This. There's the 0305030, the descending guitar riff, the palm muted riff, and the descending jazzy bass riff as well as the solo. Anyone saying this track is boring and drags on too long should notice it's more technical than they think before saying "zomg fukn 17 year old riff unoriginal 2 literal i h8 u mose!!"

If they didn't even play the riff live once.. People would be crying & eating their assholes multiple times:LOL: over how heavy and nice the riff is. Other than the fact that it often gets mistaken for some RATM riff.

:stongue::logic:

Edited by psychx

One thing I've noticed is that there's always mass frustration and polarised, wildly shifting opinions when Muse release new stuff. Easy to forget this as a Muse fan, but their music is pretty batshit ridiculous at times, and I figure it takes a while for people to make up their mind.

I remember one time having a glimpse at the old board archives dating back to the early 2000's. Noticed the same trend around the release of Abso, where everyone started whinging about how terrible it was, how much better the old Muse were, how they were never listening to them again etc. etc.

whingers are gonna whinge. It happens every single time regardless of anything. Even if old fans do abandon Muse (like they might have due to Abso) there are going to be loads of people who love the current sound. It basically doesn't matter.

Also Muse will always be incredible live no matter what they decide to play and that's the best part.

If they didn't even play the riff live once.. People would be crying & eating their assholes multiple times:LOL: over how heavy and nice the riff is. Other than the fact that it often gets mistaken for some RATM riff.

:stongue::logic:

Exactly. Hahah

whingers are gonna whinge. It happens every single time regardless of anything. Even if old fans do abandon Muse (like they might have due to Abso) there are going to be loads of people who love the current sound. It basically doesn't matter.

Also Muse will always be incredible live no matter what they decide to play and that's the best part.

This so hard. I really feel like this is the album Muse fans have been waiting for, except of course nobody will notice it's what they've wanted all along because it won't be titled Origin of Symmetry. :facepalm:

One thing I've noticed is that there's always mass frustration and polarised, wildly shifting opinions when Muse release new stuff. Easy to forget this as a Muse fan, but their music is pretty batshit ridiculous at times, and I figure it takes a while for people to make up their mind.

I remember one time having a glimpse at the old board archives dating back to the early 2000's. Noticed the same trend around the release of Abso, where everyone started whinging about how terrible it was, how much better the old Muse were, how they were never listening to them again etc. etc.

Yeah, having read over the old threads discussing TIRO and being around for when SBH was released that was definitely the case. Less so for USE and Uprising though I think? Even Plug in Baby was a huge departure film Showbiz.

When SBH came out whole Muse fan sites like rocketbabydolls shut down entirely in anger.

Exactly. Hahah

This so hard. I really feel like this is the album Muse fans have been waiting for, except of course nobody will notice it's what they've wanted all along because it won't be titled Origin of Symmetry. :facepalm:

I was just thinking, when scrolling through the youtube comments, that this is exactly the problem.

People cannot make up their mind and think that Muse can stand still. ? No.

Just no. They never have. Every song on every album so far has brought something interesting new to them.

Muse is creativeness at its best and people just cant see that because now the oldest album to them sound like they had "one style".

....... Which they never did.

Yeah, having read over the old threads discussing TIRO and being around for when SBH was released that was definitely the case. Less so for USE and Uprising though I think? Even Plug in Baby was a huge departure film Showbiz.

When SBH came out whole Muse fan sites like rocketbabydolls shut down entirely in anger.

People complain too much and expect too much, maybe. Music was never meant to be compared in the first place.

https://instagram.com/p/zoFlcenXbG/

So this is dead inside?

Doubt it. They're wearing the same clothes are they are in the promo pic, so they probably just had that photo shoot here. Also I think that since they recorded "Dead Inside" (video) with the same director they also did it the same day. Possibly.

Personally I hope this is part of it:

But probably not since its supposed to be lead single .... and this is not the material for it

Honestly I get the gnawing feeling that "Dead Inside" will be the 7-string riff. Muse always have colossal album openers. Considering Psycho was already (consistently) colossal compared to the last couple of records in general, I feel like the single has to one up it.

That would be great to :)

Cannot wait. Still very excited about the album to come out. And only a small wait till the Single comes out.

BTW, I did not get any email with Psycho link tbh.... I bought the stuff just this morning though, so I do not know how long it takes for the email to arrive. :s

its kinda dragging me down that for over 70 days I will have to listen to same 2 song over and over. Psycho and Dead Inside.

The wait is already too long

??? You'll be able to hear probably the entire album by the end of the month... they're recording these live gigs from the Psycho UK tour to provide live versions of songs from 'Drones' for the DVD. Although that in itself might ensure they're going to ban the use of cell phones or something...

Drones wasn't the last one on the contract, though, Live in Rome would have been. There's an interview where Matt clearly implies he's not resigned, and was going to wait until it was closer to the time of LP7's release to decide how to release it, and was waiting to see what "alternate" methods were available.

They could have just signed back on for one album, though. We don't know.

I noticed this on Spotify earlier (attached)

whereas previous Muse releases have just said "Copyright Warner Music Limited" , Psycho says "Copyright Muse, under exclusive license to Warner Music"

Clearly, they're just using Warner to aid distribution or something then

1804210545_ScreenShot2015-03-12at19_44_24.png.337be7ac3ff385eaf5a768d032f3ec8b.png

whereas previous Muse releases have just said "Copyright Warner Music Limited" , Psycho says "Copyright Muse, under exclusive license to Warner Music"

Damn, nice catch. I guess they bought the rights back! Good news. I bet they're gonna try to make this sound like they couldn't put out a rock record because of Warner or something. It's a smart marketing move tbh, especially if they (want to) continue with their typical rock sound past this record.

That's another discussion really. Last two albums have been full of "studio" songs that don't come across well live, and older stuff seems to lose its spark over time, so it's hard to judge how good they are as a live band anymore. Another reason I'm keen for this return to a more guitar-driven sound.

Oh yeah I remember that, TIRO was hated. I can't remember Uprising. I know USoE had some mixed reactions due to the Queen-y sound, but introducing it in parts probably helped to dull the response. (I'm onto your game guys)

:stunned::LOL:

The muted riff in the verses reminds me Elephant by Tame Impala. All in all, the song is crowing on me, nevertheless, it should be shorter.

Because they're both open-string 12/8 riffs. There's probably thousands of them around if you want to make a list.

I wondered about this stuff with Warner as well. I thought they'd left so I couldn't understand why this album is still attached to Warner in some way. I assume they have a contract with them which means Warner still has rights? Isn't Muse's own label HE-3 an arm of Warner, so maybe that's the link? I'm just guessing, lol.

??? You'll be able to hear probably the entire album by the end of the month... they're recording these live gigs from the Psycho UK tour to provide live versions of songs from 'Drones' for the DVD. Although that in itself might ensure they're going to ban the use of cell phones or something...

I think its too optimistic to say that. I guess they will be playing maximum 4-5 songs including psycho and dead inside. Also we will have no access to recordings. Im not sure if i wanna hear crappy phone recordings etc. I will listen to them once but on repeat for 60+ days? Dont think so

I wondered about this stuff with Warner as well. I thought they'd left so I couldn't understand why this album is still attached to Warner in some way. I assume they have a contract with them which means Warner still has rights? Isn't Muse's own label HE-3 an arm of Warner, so maybe that's the link? I'm just guessing, lol.

Muse is licensing out their music, which means they now own the rights to their own stuff. So instead of Muse getting a cut of Warner's album sales in exchange for making the product that will sell, Warner is probably getting a cut of Muse's album sales in exchange for marketing, or something of the like.

I think its too optimistic to say that. I guess they will be playing maximum 4-5 songs including psycho and dead inside. Also we will have no access to recordings. Im not sure if i wanna hear crappy phone recordings etc. I will listen to them once but on repeat for 60+ days? Dont think so

How is this too optimistic? If half of what they're marketing the new album as with the CD+DVD package and the deluxe edition, they say they're putting new songs on there. I highly doubt they'll only put like 5 tracks. Since this is a completely unprecedented type of tour for Muse, it's entirely possible they'll either play the record in full at each gig + other tracks, or just play the entire album over the course of the entire tour with songs rotating in and out, and pull from the best recordings for the DVD. The only optimism here is the hope that they won't confiscate recording devices.