I'm wondering if that laryngitis he had last year is the culprit. He still did shows with it, maybe he pushed too hard and did a little damage?

I don't think so really, maybe it did have a small effect on his voice overall but I think it's more lack of preparation/lack of warm up. He seems a little fitter now than he did before but it's for nothing if he's not warming up properly

I'm wondering if that laryngitis he had last year is the culprit. He still did shows with it, maybe he pushed too hard and did a little damage?

I don't really know much about singing or laryngitis but, from what I do know, I guess there's a chance it had an effect on his falsetto and might be why it's sounding more hoarse than it has in the past. It's hard to say to say for sure.

His issues this year have mostly seemed to be due to a lack of breath and fitness though.

This kind of discussion is so boring, and based on next to zero evidence.

I actually don't see what is wrong with me pointing out something I've noticed about a member of the band's performance. That's what everyone does, and my "evidence" is comparing all of these performances with past tours. So, if say the whole band suddenly start looking extremely bored, we should just not discuss that? Why does it matter? If you don't care about discussing it, then don't.

If by "fangirl" you're talking about the sort of person who says they would enjoy watching Muse bang pots and pans together for a gig (and that's nearly a direct quote of someone) then yes... I feel like that just has no place anywhere. It's a worse attitude than those who are critical, imo. And it's the ugly cousin of those people who have hated Muse for 10 years who go into all the song threads and continually say "this fucking sucks" or "this album should fall off the face of the earth" or "your opinion is invalid if you like X song."

And thinking that someone completely hates Muse now because they're critical of an aspect is simply unfair and unwarrented.

My opinions on music...

I'm more defensive of people being outright negative and insulting (not critical; it's different) of the albums and songs, even if I don't like them myself.

There's a right and a wrong way to discuss not liking something like that. Or at least a respectful way.

I view the albums (vs the gigs) as the artistic output of the band, and something that often emotionally or intellectually, or at least sonically, impacts other people, and for which they develop attachments, as well.

While it's still a "product" it can also be seen as art, and not everyone is going to like it, and for some it will become bigger than "just an album/song." I respect bands who put out material they enjoy that they know people or fans might not like, instead of throwing out fanservice over and over. Not that I also don't enjoy some fan service...

But, it's not always about US. And that's just fine.

Concerts I feel the opposite about. They should be more about giving the fans, hardcore or "casual," a good time.

They're often expensive, especially for a one and done event, and bring a sense of interaction to the material.

Muse in particular makes a lot of money off these things, and we have a right to be critical if what we're getting is lazy, greedy, etc.

15 songs is just not acceptable for the money, especially for things like Brazil, where the tickets cost an average month's wages!

I also personally feel, other than the stage show being a case of more flash than substance, that the center stage gigs (and not just with Muse) are a cash grab. It allows them to charge full price for all the seats, instead of having that one wedge of obstructed that was cheaper or not sold. But it relegates all the viewers into obstructed for a period of time (or for the entire time, if you're unlucky; I've seen center stages where the band and set up didn't move.)

If there truly is some other reason for doing it this way (I've heard it was the only way to accommodate the flying objects, somehow) then I think consideration should be put into the impact this is going to have on the fans over "cool" visuals.

Look at the U2 one, the design of those visuals they knew not everyone was going to be able to see.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Slightly different set tonight (same songs in a different order, with worse flow incidentally). Watch your heart-rate, kids:

Psycho

Reapers

PIB

The Handler

Unsustainable

Dead Inside

Supermassive

Resistance

*Jam*

Madness

CE

AP

TIRO

Starlight

Uprising

Stockholm

Mercy

Knights

Well, this leg has been a shambles. Call me negative or a whiner if you want but if you support playing 15/16 songs while charging a month's wage then idk what to say. 360 tour starts in just under 3 weeks, if it's more of what we've seen so far I might start thinking about selling tickets.

Edit: wow, looks like a got a tad presumptuous with the end of that set, fair play (kinda). One extra song, 'grand finale' I guess.

Edited by Jobby

Cool to see Stockholm back, which is really weird because earlier today I remember thinking to myself they should bring that back tonight lol, Setlist.fm says Starlight had a "Prelude intro", curious to see what that was all about lol

According to the Muse News guy at twitter it was a survival intro :)

Anyone got any info on a potential tour to Australia/New Zealand?

They haven't announced any dates for either yet and I'm getting worried they won't come haha

History suggests they will, at the end of the year (2016) I guess.

That was the trollest intro ever... I've a friend that almost die when we hear Prelude (thinking they wanna play Survival)... When Clap Clap Clap appeared everyone almost says "dafuq was that"... XD

Anyway... I couldn't have Muscle here in Colombia but at least SS was amazing to hear...