fucking psycho" is fine but "your ass belongs to me now" isn't? bc that's a rly warped opinion on offensiveness :LOL:

mmmh

i should say...

in a song, (in a song,)

in a song, (in a song),

i think that "i'm gonna make you a fucking psyco" should not be that offensive,

meanwhile "your ass belongs to me now" repeated several times, i simply think it's ridiculous, even if it's a part of the 80es movies.

I don't know if someone can understand me, I feel so lonely :( :( :( :'(

Edited by museiki2

Well, there's pretty much no (uncensored) swearing on the radio in my country, and Matt himself got chastised for swearing in a UK radio interview recently, so that's somewhat of a moot point.

I don't think it's about what "year" we live in, either; if an adult chooses to use profanity, I feel like we're also adults enough to accept that.

I have no idea why so many people are still offended by harmless cuss words (and often still use truly offensive slang) but I guess they'd be less fun to say if some people didn't get all riled up about it when you do. Hell, sometimes they even help you get your point across better, or shock someone into listening to you.

Anyways, calling military personnel "fucking psychos" IS a bit controversial, despite your seeming to believe it's factual, and also sort of the point, as well.

AND I think you're interpreting "psycho" wrong - it has this kind of connotation of being some crazy evil nutbag, but it's being used as someone who simply doesn't feel "normal" human emotion (which is the clinical definition anyways.)

Although, the song really isn't terribly clear on that, I suppose, but to be fair, Bellamy's been confusing his metaphors a lot lately in interviews, as well.

I'm sure he'd be more tempted to laugh if he was singing "your head belongs to me" ;)

than... Luckily, i am not a singer and i don’t have the responsability to talk and sing to million people... :)

btw, i think the problem of my example is still in the language and i am sorry about that. Maybe “Your mind belongs to me now” could be better?

This is such a strange conversation.

There's much more cringe worthy Muse lines that "your ass belongs to me now"

shhhhhhhhh go to sleep....

I won’t tell you “there are things in the world more offensive than this song”. But maybe you’re right, i focused on a line that is not “so bad”, given the context. Actually if i read at the full text it doesn’t matter to me as well, but i find some difficoulty to listening to it into a song. Maybe because there are big pauses between the lines, and you can miss the subject. So double meaning can achieve your mind and you have just not to think about it ... otherwise you can laugh out loud (at least).

Anyway you look a bit arrogant, don’t you?

Serpent, is it the wrong interpretation?

“i’m gonna make you a fucking psyco” to me is like “i’m gonna make you someone that doesn’t feel emotions”.

So, again, there is a double meaning in this song, and depending on how you get it, it can be offensive or not.

"I don't think it's about what "year" we live in, either; if an adult chooses to use profanity, I feel like we're also adults enough to accept that."

I think that is just a matter of education. You still can live in a dirt place. But you can make this place cleaner if you want.

People that usually stay in dirt places can live also in cleaned places, but the contrary is more difficoult. That’s why we should first “be clean”, in respect to others.

"I have no idea why so many people are still offended by harmless cuss words (and often still use truly offensive slang) but I guess they'd be less fun to say if some people didn't get all riled up about it when you do. "

(I do not know if i got all this sentence) Maybe people are not so offended by cuss words, but i agree with them that sound bad, especially if they are used a lot.

"Hell, sometimes they even help you get your point across better, or shock someone into listening to you."

I agree with you, and this is possible thanks to a usually good speach.

serpent is good to talk to you, thank you

than... Luckily, i am not a singer and i don’t have the responsability to talk and sing to million people... :)

btw, i think the problem of my example is still in the language and i am sorry about that. Maybe “Your mind belongs to me now” could be better?

I won’t tell you “there are things in the world more offensive than this song”. But maybe you’re right, i focused on a line that is not “so bad”, given the context. Actually if i read at the full text it doesn’t matter to me as well, but i find some difficoulty to listening to it into a song. Maybe because there are big pauses between the lines, and you can miss the subject. So double meaning can achieve your mind and you have just not to think about it ... otherwise you can laugh out loud (at least).

Anyway you look a bit arrogant, don’t you?

Serpent, is it the wrong interpretation?

“i’m gonna make you a fucking psyco” to me is like “i’m gonna make you someone that doesn’t feel emotions”.

So, again, there is a double meaning in this song, and depending on how you get it, it can be offensive or not.

"I don't think it's about what "year" we live in, either; if an adult chooses to use profanity, I feel like we're also adults enough to accept that."

I think that is just a matter of education. You still can live in a dirt place. But you can make this place cleaner if you want.

People that usually stay in dirt places can live also in cleaned places, but the contrary is more difficoult. That’s why we should first “be clean”, in respect to others.

"I have no idea why so many people are still offended by harmless cuss words (and often still use truly offensive slang) but I guess they'd be less fun to say if some people didn't get all riled up about it when you do. "

(I do not know if i got all this sentence) Maybe people are not so offended by cuss words, but i agree with them that sound bad, especially if they are used a lot.

"Hell, sometimes they even help you get your point across better, or shock someone into listening to you."

I agree with you, and this is possible thanks to a usually good speach.

serpent is good to talk to you, thank you

I'm still not entirely sure what you're getting at but all i can think of now is matt singing "your butt belongs to me now" to censor himself and i can't stop laughing

I'm still not entirely sure what you're getting at

basically i dont like these lyrics at all, :( i wished totally different ones :(

but all i can think of now is matt singing "your butt belongs to me now" to censor himself and i can't stop laughing

noooo this is not what I meant, but meanwhile it's good to have a laugh :)