A bit worrisome about the back to back gigs they're doing in the Northeast in the middle of winter, isn't it?

Something else must have gone wrong, though, because even with an accident, the drive from Dallas to Houston is pretty short, no?

They did say "logistical issues in Houston" too, iirc.

Again though, they must have practiced assembling the stage...? How could they not know they wouldn't have time to put it all together?? :noey:

In other news, I honestly do not miss all the vocal distortion from the Abso days.

Google says 3½ hours. I seem to remember it took us around 4-5 but that was a long time ago and I was extremely hungover on that trip. Chicago to Detroit is about the same distance, so I'm kind of concerned now. I don't really give a fuck about X Ambassadors, but work at 6AM the next morning will be brutal if the show goes 1-2 hours late. My fault for not taking time off, I guess. And yeah, they should have had this all sorted out before the tour.

Vegas Song Request... Plzzzzz!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know if the band or their "Handlers" see these(?), but plz, plz, plz add Citizen Erased and New Born to the Vegas show. Perfect set list below (not in any particular order). Obviously have to promote/play new album to keep record co/execs happy, but we/fans love the earlier, raw-ier, edge-ier stuff. Dead Inside & Mercy not bad songs, just not great show material.

C.E.

N.B.

Apoclypse Please

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Unintended

Psycho

Reapers

Handler

Sing For Absolution

Assassin

U.S. Of Eurasia

Time Is Running Out

Black Out

Space Dementia

Ruled By Secrecy

Survival

Supremacy

Map Of The Problematique'

Knights Of Cydonia

Uprising

Google says 3½ hours. I seem to remember it took us around 4-5 but that was a long time ago and I was extremely hungover on that trip. Chicago to Detroit is about the same distance, so I'm kind of concerned now. I don't really give a fuck about X Ambassadors, but work at 6AM the next morning will be brutal if the show goes 1-2 hours late. My fault for not taking time off, I guess. And yeah, they should have had this all sorted out before the tour.

It's about four hours if you avoid traffic. I-45 North is backed up even at 3 am.

Surely it was more noticeable on the Absolution Tour when a lot of pitch-shifting and distortion was placed on Matt's vocal mics, particularly on performances of Stockholm Syndrome.

The Helsinki 2003 bootleg. Awesome set, but that vocal distortion wrecks it. Sounds cool on the Space Dementia chorus though. Same with Montreux 2002. Glad the effects are a lot more subtle nowadays.

Obviously have to promote/play new album to keep record co/execs happy,

I am not sure if you get a free copy of drones for each ticket for each show on this tour but I did so from that point I guess additional record sales will not be the reason to play more of drones.

I haven't seen many Muse gigs, and nothing before '10, so there's A LOT of my favorite songs I wish I could hear someday, but won't, and I still would be a bit down if they didn't play as many songs from this album on the tour, tbh.

Would be particularly heartbroken if they dropped The Globalist.

They're going to be driving in a lot of places with a ton of traffic (I remember getting into Chicago being one of the worst driving experience of my entire life, for example) and a lot of places that will potentially have bad weather.

After an epically shit day at work on Monday, I was extremely close to saying "fuck it" and flying out to Dallas. Pretty damn glad I didn't. A lot of this might be a deal breaker on my going to PA next year.

I know nearly none of the crowd would really have known better, but I feel like I'd have been a bit let down knowing bits of the show weren't working.

I was reading people got sick of waiting or couldn't wait, and just left. Kinda sad there wouldn't be some sort of refund for that kind of situation.

I would have missed my flight home, had I gone and stuck around for the gig.

Yeah - January weather can be bad and Chicago traffic is definitely a bitch but they'd presumably be making the trek overnight when there's far less traffic to contend with. This has been a very mild season so far as well (only one freak storm that gave us about 8 inches of snow, but it's been in the 40s since and is all melted now), so I'm hoping that lasts another month or so.

But Oakland to San Diego is no less than 8 hours overnight. They're going to have to immediately do something about the time required to set up all the production.

too many people to effectively multi-quote.

there were multiple issues that led to the delay last evening.

first, the 1D-centric christmas mishmash thingy w/ demi lovato and other cringe-worthy, supporting, snooze-inducers (collectively [and stupidly] called "Jingle Ball") took forever and a day to load out of the arena in dallas.

second, i know for a fact that I-45 was shut down in the middle of the night at the I-20 interchange due to bridge construction work, because the diversion added an extra hour to my travel time to dallas.

third, an accident occurred somewhere along the way behind me on I-45, causing another backup.

fourth (the big problem): muse's stage, though not necessarily all that "gigantic", contains an incredible amount of labor-intensive, suspended rigging / elements. from what i understand, load-in could be accomplished in as little as perhaps 12 hours -- and that's only in a perfect world. i hear the more realistic figure trends more toward 15 hours. the crew got to the arena in dallas at 8 a.m.. doing the rudimentary math leads to...well, clearly not a "doors open at 6:30" scenario.

given all of the above, looking forward: it's clearly "fingers crossed" for all involved when it comes to the 2nd night of a back-to-back scenario, where the 2nd gig is in a different city from the 1st -- no matter how close the cities are to each other. in such situations, it seems as if there is little margin for error and/or unforeseen/unanticipated delays of any length of time.

more info/insight on the delay forthcoming later today or tomorrow when i have more time...

15 hours seems excessive as all get out, but Muse always find a way to get more bombastic every time.

Someone else said something about One Direction taking too long to clear out of the Dallas venue from the show they did the night before, so perhaps that's more of the issue.

*edit - haha, above*

Some pictures of the 'MUSEum' if anyone's interested/hasn't seen:

tumblr_nypg7wJTcY1ssdqqno1_250.jpgtumblr_nypg7wJTcY1ssdqqno2_250.jpgtumblr_nypg7wJTcY1ssdqqno3_250.jpg

tumblr_nypg7wJTcY1ssdqqno5_400.jpg

tumblr_nypg7wJTcY1ssdqqno6_250.jpgtumblr_nypg7wJTcY1ssdqqno7_250.jpgtumblr_nypg7wJTcY1ssdqqno8_250.jpg

Slightly more in-depth than I expected, but I was expecting very little tbf. Surprised to see the pedals and a couple of pre-Manson Showbiz-era guitars in there. I find all the clothes/outfits a bit weird for some reason though.

Could you give an example to where it was used?

Sent fra min HTC One via Tapatalk

Bootlegs from Montreux 2002 and Helsinki 2003 feature it quite prominently. Also official DVD release from Glasto 2004 feature it, mot notably Hysteria. Starlight from HAARP, a vocal effect can be heard during the last chorus. They have dialled it down a lot more recently though, Reapers is about the only song you can hear it on ( the choruses)