Unpopular opinion but I like Munich Jam, and do like the video I saw from Chile where they were bouncing to it. I also did find it pretty funny when they dd the pro-shot from Arras and there was a bit when the feed cut to Matt headbanging somewhere off-stage. :chuckle:

But I do wish these jams were more free-form and improvised if they're gonna do them.

I want to see Dead Star live so much is one of my favorites songs!!

I agree that the setlists should be longer..at least two more songs Muse, please

And I miss Stockholm Syndrome so much, why they're not playing it anymore :( it's one of their best live songs imo

Maybe Matt is having a hard time singing it?

That "wohhheuuuheuuuuuhhhhwooooowwwooohuuuueerrruhhghhg" that Matt has sung over the intro to Resistance for the last few years doesn't do the song any favours. It's very bland as it is. If Muse want to mainly play singles, stick MoTP in there instead.

Good that they had the balls to drop Hysteria (TIRO next please?). I'd rather they didn't play SS at all than play it like they have this year. The choruses ain't great, Matt's changing the vocal phrasing to accommodate his voice and Chris' backing vocals are always way too loud. It's a sad, slow death for my favourite Muse song.

I guess you can have it both ways - a Muscle Museum/Citizen Erased one-two is still impressive, but it should still be at least 2 tracks longer. Also as much as I think Hysteria needs dropping more, Resistance is not a valid alternative.

I'd imagine the Mexico City 360 gigs will be longer though.

Hysteria/Map was a reasonable rotation. Even Animals if they wanted a slower moment

Do they not play Bliss or New Born anymore? Been months since they cropped up?

I'd actually prefer Resistance to Hysteria. :LOL:

If you replace Starlight with Dead Star that would be a pretty fantastic setlist.

...would it though?

That "wohhheuuuheuuuuuhhhhwooooowwwooohuuuueerrruhhghhg" that Matt has sung over the intro to Resistance for the last few years doesn't do the song any favours. It's very bland as it is. If Muse want to mainly play singles, stick MoTP in there instead.

Good that they had the balls to drop Hysteria (TIRO next please?). I'd rather they didn't play SS at all than play it like they have this year. The choruses ain't great, Matt's changing the vocal phrasing to accommodate his voice and Chris' backing vocals are always way too loud. It's a sad, slow death for my favourite Muse song.

I'm glad you mentioned that singing thing Matt does over the start of Resistance because I actually hate it so much, even moreso than the actual song. I can't believe that's still being played and Map isn't.

SS has been on the decline since 2006 but it's still absolutely mega and easily one of their best live songs. Miles better than CE and Dead Star but people wank over those whenever they're played.

Oh, and they've dropped Hysteria on and off for a few years now. It's not really a sign that they'll drop TIRO (unfortunately). I think it's one of Matt's favourite live songs so it'll be around forever.

Hysteria/Map was a reasonable rotation. Even Animals if they wanted a slower moment

Do they not play Bliss or New Born anymore? Been months since they cropped up?

Hysteria/Map would be a great rotation, I agree.

Bliss and New Born have been getting rarer since T2L Tour really (hell, Bliss was pretty much dead on TR Tour as well until it's mini-revival). They'll probably pop up in rotation on the 360 tour occasionally.

SS has been on the decline since 2006 but it's still absolutely mega and easily one of their best live songs. Miles better than CE and Dead Star but people wank over those whenever they're played.

Dead Star has been quite meh this era imo. It was pretty massive on the T2L tour but it sounds quite weak now, especially with the guitar parts he's started doing in the verses. CE is definitely better than Dead Star live now too. The opening riff is a monster though even if the song itself isn't the best live song they have.

Micro Cuts destroys them both though. Give me that over the current Dead Star any day. I was actually listening to the studio Dead Star yesterday for the first time in months. The thing is a fucking beast. Way moreso than it is live now.

What's overstated is the needless backlash to Matt "losing his voice" since that's not really what anyone has been saying, at least not from what I've seen.

But he sounds pretty bad during the last part of Dead Inside, he sounds extremely strained on G4s in Mercy. G4s...

And he avoids pretty much all A4s, Madness for example, and he only managed to do the A4s in The Handler a handful of times before he sounded really, really harsh trying to do even the first one.

It's not just about what he's done, it's about what he hasn't done. What he has avoided.

this is really bad

The thing is that Muse have removed pretty much every older song that Matt would struggle with. No Supremacy (except for a few iffy performances), no Survival, no Follow Me, no Panic Station, no Stockholm Syndrome.

What's kept from T2L is Madness with both A4s at the end in falsetto and Animals...well and an instrumental.

Muscle Museum is brought back in a lower key, Dead Inside is getting worse and worse for every performance, Mercy sounds very strained compared to for example Follow Me from last tour which was probably about as hard, if not harder.

Not to mention his falsetto. The Eb5 (second "I'm gonna win") in Survival was so much better than the D5s (which are lower) in Psycho and The Handler. Let's not even talk about the E5 at the end of The Handler. The way he manages that compared to similar notes previous years is really worrying imo.

Matt hasn't lost his voice, but it sure as hell is worse. Oh and last tour he sang Bb4s live in Survival, Feeling Good, Freedom and once or twice Follow Me. This time he hasn't done it once to my knowledge. He even falsettos the one in Feeling Good which he did even back during the TR tour where he avoided anything above G4 as often as he could.

Edited by Tjet

Interesting, very strange when in only 2013 he basically proved the forums wrong by singing Futurism really well.
Exactly what the actual discussion has been like :LOL:

And he didn't really prove the forum wrong. He improved his technique back in 2011, got better, and if you weren't convinced already in 2012 you were either a moron or just didn't really know anything about vocals.

I still just can't imagine what's happened. It doesn't seem like "getting older" would hit him so fast, so bad. And he's certainly out of breath. But is it really just fitness?

I really don't know anything about vocals. I just know it doesn't sound good.

And Madness without the ending is tragic.

*edit: it sounds like he went for the "let me go" at the last gig, but most of the ending of DI was in falsetto?

Edited by SerpentSatellite

This is going to be my first muse concert. I'll be at the Portland show on December 13th. I just looked up the possible "setlist" I am pretty excited for most of the songs on there, they seem like they will be easy to get into live.. but I'm a little sad that they wont be doing butterflies and hurricanes =(

This is going to be my first muse concert. I'll be at the Portland show on December 13th. I just looked up the possible "setlist" I am pretty excited for most of the songs on there, they seem like they will be easy to get into live.. but I'm a little sad that they wont be doing butterflies and hurricanes =(

The 'proper' tour hasn't started yet, so these sets probably won't be 100% representative of what you'll see (hopefully, anyway). Butterflies & Hurricanes is still very unlikely though, I'm afraid.