Better sets on average, ok. "Massively", maybe not. But then again, I don't think they see it that way. You say "penalize", they probably think "adapt to the local demand". Not saying it isn't detrimental to the hardcore fans, though.

My point was, what is the rationale for the differences in US and Canada? Not Europe.

The Canadian crowds were not more energetic, so that theory they're adapting to that doesn't hold up.

And Nicklord, if you don't think you used offensive language, I dunno what to say.

Anyone know if "Ruled by Secrecy" has been played on this tour? If not, any chance it makes an appearance? I gave my wishlist in the Washington DC thread, but this one just came to mind. It really is an amazing song.

The last tom it's been played up until now was at Glasgow in 2012. An amazing song, although I don't see it coming back atm.

Thanks for the poll Jobby :) even if it did create a load of beef

(Come on B&H)

Anyone know if "Ruled by Secrecy" has been played on this tour? If not, any chance it makes an appearance? I gave my wishlist in the Washington DC thread, but this one just came to mind. It really is an amazing song.

It hasn't been played yet. I'd say there wasn't much chance of it being played, unless there was a serious fan campaign to get it played.

My point was, what is the rationale for the differences in US and Canada? Not Europe.

The Canadian crowds were not more energetic, so that theory they're adapting to that doesn't hold up.

Well to begin with, the Canadian sets are more or less similar to the early US sets. There isn't THAT much of a difference. Then maybe they're taking into account the fact that the US had Webster Hall and the Mayan? And yeah maybe they simply mistakenly thought the majority would tend towards slightly rockier sets.

Edited by Zepp

Well to begin with, the Canadian sets are more or less similar to the early US sets. There isn't THAT much of a difference. Then maybe they're taking into account the fact that the US had Webster Hall and the Mayan? And yeah maybe they simply thought the majority would tend towards slightly rockier sets, and they were wrong.

The fact they weren't that different really illustrates how two songs can drastically improve a set.

But, again I was pondering the immediate return of two songs (CE and Bliss) which had been eliminated (rather deliberately in the case of Bliss) in the sets prior.

And why everything must be recognizable in the US for them to play it vs Canada.

I guess we'll see if the songs stuck around, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

The Psycho tour has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Soooo... am I the only one who had hoped that the band would play the entire Drones album every gig? I mean, they said that this tour would be like Pink Floyd's The Wall Tour, where PF played the entire album every show (they did the same thing with The Dark Side of the Moon in the touring for that album). I thought that would be cool, just playing the entire album and then filling the second half of the show with other songs, like how they did that with Origin of Symmetry at Reading in 2011.

Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. "Defector" has only been played once, and "Aftermath" is joining the ranks of "Cross-Pollination" and "Big Freeze" as songs that have never been and probably will never be played in a live setting.

All I can say now is that I hope I don't regret buying tickets for this show.

Aftermath would be horrible live and still not stuck on Revolt.

Defector is average, I guess it'll pop up soon though.

I don't enjoy playbacks, seen Muse, Chemical Brothers and QOTSA do it and prefered the more conventional gigs

Aftermath would be horrible live and still not stuck on Revolt.

Defector is average, I guess it'll pop up soon though.

I don't enjoy playbacks, seen Muse, Chemical Brothers and QOTSA do it and prefered the more conventional gigs

Why exactly would Aftermath be horrible? Also I'm sure Muse wouldn't do playbacks this tour unless they had to, which is obvious because Matt can't sing in 4 parts at once.

Hello there people. Finally going to post in one of these tour/album discussion threads, after a couple of years of lurking them. :)

Good idea, that poll, Jobby. Tough decision though. Narrowed it down to stuff I haven't seen yet and chose Fury. Absolutely love that song. Only went for one song though, because apparently two still aren't working?

Anyway, Showbiz and Assassin in the lead so far, with Muscle Museum being a close third.

Soooo... am I the only one who had hoped that the band would play the entire Drones album every gig? I mean, they said that this tour would be like Pink Floyd's The Wall Tour, where PF played the entire album every show (they did the same thing with The Dark Side of the Moon in the touring for that album). I thought that would be cool, just playing the entire album and then filling the second half of the show with other songs, like how they did that with Origin of Symmetry at Reading in 2011.

Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. "Defector" has only been played once, and "Aftermath" is joining the ranks of "Cross-Pollination" and "Big Freeze" as songs that have never been and probably will never be played in a live setting.

All I can say now is that I hope I don't regret buying tickets for this show.

I'd kinda had my hopes up for it after all this talk about the big conceptual show, and Matt talking about inserting in other songs to fit the narrative.

As is, there's no real sense of the show having any sort of real theme or concept because even the Drones songs are out of order.

Would have loved to see the gig theme mirror the album.

How about we all stop bickering, and together, once the Finland show is finished, campaign for something new. Muse play four nights in specific cities AROUND THE WORLD, in 1500-3000 capacity venues. They play their entire discography across the 4 nights. They don't have to say which records they're doing which night, so the hardcore fans, who're fine with the entire discography, can go see the shows. Example could be:

Night 1: BH&R/Showbiz

Night 2: Origin/Drones

Night 3: T2L/Non-Album Tracks and Rarities (eg. Dead Star, Eternally Missed, Fury...)

Night 4: Resistance/Absolution

Cities could include (give or take a few):

North America:

Toronto

Montreal

Boston

New York

Chicago

Vancouver

San Francisco

Los Angeles

Phoenix

Denver

Europe:

London

Paris

Dublin

Berlin

Antwerp/Brussels

Amsterdam

Rome/Milan

Madrid/Barcelona

Stockholm

Glasgow

Oceania:

Sydney

Melbourne

Auckland

This would also let the band rediscover their whole catalogue, and, at regular gigs, play what sounds the best.

I'd kinda had my hopes up for it after all this talk about the big conceptual show, and Matt talking about inserting in other songs to fit the narrative.

As is, there's no real sense of the show having any sort of real theme or concept because even the Drones songs are out of order.

Would have loved to see the gig theme mirror the album.

I agree that the concept falls a bit short but framing the main set with two times Drones makes sense to me. But then they should have kept it to Drones songs only in between.

And then rock the crowd with 10-15 encores.

I agree that the concept falls a bit short but framing the main set with two times Drones makes sense to me. But then they should have kept it to Drones songs only in between.

And then rock the crowd with 10-15 encores.

It would have been decently easy to frame the staple songs into the basic "drones" concept, tbh.

I do wish they'd have given that a go for real.