Yep, it simply works. I don't expect everyone to agree of course but I think this is the best track they've put out in ages.

I wouldn't discount the fact that they put out some solid tracks over the last two albums, but as albums they didn't hold together. This sounds like a band with determination and a message to spread. They're streamlined and have purpose. This is really what they've needed for a while now, as far as I'm concerned. To make reference to standouts from the past, I think Animals would fit in perfectly on this record based on the mood of it all, as well as MK Ultra and Isolated System.

They're really forced and they're excessively thrown in the middle of the song. Not to mention that the sergeant in the video looks dumb.

could it be that his presence is meant to piss people off? Like an extraneous effect to (really really) drive the point home.

I do think he's meant to look dumb at least - just like the actors for the live performances of animals, they had punchable faces too.

woooow just heard it, sweeeet :LOL:

but:

-what's up with "your ass belongs to me now"? :LOL:

-super drone? srsly?

-the sergeant does, indeed, look dumb.

other than that, it's keeeeewl. would've loved to hear some actual harsh vocals from matt, but it's still great :facemelt:

If you're anything like me you will be singing your ass belongs to me now while going about your daily activities.

Nice work Bellamy. :stunned:

"He looks dumb"

-fabri 2015

3/10 almost got me going there

What are you trying to say?

o7tbONF.jpg

The way he acts is awful imo. No emotion or energy whatsoever. He stands there, pointing his finger. I don't see anger in his expression. That's why it feels forced. And they should have picked a better voice actor.

Have no clue how the drill sergeant was forced when that whole original clip was expressly recorded for the song as it was being made. The sergeant's parts in the middle of the song are barely even sprinkled in. Guarantee you you'd be complaining it's "too simple" if all of that was excluded.

We don't need you mindlessly defending every bit of the song or the video.

o7tbONF.jpg

The way he acts is awful imo. No emotion or energy whatsoever. He stands there, pointing his finger. I don't see anger in his expression. That's why it feels forced. And they should have picked a better voice actor.

Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't make me mindless. Also what they were going for was ur reality which was obvious, so I'm sure that plays into making the actor seem detached rather than super angry, considering "according to Matt's Twitter links" psychopaths don't feel much emotion.

Edited by jonisdead

Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't make me mindless.

You missed my point. You're just trying so hard to defend everything about the song or the video. Saying things like "Really the complaints about this track are whiney." just because people have a different POV.

Also what they were going for was ur reality which was obvious, so I'm sure that plays into making the actor seem detached rather than super angry, considering "according to Matt's Twitter links" pyschopaths don't feel much emotion.

And that's reading too much into it. That would be a subtle detail, and Muse don't know subtle.

You missed my point. You're just trying so hard to defend everything about the song or the video. Saying things like "Really the complaints about this track are whiney." just because people have a different POV.

And that's reading too much into it. That would be a subtle detail, and Muse don't know subtle.

Well Tom had him wag the finger and act stoic so I can only assume that mightve been his thought process

Much, much rather what we have to trash like "she attacks me like a leo, my heart is split like Rio". Really the complaints about this track are whiney.

The thing is that these lyrics was somehow suitable for I Belong to You. And as long as it's by no means fans favourite, it's not as cringeworthy as songs like NSC/Survival/GL etc. I mean, the clarinet solo, clapping, the middle part in French mixed together turned out to be some fresh, gave the song nice, suitable mood. With Psycho, I think it would be better if Matt have sticked to undecipherable moans instead of writing any lyrics. I don't care if there is some reason why lyrics are being shite as long as they ruin the song. Some people say that's because the concept of the album demands this and in the context it'll be better. I don't think there is possibility that any set of songs and any concept would rescue something as bad. I'm tired of hearing Muse is doing the same thing again and again. I think they're capable enough to make their songs not so repetitive and uninspired. Isolated System was an example that comes first to my mind, IBTY was also fresh, maybe Animals.

Apart of lyrics I liked the first 2 minutes of Psycho. But it's like, you know, the disappointment when you first realized that the second part of Unsustainable is basically the same as the album trailer.

There's no way Drones gonna be better or different than the previous two. It's exactly the same thing again.

o7tbONF.jpg

Are we complaining about the lyric video now..? :LOL:

Are we complaining about the lyric video now..? :LOL:

What do you mean? Aren't people allowed to complain about a lyric video (which btw is clearly more than just a "lyric video", since it features the band themselves playing and even actors)?

And no, my criticism of the drill sergeant bits apply to the song as well.

Edited by fabripav

What do you mean? People are not allowed to complain about a lyric video (which btw is clearly more than just a "lyric video", since it features the band themselves playing and even actors)

And no, my criticism of the drill sergeant bits apply to the song as well.

I mean it's not like it's a proper music video for a single. Sure, it features the band, but it's low budget and simple. This was probably knocked up by Tom Kirk in a week or two... It's just to give people something to look at while they listen to the track...

Fair enough you're not a fan of the talking. I didn't like the clips in The 2nd Law tracks much but I feel it fits well with this... Each to their own. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Alright, apparently there was a little more production. But the sentiment still stands.

Edited by -FutureStar-

It's cool that you've already listened to it. Care to share some more details about the songs?

I care to share with you why you misunderstood my post. With "exactly the same thing again" I'm referring to what happened to my expectations for T2L after releasing Survival. And when the Survival was released I already knew how the whole TR era looked like.

I'm not saying the album is the same, but I'm expecting it to be. I feel like stepping for the third time to the same water. There's literally nothing new. If people say that Drones gonna be good because it'll be "heavy/raw/whatever" and the Psycho should be considered as the example then :rolleyes: For me waiting to see Chris as vocalist on T2L was much more interesting.

I enjoy the video, too, tbh.

As I do think that it fits in very well. This is not supposed to be the omfg-single. Its a very solid good song. In addition I sort of think in its way its overreptiveness (not just verse but everything including sarges voice throughout the song) does make the song what it is.

Its pretty fucking psycho.

Obviously the ending does add to it as well

I enjoy the video, too, tbh.

As I do think that it fits in very well. This is not supposed to be the omfg-single. Its a very solid good song. In addition I sort of think in its way its overreptiveness (not just verse but everything including sarges voice throughout the song) does make the song what it is.

Its pretty fucking psycho.

Obviously the ending does add to it as well

:yesey:

Got the email confirming my Deluxe order. Hope everyone else did

I did.... three of the fuckers, even though I was only charged once (and even then it said the verification failed!) I sent a question to the peeps at the Muse store asking them to cancel two of them, although I've got nothing back yet. I sent the request a few hours ago.

Ah well, at least I got my download link for Psycho. Damn' that song just keeps getting better with every listen!

I did.... three of the fuckers, even though I was only charged once (and even then it said the verification failed!) I sent a question to the peeps at the Muse store asking them to cancel two of them, although I've got nothing back yet. I sent the request a few hours ago.

Ah well, at least I got my download link for Psycho. Damn' that song just keeps getting better with every listen!

I got two, but neither had a bloody link to Psycho!

I've been charged twice too.