We'll get "more of this" if the ticket sales warrant it, regardless of rave reviews in one newspaper, plain and simple.

I'll go back to listening to the tinny, Spanish language music while I'm on hold, though. :chuckle:

Well the sales were the same in Houston as they've always been, but we will see elsewhere.

How can he be if he said he hadn't watched any live performances? And why say he "skipped" it. It's like saying Mat skips the falsetto "I need to love" in Madness when he does them in chest voice.

Oh, my... I haven't noticed that. My bad.

All in all, though, maybe he just really likes the way he goes into falsetto during that bridge, I don't know... :LOL:

Anyway... It's a shame the guitar malfunctioned as from what I've seen in videos it was one of the best performences of DI outside of TV performances, Matts vocals sounded great and the end was in chest rather than falsetto :D

Didn't even realise there was a gig today. Set predictions?

Space Dementia and the entire last section of Knights of Cydonia without guitar with Matt humming that part instead.

And two drones will colide but they'll be repaired without problems.

The drones probably look better than if they tried to do military style ones, imo. Wonder what was so severe tonight that the gig isn't ready.

Sounds like it wasn't just the drones being offline.

I'm friends with some people who work with the Dallas Stars at the AAC, apparently the stage takes a LONG time to build. We will see what happens.

Muse didn't go on til 10:40. I have a lot of friends going, that sucks...

I'm friends with some people who work with the Dallas Stars at the AAC, apparently the stage takes a LONG time to build. We will see what happens.

Muse didn't go on til 10:40. I have a lot of friends going, that sucks...

My sister who lives in Dallas said several of their production/stage trucks were stuck in a highway 45 closure due to a major car accident early this morning. Not sure what part of Texas they were stuck in. Muse's trucks weren't involved just stuck in traffic.

[spoiler=Carried over from the other thread]***Drones***

Reapers

Supermassive Black Hole

The Handler

Plug In Baby / Interlude + Hysteria / Map Of The Problematique

Dead Inside

Resistance / Animals

Citizen Erased / Butterflies & Hurricanes

Sunburn / Feeling Good / Apocalypse Please / Hoodoo / United States Of Eurasia

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

Munich Jam

Madness / Undisclosed Desires

***[Drill Sergeant]***

Psycho

Mercy

Uprising

***[JFK]***

Defector

Starlight

Bliss / Time Is Running Out

Stockholm Syndrome / Prelude + Survival

Supremacy

Knights Of Cydonia

Yes, some of the rotations suck ass but hey, that's showbiz.

giphy.gif

Realistic as most songs have been played recently (only two I don't think have been in the last year are B&H and Hoodoo.

[spoiler=Worst case scenario (For me anyway)]***Drones***

Reapers

Supermassive Black Hole

The Handler

Interlude + Hysteria

Dead Inside

Resistance

Citizen Erased

Feeling Good

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

Munich Jam

Madness

***[Drill Sergeant]***

Psycho

Mercy

Uprising

***[JFK]***

Defector

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Prelude + Survival

Supremacy

Knights Of Cydonia

Almost the exact same run time as last night but better. Order's probably not perfect either since I split the shit songs to avoid long piss-breaks.

I was at the Dallas gig and here are my thoughts:

1. I am surprised they are having such a hard time with the technology ...as you know Muse did not come on until about 10:45 pm and the opening act was cancelled.

2. There were some fans who stood in line all day for GA seats on the floor who had pizza delivered and served by the MUSE road crew - very classy act on the part of the band.

3. They got out the giant white balloons since the drones were not present (would rather have seen the Drones).

4. (please forgive this comment) It is now obvious that Muse is sometimes using autotune and that some of the music is clearly backed up by recorded tracks that overlays the performance. Don't take me wrong here...they are still great live and are not lip syncing...but I was not the only one to noticed this.

5. Matt did not play the guitar through most of Uprising (Morgan did). I was surprised to see this. I think they want Matt to strut around with a microphone in his hand (more of a "front man look").

6. While I was waiting in the GA line...there were some hard core fans saying that Citizen Erased was requested by those waiting in line (one even said that the fearless leader of the road crew texted Matt to request the song...turns out it was played.

7. This show was awesome...I even got a double high five from 2 of the 3 band members as they exited the arena...but you can now tell that Muse does a whole lot of performances...and I wonder how Matt's voice is holding up.

8. Feeling Good was played; this is a cover. I would rather hear original Muse songs.

9. Over all a great show...

Edited by wildwilly

4. (please forgive this comment) It is now obvious that Muse is sometimes using autotune and that some of the music is clearly backed up by recorded tracks that overlays the performance. Don't take me wrong here...they are still great live and are not lip syncing...but I was not the only one to noticed this.

Autotune doesn't work live and they've always used backing tracks for parts that cannot be played live so I don't really undestand what you're talking about.

I'm still trying to piece together why Dallas got a different gig with no drones that started nearly 4 hours late. What was going on?

Meanwhile, is it true there's people saying "No flash photos" before the gig?

Evidently it's taking a very long time to set the stage up, and the Muse trucks were held up in accident traffic en route from Houston. This doesn't really bode well for any shows on the back end of consecutive nights, particularly San Diego after Oakland.

Auto tune might not work live, but a pitch shifter definitely would.

Every band on the planet has to use some form of voice modulation technology during performances (it just has to be done in this day and age). Also, every single live rock band uses back up tracks ...some just use more than others.

My point is I think Muse is using more of this kind of stuff given that they are now road warriors and touring like crazy. I am not trying to offend any of my Muse brothers here.

Evidently it's taking a very long time to set the stage up, and the Muse trucks were held up in accident traffic en route from Houston. This doesn't really bode well for any shows on the back end of consecutive nights, particularly San Diego after Oakland.

A bit worrisome about the back to back gigs they're doing in the Northeast in the middle of winter, isn't it?

Something else must have gone wrong, though, because even with an accident, the drive from Dallas to Houston is pretty short, no?

They did say "logistical issues in Houston" too, iirc.

Again though, they must have practiced assembling the stage...? How could they not know they wouldn't have time to put it all together?? :noey:

In other news, I honestly do not miss all the vocal distortion from the Abso days.