(also, it's only 5 now, sold my first Manchester ticket to a friend)

I can't imagine attending even 2 gigs tbh, let alone 5, I like only going to one because it feels more special. That many would kill the specialness of the gig for me, but it's different for each person I guess.

I can't imagine attending even 2 gigs tbh, let alone 5, I like only going to one because it feels more special. That many would kill the specialness of the gig for me, but it's different for each person I guess.

the thought of seeing madness, uprising, starlight and DI 5 times in one year is mind bendingly horrible. Think I'd crack fourth time in and end up beating Matt to death with Dom's drumsticks.

I've never done anything like this before so I don't really know what it'll be like for me yet. I'm treating the whole week as a mini-holiday anyway though, so the gigs will just be one factor of it all.

Doing the inevitable 'big double London dates' is always a concept that's seemed special to me for some reason, like a weird sort of pilgrimage (not to be overly-dramatic...). So, I kinda promised myself that I'd do it this tour since I finally have the money and the freedom to do it, plus at the time I had some personal issues going on that I thought booking them might help with. I just wasn't expecting the typical 2 dates to turn into 4/5 :LOL:

If I'm honest, depending on what songs we get, this might end up being a bit of retirement party for me when it comes to Muse gigs, bar the odd special one-off gigs (i.e. another club tour/full album gigs). Obviously, that might change when the next album comes out though :rolleyes:

Edited by Jobby

SS, yes. The other two not so much for me.

I think I would quite enjoy KoC as closer. It's still an epic song, and possibly their most recognizable one here. Certainly one a lot of people are waiting the whole gig for.

I didn't think Survival was that great of a closer. The ending of the song worked well, tbf, but it takes too long to get there, and it still falls over the ott and epic cliff into silliness, imo.

TaB was fabulous, but you could tell a lot of people over here were underwhelmed because they didn't know the song, and didn't realize it was the end of the gig.

I have this obsession right now with if I'd been going to these gigs, I'd have needed to do two, so I could stand on each side on different nights, and maybe feel like I'd gotten one entire gig...

I think I would quite enjoy KoC as closer. It's still an epic song, and possibly their most recognizable one here. Certainly one a lot of people are waiting the whole gig for.

I didn't think Survival was that great of a closer. The ending of the song worked well, tbf, but it takes too long to get there, and it still falls over the ott and epic cliff into silliness, imo.

TaB was fabulous, but you could tell a lot of people over here were underwhelmed because they didn't know the song, and didn't realize it was the end of the gig.

I just think Knights is a better 'hello' than it is a 'goodbye'. Everyone just kinda waits for the riff to kick in and then when it finishes, it's just missing something to give it that final climax.

I reckon Survival would be great if they added the Space Dementia outro onto it, the normal ending cuts off just a bit too suddenly for me. As it is, I still prefer it to Knights though, even if it's not brilliant.

KoC could be a great opener, as well, but I still think you need to close out the gig with something people recognize, as well as something a bit ott. At least if you're Muse.

Got to keep the people in their seats waiting for that one big hit you know is going to pop up.

Between Survival's piano intro, and astonishingly bad visuals, I felt like just heading home early to beat being stuck in the parking ramp for an hour.

Posted on reddit how I understood that Unstainable was Matt's vocal break, but that I thought it was really just a poor choice considering all their catalog. Got a bunch of replies saying "Unsustainable is amazing live" etc.

Am I crazy? Some people out there believe Unsustainable holds up against like...90% of their back catalog? Please tell I'm not crazy. I don't get it :LOL:

They've done Nishe and Forced In in the past, they could do The Gallery! Now that would be a good vocal break, depending on where it was placed on the set.

Posted on reddit how I understood that Unstainable was Matt's vocal break, but that I thought it was really just a poor choice considering all their catalog. Got a bunch of replies saying "Unsustainable is amazing live" etc.

Am I crazy? Some people out there believe Unsustainable holds up against like...90% of their back catalog? Please tell I'm not crazy. I don't get it :LOL:

How about IS or The Gallary?

I only do one leg-by-leg and hope I've lucked out. I think if I was gonna do the big "go to London, see a pair" then I missed my chance at the Emirates in 2013, given night 2 didn't sell out. I remember at 2pm on that afternoon eating lunch in Trafalgar Square thinking "... I don't wanna go home just yet and there's still possible tickets available". But the first night was physically exhausting, as was the idiotic choice to walk 2 miles to Highbury & Islington station rather than a closer stop, and I just couldn't be bothered to sit through a second night of Dizzee Rascal.

Was gonna do it this time around, but saw the £78 ticket price and thought one would be enough. As for Aftermath, I think I've only heard it in full once so I genuinely don't remember what it sounds like.

How about IS or The Gallary?

Yeah I just edited my post considering that possibility, actually. It's kind of a shame. If they do feel like they need an instrumental spot for Matt's voice, they could showcase that weird interesting side they have. I imagine it'd be quite atmospheric live. But no, they go and play an experiment on something that was pretty much a fad. I thought it was alright when I saw it on the Unsustainable Tour, and it fit the theme of the show and the album, but please...let's move on from that.

Edited by s3ker

I've never done anything like this before so I don't really know what it'll be like for me yet. I'm treating the whole week as a mini-holiday anyway though, so the gigs will just be one factor of it all.
Kind of what I'll be doing - going to Paris for 4 days (2 gigs), never been there before. Then Munich (1 gig), haven't been there either. Then Vienna (1), of course, cause I live here. Then Prague (1), cause it's pretty and last time I've been there was 20 years ago.

I haven't had a proper holiday like that in too long.

The Muse gigs are an added bonus. And there's always 1 month between them, so I doubt I'll get sick of them. :D

They've done Nishe and Forced In in the past, they could do The Gallery! Now that would be a good vocal break, depending on where it was placed on the set.

The Gallery would be a bit weird. I'm imagining it'd be played over the PA since it needs a theremin and that weird glitch drum effect. I love it though, so I wouldn't be adverse to it. It'd be nice to bridge the encore gap with some weird visuals like they did with Forced In a few years ago, as opposed to just silence.

On Unsustainable - surely the jam is already used as Matt's vocal break, so I think they're just playing it like any other song (unless Matt needs two vocal breaks as well as an encore break in which case, Jesus). It does sound beefy live (well, the middle part at least) but it feels really awkward since the band are just stood there for about half the song. I'm alright with it being played, but not taking up a song slot, especially when they're playing a 2 and a half minute jam as well.

One of these days they should play a false encore of nothing but closers. Take a Bow, Stockholm, Reapers, Survival, Knights etc. By the end of it you'd be completely and utterly fucked from the barrage of buildups, and then the real encore of Hyper Chondriac Music resolves everything beautifully.

#thingsthatwillneverhappen

The Gallery would be a bit weird. I'm imagining it'd be played over the PA since it needs a theremin and that weird glitch drum effect. I love it though, so I wouldn't be adverse to it. It'd be nice to bridge the encore gap with some weird visuals like they did with Forced In a few years ago, as opposed to just silence.

On Unsustainable - surely the jam is already used as Matt's vocal break, so I think they're just playing it like any other song (unless Matt needs two vocal breaks as well as an encore break in which case, Jesus). It does sound beefy live (well, the middle part at least) but it feels really awkward since the band are just stood there for about half the song. I'm alright with it being played, but not taking up a song slot, especially when they're playing a 2 and a half minute jam as well.

Yeah, I guess it irks me because the sets are quite short atm. If it was like a 23+ song set I'd be cool with it. But having it just take a proper slot like that...especially considering it's essentially a bunch of sequenced strings at the beggining (or the actual recording? not sure?) and then the chorus relies on a melody thats only interesting because of the programming thats going behind matt's playing... So it feels a tad lazy in the context of a set of 16 tunes. I'm not even one to complain much about stuf!. I remember TR tour getting some hate and I went to a gig and loved it, and felt the criticism was a bit blown out of proportion. But this leg of the tour just feels a bit half arsed.

I bet Minimum would sound fucking massive nowadays. I'd be more then happy with a rotation of that and Unsustainable for a jam/vocal break. If they have to do one, I genuinely don't understand why they don't use one of their actual songs.

Unfortunately, it'll never happen 'cause the generic Chris + Dom jams have been a staple for, what, 7 years at this point?

I bet Minimum would sound fucking massive nowadays. I'd be more then happy with a rotation of that and Unsustainable for a jam/vocal break. If they have to do one, I genuinely don't understand why they don't use one of their actual songs.

Unfortunately, it'll never happen 'cause the generic Chris + Dom jams have been a staple for, what, 7 years at this point?

pretty much - since osaka jam popped up