tbh I'd be surprised if they'd played that over any other album tracks, I feel like they still need to keep something as big as a single under wraps until its release. I could be wrong though

The target of the single wouldn't listen to a live rip of the song off YouTube anyway.

Muse sounded a little confused in terms of the direction that they want to head into. Plus I can't help but picture Marilyn Manson screaming the "i'm gonna make you / i'm gonna break you / i'm gonna make you / a fucking psycho" parts instead of Chris. :LOL::LOL: but I do enjoy the song, regardless

Then again, since it's a goddamn conceptual LP, the song may flow well when played w/ the rest of Drones in chronological order.

Anyone thinks that the song being repetitive is a symbolism for the brainwashing? (if anyone read the link on brain-washing shared by Matt on twitter not too long ago)

Muse sounded a little confused in terms of the direction that they want to head into. Plus I can't help but picture Marilyn Manson screaming the "i'm gonna make you / i'm gonna break you / i'm gonna make you / a fucking psycho" parts instead of Chris. :LOL::LOL: but I do enjoy the song, regardless

Then again, since it's a goddamn conceptual LP, the song may flow well when played w/ the rest of Drones in chronological order.

Anyone thinks that the song being repetitive is a symbolism for the brainwashing? (if anyone read the link on brain-washing shared by Matt on twitter not too long ago)

Personally, no I don't think its deliberate.

What's so LOL about Joe Public wanting to listen to a poor recording of a Muse song?

Why are people misunderstanding so much tonight?

?!

Maybe I am misunderstanding something...

I thought he meant the target of a single (as in a more mainstream friendly song) is not going to be going to the effort to look for a ripped version off of youtube...

I didn't think he was really commenting about quality...

tbh I'd be surprised if they'd played that over any other album tracks, I feel like they still need to keep something as big as a single under wraps until its release. I could be wrong though

The target of the single wouldn't listen to a live rip of the song off YouTube anyway.

Top quote thinks maybe Dead Inside won't be played as they'd want to keep it a secret so it gets more publicity when released as a single.

Bottom quote says the target audience of a single won't give a shit about a crap recording from a gig

Top quote thinks maybe Dead Inside won't be played as they'd want to keep it a secret so it gets more publicity when released as a single.

Bottom quote says the target audience of a single won't give a shit about a crap recording from a gig

Ok, yeah can see it that way too, but that's not far off what I meant anyway, and I'd still have written LOL because that's a funny truth to point out. (Or I thought it was at the time, who knows what to think now)

He's saying target audience are plebs who don't actively seek out music on YouTube, but rather listen to it as it comes to them on the radio.

I absolutely love this song and it sounds great, yes parts are cheesy. But it is good cheese like cheddar, not some shit cheese that no one has heard about or hates. Personally, I think the last minute could be improved without having the drill sergeant in the background, it clashes too much with Matt's singing voice and just doesn't fit. I understand that this is a concept album and they want to convey a message and a story (something I avoid when making music, I just shove a load of my favourite songs onto a digital LP). If the drill sergeant wasn't on here it would be a million times better. Although it does seem to fit in from 3:25-3:40.

By the way, I saw some people saying Muse have re-signed with Warner. They haven't! A few months ago I posted an announcement from Warner from 2009 (pre-The Resistance) I think saying that they had Muse contracted for 3 more albums. So Drones would be the last on that contract. If I find the article again, I will post it.