Having 2 or 3 stages & double the crew like U2 can only help so much in a back-to-back situation.

If there is an event at any venue the night before, Muse crew will have to wait till that other event is done & loaded out to start their 15-hour setup. That is the bigger problem.

What bullshit. I just cannot believe they didn't know this would be an issue.

I feel really pissy about that "we're sure it'll be worth it once you see the tour!" bit in the announcement, too.

I'm sure the people who bought non-refundable airline tickets and hotel reservations, used their paid vacation to take time off of work, will really be thrilled.

And since they were doing such a micro-tour of the US in the first place, a lot of people were in that boat this time. :(

I wish they would address Detroit/Chicago and Philly/DC right now, as either "going on as scheduled" or no, for those needing to make reservations soon.

Thanks for doing that; maybe they need a reminder that people are already screwed because this is outside the time frame a lot of places let you reschedule flights and stuff (if they let you at all, that is.)

Most won't let you change after 24-48 hours before the flight.

It would be a pretty big kick to the nads if they waited until a day before and cancelled those other two gigs, when they knew all along.

And honestly, they probably spent the last few days desperately scrambling to reschedule these two before announcing.

Would assume they'll announce the other two when they're booked, but they really should just let us know and say tba on the reschedule.

If we were assuming the piecemeal announcements were because it takes so long to book, that really doesn't seem to be the case now.

Oakland - San Diego is at least 9 hours (and that's not at a truck's speed). So I don't know how that was ever physically possible without freight helicopters.

yeah, i was just alluding to the fact most of the originally-scheduled back-to-backs were about 3 to 4 hrs apart.

no way on god's green earth could they even dream of doing oakland & SD on successive evenings.

I feel really pissy about that "we're sure it'll be worth it once you see the tour!" bit in the announcement, too.

I'm sure the people who bought non-refundable airline tickets and hotel reservations, used their paid vacation to take time off of work, will really be thrilled.

And since they were doing such a micro-tour of the US in the first place, a lot of people were in that boat this time. :(

I wish they would address Detroit/Chicago and Philly/DC right now, as either "going on as scheduled" or no, for those needing to make reservations soon.

And honestly, they probably spent the last few days desperately scrambling to reschedule these two before announcing.

Would assume they'll announce the other two when they're booked, but they really should just let us know and say tba on the reschedule.

If we were assuming the piecemeal announcements were because it takes so long to book, that really doesn't seem to be the case now.

it appears that no acts on nights prior to portland, detroit, or D.C. will pose a problem with load in. but even as is, the schedule of getting everything up in time teeters on impossible, as i've noted previously. if they don't reschedule those three shows, it will be, at a minimum: no sleep for the crew...and any delay of any kind, whether on load out or during the trip from one city to the next, will almost assuredly result in either a delayed start...or missing production elements...or both.

tbh, if they decide to press on for those three shows with the current dates, it's a roll of the dice. a shitty catch-22: reschedule the show entirely...or force the crew into chugging some caffeine pills...and pray, haha.

in the end, it all boils down primarily to the fact that everyone simply goofed on nailing down the exact (or a damn good ballpark figure) amount of time it takes to suspend all that rigging and poop in the air.

I am scared. I drove from Oklahoma City to Dallas and didn't get back home until 4:30 am. The show seemed rushed. No encore, they just played straight through. No drones either. Next week I am flying to Portland to see my 13th show. The distance from Seattle to PDX is about the same as Houston to Dallas. If they reschedule I am screwed. Non-refundable air fare, for starters.

"The notes being played" seem rather important in a song...

The videos of Revolt make it seem less lively, and honestly not as much fun. I don't feel that from the other stuff they've stepped down.

Not really.. Songs have to be transposed for singers all the time. In my experience of playing with various singers i've seen singers transpose songs up or down as far as a step and a half and the 'height' of the notes is literally the only difference in sound. Revolt is a hard song to sing with not much breathing room so Matt concentrating on hitting the right notes + him and Chris standing facing away from the crowd probably have a lot more to do with that than the key change

The five people who reserved hotels will be super pissed.

Sorry I have empathy for people who are out tons of money, even if they aren't the majority.

I feel very bad for everyone who lost hundreds or thousands of dollars in flights, some of whom have already flown in, and many for who this was too short notice to cancel.

Sure, shit does happen, but this really feels like shit that could have been avoided.

For those of you who are upset about the postponed shows in Vegas and San Diego...I attended the Dallas show and there were still major technical issues...no drones present, Matt's vocals were sometimes distorted due to electronic acoustic balancing being way off...

Don't take me wrong here...Dallas was a good show; but, based on other Muse gigs I have attended...this one was by far the worst in terms of the crisp, clear sound quality you come to expect of a live Muse performance.