I'm not happy the other two gigs were a bit of a mess, either, but it's probably better than just losing the money.

The sound problems are an issue, still.

I know two people who left the Dallas gig before and right after it started, and find myself wondering if Muse Inc couldn't have found some way to offer a refund option there, too.

I'm not happy the other two gigs were a bit of a mess, either, but it's probably better than just losing the money.

The sound problems are an issue, still.

I know two people who left the Dallas gig before and right after it started, and find myself wondering if Muse Inc couldn't have found some way to offer a refund option there, too.

You are indeed correct...there certainly were a noticeable number of people exiting the show well before it was over...a RARITY for a Muse concert. Again...better to postpone and provide the grand experience...than to have the same crap happen that went down in Houston and Dallas.

In the world of corporate America...this kind of crap results in changes being made.

Rescheduling is worse, for a lot of people. Even if the number of people who fly out is small, it's devistating to lose that sort of money for most people. And even locals might have used a vacation day up or lost a day of work, paid a baby sitter, etc.

it's such a busy time of year.

The only good answer would have been anticipating this.

I mean, fans were worried about this... It seems like a really big misstep on someone's part, and it just makes me sad.

I really do feel they could have set something up for refunds at Dallas, too. They scan tickets, and can even remotely deactivate them, they should be able to tell if they were used or not?

This ginormous setup of theirs just doesn't seem conducive to back to back gigs. There's just not enough time for setup and breakdown. And someone made some poor planning decisions and didn't account for any margin of error.

I'm still pissed off they're having some stupid micro tour and ignoring huge parts of the country, apparently for the sake of a huge production.

^ as expected.

now, almost all back-to-backs have been eliminated. figured that was the only way out of the mess the crew was/is facing.

also, again: it's not really the scoreboard-moving that's the issue; it's the labor-intensive load-in / suspended rigging that's the problem. 15 hours.

to that end, if you're planning on going to portland, detroit, or D.C.: keep your eyes peeled. if they don't reschedule those gigs, they will be rolling the dice...and staring another dallas-like delay in the face.

D.C.--that's me! Suddenly I'm scared! :(

Muse, I want to like you, I really do, and I even defended your newest album when not many would, but you're making it awful hard for me.

Or they can just accept that they're being over ambitious and that they can provide a great show without that stuff.

Well they could, not so sure anymore. (For me at least)

This is saddening. :( In Muse's attempts to emulate The Wall Tour, they forgot that The Wall Tour didn't make back its budget and led to Pink Floyd splitting up.

I knew this entire over-the-top set up was a bad idea, now the issues are really starting to pile up, and it looks like it's costing the fans too. I really hope this is an eye-opener for Muse, and that it convinces them to really scale down in the future (yes, I know there's a lot more people involved, so it isn't entirely their fault.)

I knew this entire over-the-top set up was a bad idea, now the issues are really starting to pile up, and it looks like it's costing the fans too. I really hope this is an eye-opener for Muse, and that it convinces them to really scale down in the future (yes, I know there's a lot more people involved, so it isn't entirely their fault.)

There is no issue, they just can't play back to back shows.

The consecutive gigs on the European tour are;

Cologne - Amersterdam

Birmingham - London

Dublin - Belfast

Berlin - Prague

Stockholm - Oslo

Wonder how many of those will be rescheduled? I doubt Belfast will be since it's only a 90 minute drive from Dublin.

Cologne -> Amsterdam

Berlin -> Prague

Stockholm -> Oslo

This will be interesting :LOL:

Cologne - Amersterdam

Birmingham - London

Dublin - Belfast

Berlin - Prague

Stockholm - Oslo

Wonder how many of those will be rescheduled? I doubt Belfast will be since it's only a 90 minute drive from Dublin.

Been mentioned. :)

Birmingham to London is about a 3-ish hour drive which isn't too bad (plus it's the UK tour, be serious). Cologne-Amsterdam is around the same.

Berlin - Prague (just under four hours) and Stockholm - Oslo (5 and a half hours) are the two prime sets of shows to see changes.

That ending is pretty much flawless.

Matt looks bored during the start of the guitar part to me, maybe that is why he stopped playing it after all. Or maybe he's just a bit sulky 'cause he can't do his little barrier stroll.

...or maybe it's nothing, idk :rolleyes: Decent vocals anyway, as has been said.

If only he played the guitar parts in the verses that would be pretty sweet overall. I like the visuals too.

I don't know why they don't just use playback for that part if Matt's not gonna play it, sounds a bit awkward/empty without it for me. Still a decent live song though, when I saw it at least.

Edited by Jobby

Matt looks bored during the start of the guitar part to me, maybe that is why he stopped playing it after all. Or maybe he's just a bit sulky 'cause he can't do his little barrier stroll.

...or maybe it's nothing, idk :rolleyes: Decent vocals anyway, as has been said.

I don't know why they don't just use playback for that part if Matt's not gonna play it, sounds a bit awkward/empty without it for me. Still a decent live song though, when I saw it at least.

You wanna start the playback thing all over again lol?

Houston had some technical issues too, and there was no show prior to that, so it does appear that this huge production has issues so far.

It'll be better in Europe, aside from the presumably better and longer setlists, they are going to play four and five nights in some cities, so both the band and the production crew can be more relaxed.

Cologne - Amersterdam

Birmingham - London

Dublin - Belfast

Berlin - Prague

Stockholm - Oslo

Been mentioned. :)

Birmingham to London is about a 3-ish hour drive which isn't too bad (plus it's the UK tour, be serious). Cologne-Amsterdam is around the same.

Berlin - Prague (just under four hours) and Stockholm - Oslo (5 and a half hours) are the two prime sets of shows to see changes.

I think its fairly obvious Oslo is going to have to be moved.

Surprised they still seem to have Chicago->Detroit back-to-back, given the longer trek and the greater prospensity for snow in that area of the world. Had also thought one of Portland or Seattle might get a Jan relocation too. Then again, perhaps not.

There is no issue, they just can't play back to back shows.

I wasn't just talking about the back-to-back shows, I was also talking about this:

Houston had some technical issues too, and there was no show prior to that, so it does appear that this huge production has issues so far.

If it weren't such a "bombastic" tour, then there wouldn't be these issues (or they'd be less likely.) Long story short, this is a good example of why Muse should strip-back, and not add unnecessary over-the-top production elements.

What are the chances of Belfast and Prague also being moved? I live in England and those are the 2 shows I am going to, I was going to book my flights and hotel this weekend but I now have my doubts about doing so!

Also I've checked some videos on youtube of the drones world tour and is anyone else slightly underwhelmed? I've seen muse 6 times already and the videos on youtube have not excited me at all. Maybe it's just the American shows and they are just getting into the swing of things, but imo there are just too many dates on this world tour I just hope they don't suffer burn out which will create some lacklustre shows.