I guess but it doesn't really seem like it considering they are not taking a break before starting the Drones tour

Well, to be fair, since their break after the summer festivals, all they've done is one short stint in Asia and another in South America iirc. It's no big deal.

They actually had a considerable amount of time off, and then have taken several long breaks in between gigs this tour so far.

The only way travelling would be impacting them is if Matt is flying home in between the gigs when they don't have back to back shows (which he seemed to do a bit during the festivals) but other than Berlin, the shows seem about on par with each other performance-wise, typically.

On the topic of Matt's voice - I'm glad I saw Dead Inside just before it started to fall to shit (Download's a pretty good performance if anyone hasn't watched it btw). The first half is a bit awkward (though a fairly fun singalong tbf) but it's actually pretty decent and surprisingly punchy when it kicks in. It's definitely a better alternative to UD and Madness, instrumentally at least.

I'm kinda anxious about seeing it next year given it's decline, hopefully it improves a bit or they drop it down a semitone or two. Otherwise it's just gonna be painful for Matt and the audience, especially with some of them 4/5/6 nighters.

Edited by Jobby

On the topic of Matt's voice - I'm glad I saw Dead Inside just before it started to fall to shit (Download's a pretty good performance if anyone hasn't watched it btw). The first half is a bit awkward (though a fairly fun singalong tbf) but it's actually pretty decent and surprisingly punchy when it kicks in. It's definitely a better alternative to UD and Madness, instrumentally at least.

I'm kinda anxious about seeing it next year given it's decline, hopefully it improves a bit or they drop it down a semitone or two. Otherwise it's just gonna be painful for Matt and the audience, especially with some of them 4/5/6 nighters.

When Dead Inside was released it made my hopes go up that Matt's voice had somehow improved even more and was the best it's ever been overall. Really disappointing now that it's in fact the opposite. I'd never really cringed watching Matt sing before until watching Dead Inside live. It makes me uncomfortable watching/listening to someone sing when it's apparent that they are really struggling.

I've noticed that Dom really doesn't seem to be enjoying himself near as much as past tours. Past tours he is constantly smiling and going hard on the drums. He always looked amused at everything Matt would do on stage. Now he seems a lot duller. Also seems to have aged a lot more than Matt and Chris.

I've noticed that Dom really doesn't seem to be enjoying himself near as much as past tours. Past tours he is constantly smiling and going hard on the drums. He always looked amused at everything Matt would do on stage. Now he seems a lot duller. Also seems to have aged a lot more than Matt and Chris.

Playing the same set of songs for months is quite dull, I guess.

Gotta say i prefer the way he sings it live at 2:45-3:00 now (with both lines doing decending falsetto) to the recorded version. He should've done that to start with but with a harmony with chris, would've been ace :happy:

Nah sounded so much better with even the G4s and of course even better than that with a Bb4 belted on the album. The falsetto kills the momentum completely and the second line literally sounds crap in falsetto.

This kind of discussion is so boring, and based on next to zero evidence.

Talking about Matt's voice - is he still smoking?

I don't think anyone's ever really known. If he has been, he's done a pretty damn good job of not letting photographers get a shot of it considering he's pretty well stalked now.

Unless he just started back up, though, why wouldn't it have impacted him during the entire last album cycle?

I don't think anyone's ever really known. If he has been, he's done a pretty damn good job of not letting photographers get a shot of it considering he's pretty well stalked now.

Unless he just started back up, though, why wouldn't it have impacted him during the entire last album cycle?

So after tonight's gig, they will have another half month break. I hope Matt would really do something about his voice.

No comments...Only speculation...

I like Matt's voice. The discussion about his voice is boring (in my opinion):D

Matt's vocal issues are also rather factual. He's avoiding many notes that he hit last tour, struggling with ones he's going for, either being flat or really hoarse, and going to falsetto or lower notes in inconsistent places ( see the recent DI performances.)

And coming in late.

He was leagues better in the last tour.

If your opinion is that it doesn't matter to you, that's a completely valid one.

But, getting upset about people being disappointed is a bit nonsense.

So according to this board, Dom is pissed off, Matt's voice will be gone soon, and I know Chris almost never talks anyway - I guess they'll announce the end of Muse soon? ;)

I have to stay away from this place. :LOL:

I was thinking the same thing.. there is so much negativity in this thread for everyone being fans. If he falls flat in concert I will probably be enjoying myself too much to give a damn or to notice..

I was thinking the same thing.. there is so much negativity in this thread for everyone being fans. If he falls flat in concert I will probably be enjoying myself too much to give a damn or to notice..

If we weren't fans, we wouldn't buy tickets or care about their performances. There's nothing wrong with wanting the band to put in the effort to give people their money's worth.

Also, Matt's vocal struggles may prevent him from singing certain songs altogether (as he's apparently recently said about Showbiz), it stretches further than 'falling a bit flat'.