Butterflies has 'come back' on every tour since Absolution so I expect it to appear on the Drones tour at some stage.

probably be the only rarity played in Sydney for the 3rd tour running

although i wouldn't mind this to be honest it was a monster live

this is really bad

The thing is that Muse have removed pretty much every older song that Matt would struggle with. No Supremacy (except for a few iffy performances), no Survival, no Follow Me, no Panic Station, no Stockholm Syndrome.

What's kept from T2L is Madness with both A4s at the end in falsetto and Animals...well and an instrumental.

Muscle Museum is brought back in a lower key, Dead Inside is getting worse and worse for every performance, Mercy sounds very strained compared to for example Follow Me from last tour which was probably about as hard, if not harder.

Not to mention his falsetto. The Eb5 (second "I'm gonna win") in Survival was so much better than the D5s (which are lower) in Psycho and The Handler. Let's not even talk about the E5 at the end of The Handler. The way he manages that compared to similar notes previous years is really worrying imo.

Matt hasn't lost his voice, but it sure as hell is worse. Oh and last tour he sang Bb4s live in Survival, Feeling Good, Freedom and once or twice Follow Me. This time he hasn't done it once to my knowledge. He even falsettos the one in Feeling Good which he did even back during the TR tour where he avoided anything above G4 as often as he could.

Note that he did the A4 in chest voice beck in the early Psycho tour and the LA Mayan gig, although he was pretty much out of breathe when he was doing it.

Btw next year will be the 10th anniversary of BHAR.

Do you think they will do anything about that? Unlike Absolution, they actually did play the album in full in 2006.

Been talked about a wee bit here and there already. I imagine a couple of interviewers might ask them about it next year, if not then I I've said I might try and meet them again just so I can mention it (or people could just Tweet them about it more).

They didn't do anything for Absolution because they were slap bang in the middle of touring for T2L and they didn't want to get themselves in a rut of people expecting them to do it for every album. Unfortunately, that first reason could prevent this one too, unless they're free towards the end of 2016 or if they just do it at a festival like last time.

I can't give enough hype to how much I'd die for a L/R 2011 type gig for BH&R (preferably inside and not at a festival though), with a unique stage + visuals. Like, hnnngh. Not to get gushy but it'd honestly be a dream come true.

Probably a mix of his range naturally changing as he ages and lacking some of the stamina to keep his voice strong throughout the intensity of a gig, making some of those higher notes a bit tougher to reach.

I'm just saying it seems like a rather rapid decline for a year or two, considering he was coming out of his best vocal period ever.

I always forget that if Exo-Politics was a human, Clunge would probably be incarcerated for brutally bludgeoning them. :LOL:

Nottingham 2006 seemed like a last minute decision since Exo-Politics was horrible and Matt forgot the whole of the 2nd verse.

Gotta say i prefer the way he sings it live at 2:45-3:00 now (with both lines doing decending falsetto) to the recorded version. He should've done that to start with but with a harmony with chris, would've been ace :happy:

Really? I feel like it totally breaks the intensity of that part. A shame Matt has been struggling. I don't know much about vocals but a rapid decline like that seems scary. I hope it's temporary. I'm sure no ones as pissed with it as Matt, as it must suck immensely.

Really? I feel like it totally breaks the intensity of that part. A shame Matt has been struggling. I don't know much about vocals but a rapid decline like that seems scary. I hope it's temporary. I'm sure no ones as pissed with it as Matt, as it must suck immensely.

I was kinda leaning more towards doubled up with chris than just on its own (like the second "i need to love" in madness in falsetto with chris) but i'd much rarther that than trying to hit the chest note live & falling a tad flat.

yeah well that's bound to happen when they don't take any kind of break between tours.. don't get me wrong I'm excited to go see them and I am glad they will be touring the US but the poor guys never stop.

Also I agree with you I like the recorded version better it does seem to take away from the intensity of the song

yeah well that's bound to happen when they don't take any kind of break between tours.. don't get me wrong I'm excited to go see them and I am glad they will be touring the US but the poor guys never stop.

They've had quite a few breaks this year actually, the touring really hasn't been that intense.