Minimum used to appear on the Perfect Setlist thread as an alternative outro riff to Who Know Who or Maggie's Farm after Map of the Problematique, and I seemed to think that would be pretty sweet sounding.

Of course now I'd be perfectly happy to have MOTP in more often. Although I did get that one at Brighton and it sounded great.

In terms of the jams it's generic. It's almost identical in parts to Helsinki jam and Osaka Jam.

Yup, + a bit of MK Jam. It's just boring at this point, there's nothing interesting about them. The fact that they're taking up a song slot is even worse.

Also...people are still holding onto 'varia jam' as a name?

Edited by Jobby

The name doesn't really matter. I like it better than the Helsinki Jam, just because it's indeed similar to the Osaka Jam. Furthermore, those changes between steady tempo and triplet-feel tempo gets me everytime.

I wonder why they never pull out some tracks from one of these (excluding the heavy part of The Globalist), it would lead to mindblowing results if done right.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I've never liked the jams. They don't feel organic to the flow of the set (not that Muse puts much thought into flow, imo...) and they've just started to feel like a bathroom break. Like, literally two of the band members doodling around because there's technical difficulties, or someone had to poo. But no, they take a song slot. There's enough slow songs and pauses between songs as it is... I just don't "get" them.

The name doesn't really matter. I like it better than the Helsinki Jam, just because it's indeed similar to the Osaka Jam. Furthermore, those changes between steady tempo and triplet-feel tempo gets me everytime.

I wonder why they never pull out some tracks from one of these (excluding the heavy part of The Globalist), it would lead to mindblowing results if done right.

A few years ago, I wouldn't have minded hearing one of them make it onto an album tbh but nowadays I'm so bored of it that I'd really rather not. Unless they really changed it up and got a bit more creative with it.

Now, Monty Jam on the other hand...

How come Matt doesn't wanna do any of the cool riffs he did in the verses of Muscle Museum like Hullabaloo or Glastonbury?? They were way cooler than the palm muted part.. Is he really that tired of that song lol

I do get the impression he 's not liked the song for a long time, so maybe it just doesn't inspire him to do stuff like that anymore.

Hysteria dropped for Resistance tonight, followed by Muscle Museum AND Citizen Erased!

EDIT: Followed by jam and Madness so no Apocalypse :LOL: Can they really not be bothered to make the set ONE SONG LONGER?

Edited by Spin26

So CE back in, Apocalypse Please out. That's a decent trade tbf but it's just a shame it looks like they feel they have to cut a rarity/oldie to play another. Like, just fuck Unsustainable or Resistance off (or, y'know, play an even slightly reasonable set).

I feel like a lot of people will let MM/CE/AP cloud their vision on these gigs but these sets are still fucking atrocious and I'll continue to champion that until they start living up to the prices they're charging.

So CE back in, Apocalypse Please out. That's a decent trade tbf but it's just a shame it looks like they feel they have to cut a rarity/oldie to play another. Like, just fuck Unsustainable or Resistance off (or, y'know, play an even slightly reasonable set).

I feel like a lot of people will let MM/CE/AP cloud their vision on these gigs but these sets are still fucking atrocious and I'll continue to champion that until they start living up to the prices they're charging.

Add that almost everyone here (Colombia), waited for more than 7y for another gig (in my case, it's the first time I will see them live, back in '08, I had no money for the gig)...

If they keep this generic setlist (including MM and CE) this Tuesday, I'll be partly satisfied, and if they come on a 3rd time, we'll request a decent setlist... xD...

Of course, they charged reasonable amounts at the US gigs, so we're in for, what?, 10 songs? :chuckle:

I'm gonna take a stab and say 18/19. Still not good enough but I guess it's...something?

You never know, depending on how rigid this new 360 production is and how much it dictates setlists, they might actually have to play similar length sets in most places.

...which may just mean everywhere gets 18 songs. Hmm.

Add that almost everyone here (Colombia), waited for more than 7y for another gig (in my case, it's the first time I will see them live, back in '08, I had no money for the gig)...

If they keep this generic setlist (including MM and CE) this Tuesday, I'll be partly satisfied, and if they come on a 3rd time, we'll request a decent setlist... xD...

I imagine MM was just for Brazil but CE and AP will probably still be there. Personally, I wouldn't be satisfied at all by that but if that's what floats your boat then okay.

Now, if someone wouldn't mind reminding them about Assassin in Belfast and Showbiz in London...

I like a song that most of you don't like :eek::p

The reaction of the crowd was good so I think I wasn't the only one :LOL:

it's not that I hugely dislike it

I'd just much rather get something else in it's place because they have so many much better songs, I've seen it live once before and it kind of dragged a little bit

I guess you can have it both ways - a Muscle Museum/Citizen Erased one-two is still impressive, but it should still be at least 2 tracks longer. Also as much as I think Hysteria needs dropping more, Resistance is not a valid alternative.

I'd imagine the Mexico City 360 gigs will be longer though.